#1 New Waverly vs #4 Kountze

aTmfan06

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say let the party begin!!!!  This IS the state game!!!  NW has better come to play and I am sure that they know that!  I believe Kountze will prepared for this game better than any game they have played.  NW has been a thorn for Kountze, but the Lions are definitely focused on one thing, and NW is standing in the way of that ONE thing.  I would have to say that their are probably more NW fans who do not want to see this match up this early than Kountze fans.  If you are gonna be that best and win that state championship, you need to play the best...be it if it is the first game or the last game.....but this should be THE game in Austin,...too bad that one of these teams will be going home early...especially when there will be so many other teams continuing in the playoff who could not hang with either team....anyway, I am definitely going with Kountze to win this one by twelve....84-72.

[quote name="utfan06" post="763889" timestamp="1266822977"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66362.msg763880#msg763880 date=1266821121]
They haven't got to that gameyet each team has some business to take care of first.
[/quote]

Id be willing to bet all my money that this game is goining to happen!!
[/quote]
It would be huge if it doesn't just saying it isn't set yet.

[quote name="speechless" post="763906" timestamp="1266845055"]
im guessing clarksville and ponder may have something to say about it being THE state game
[/quote]

These two games are definitely the best 2A games to be played....they should probably be the final four at the state tourney....BUT, I have seen some great teams ranked lower that are GREAT teams...  If people have followed these teams, their history, and seen them play though, they will probably say that these four teams should be in the finals....TO BAD THAT TWO OF THEM FOR SURE WANT MAKE IT!! 

Guest ktzlionsfan
First, I have to say that this is just so wrong!!! Out of the top 4 ranked teams in 2A, two of them will not make it to regionals. :( :( :(

With that said, I agree that this game is certainly going to happen. And I'm definitely wanting to see Kountze win this one. The atmosphere is going to be electric when these two ranked teams match up. Last year, New Waverly got off easy when we played them. This year will NOT be a repeat. They had better bring their A+ game. I have the Lions by 20. ;D

The Ponder/Clarksville game is also quite interesting. Too bad one of them is going to have to watch Regionals as spectators. My guess will be Clarksville just because Ponder won state the last two years.

[quote name="ktzlionsfan" post="763993" timestamp="1266854718"]
First, I have to say that this is just so wrong!!! Out of the top 4 ranked teams in 2A, two of them will not make it to regionals. :( :( :(

With that said, I agree that this game is certainly going to happen. And I'm definitely wanting to see Kountze win this one. The atmosphere is going to be electric when these two ranked teams match up. Last year, New Waverly got off easy when we played them. This year will NOT be a repeat. They had better bring their A+ game. I have the Lions by 20. ;D

The Ponder/Clarksville game is also quite interesting. Too bad one of them is going to have to watch Regionals as spectators. My guess will be Clarksville just because Ponder won state the last two years.
[/quote]  they did not get off easy they earned the win  ktz played them tough lost because of free throws but we dont have that problem this year and it will be interesting if they cheat to david side because he lit it up frm 3 last year on em but devin was not there so it shud make it different

[quote name="AggieLion" post="763975" timestamp="1266853640"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=66362.msg763906#msg763906 date=1266845055]
im guessing clarksville and ponder may have something to say about it being THE state game
[/quote]

These two games are definitely the best 2A games to be played....they should probably be the final four at the state tourney....BUT, I have seen some great teams ranked lower that are GREAT teams...  If people have followed these teams, their history, and seen them play though, they will probably say that these four teams should be in the finals....TO BAD THAT TWO OF THEM FOR SURE WANT MAKE IT!! 
[/quote]

Both games should be great games but to say should be final four automatically is a stretch.  I like it when early round games are said to be "the state title game" lol

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="764433" timestamp="1266892869"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=66362.msg764282#msg764282 date=1266881222]
After playing New Waverly, and seeing Kountze play. Kountze wins by 15-18
[/quote]If you saw NW at East Chambers tournament, then you saw NW without one of their stars, who got hurt during their opening game.
[/quote] all they have is the left handed shooter and the twins too much devin bray and roman walker its no way they are as gud as silsbee

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="764553" timestamp="1266901238"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66362.msg764433#msg764433 date=1266892869]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=66362.msg764282#msg764282 date=1266881222]
[/quote]If you saw NW at East Chambers tournament, then you saw NW without one of their stars, who got hurt during their opening game.
[/quote] all they have is the left handed shooter and the twins too much devin bray and roman walker its no way they are as gud as silsbee
[/quote]

You could say the same for Kountze, all they have is Brey and Walker. ;)

I like this New Waverly team but I think Kountze will take them by 5.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="764556" timestamp="1266901613"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=66362.msg764553#msg764553 date=1266901238]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66362.msg764433#msg764433 date=1266892869]
[/quote]

You could say the same for Kountze, all they have is Brey and Walker. ;)

I like this New Waverly team but I think Kountze will take them by 5.
[/quote]Johnson hit some big time buckets the other night.

If Harrison for NW would drive to the basket instead of settling for shooting outside, NW has a real good chance of knocking off Kountze. The Watts twins are very good athletes and can hang with Brey and Walker on an athletic basis. Brey and Walker are better basketball players than the twins.

New Waverly has some size, with Harrison at '6"3, the Watts twins at '6"2 and the soph. post Snoe at '6"4.

I think this will be a close game with Kountze coming out on top, 75-70.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder