Nederland 11 Bridge City 4 F

BaseBow

[quote name="Razor" post="764396" timestamp="1266890668"]
Nederland is going to be legit this year...remember they made the regional finals last year and have most of that team back...they took the highly heralded Brenham squad to the absolute brink
[/quote]

You guys ready for a rematch in the regional final?  I can't wait.  Both teams have alot returning.  I'm wondering why Nederland isn't ranked?  Oh well, being ranked is fun but it comes with a price....Epecially when you have the #1 next to your name. (aka bullseye on your back) also check out this schedule... (even though they got the Cinco Ranch score backwards)
http://mobile.maxpreps.com/s/5584/19;jsessionid=B61171AB5CE4B0EF4BAF36696020CFD9?ParentId=6894373&ssid=ebb67413-bb91-4f97-a0ad-78633e52ad41&schoolID=4da31f19-c07f-423f-861d-c4a8cce51b10&schoolName=Brenham%20(Brenham,%20TX)&genderSport=boys,baseball&viewType=more. Not to mention Moody is coming to town for the Brenham Alumni Tourney.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="764595" timestamp="1266906124"]
Also do you think laird has locked down the #2 starter roll? (currently #1 until Kirby gets back)
[/quote]

Laird would be No 1 on almost any other team in the area. He's just a smart pitcher who doesn't give ya anything to hit. Brown is another good pitcher for Nederland, he just had some controll issues last night and didn't get to use that wicked curve ball.

Again, it's early. Can't really judge by the 1st game. Remember, Bridge City's LF, RF, 3B, 2b and 1B and one pitcher had never stepped on a Varsity field.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Big Stick" post="764696" timestamp="1266941777"]
Isnt the field the same on JV.lol.A strike is still a strike.
[/quote]

Thanks for the insight Coach Dale. Mayby Jimmy Chitwood will play after all. ;)

Errors doom Cards against Bulldogs
Gabriel Pruett
The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — The Nederland Bulldogs made opening-night a long one for the Bridge City Cardinals.

The Bulldogs got 12 hits and gladly accepted four Cardinals’ errors to win 11-4 at Cardinal Field.

Cody Laird got the win on the hill for Nederland (1-0) as he hurled three innings and gave up one run on two hits with five strike outs.

Forrest Zoch got the loss for Bridge City (0-1) after giving up four runs on four hits with four strike outs and one walk.

Zoch did not benefit from the defense Laird did as Bridge City committed four errors in the first four innings.

Nick Cardenas punished Bridge City pitching all night and was 4-for-5 at the plate with two doubles and a two-run homer with four RBI.

The homer came in the first inning as Nederland quickly built a 3-0 lead.

The Cardinals got their first run of the night in the third inning as Brandon Simoneax ripped a leadoff double and later scored when Zack Smith hit a double.

Smith finished 2-for-4 with two doubles and two RBI. He picked his second RBI up after striking out yet reaching first on a passed ball when Cameron Dishon scored.

Matt Hicks later scored that inning when Dylan Mulhollen had a RBI groundout.

Courtesy runner Jason Broussard, running for catcher Matt Menard, scored the Cardinals’ last run when Dishon had a RBI groundout.

The Cardinals hope to turn around their fortunes this weekend at the Lumberton Tournament.
print this story   

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="764724" timestamp="1266944919"]
[quote author=Big Stick link=topic=66342.msg764696#msg764696 date=1266941777]
Isnt the field the same on JV.lol.A strike is still a strike.
[/quote]

Good point big stick, just don't want to crown the Bulldogs state champs. This weekend at the Deer Park tournment should be a good test.
[/quote]

But by using the logic on another thread, experience does not matter. If your program has been good in the past, then it should be good now. Therefore, the lack of varsity of experience of the Cardinals is not relevant.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="764607" timestamp="1266928153"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=66342.msg764595#msg764595 date=1266906124]
Also do you think laird has locked down the #2 starter roll? (currently #1 until Kirby gets back)
[/quote]

Laird would be No 1 on almost any other team in the area. He's just a smart pitcher who doesn't give ya anything to hit. Brown is another good pitcher for Nederland, he just had some controll issues last night and didn't get to use that wicked curve ball.

Again, it's early. Can't really judge by the 1st game. [b]Remember, Bridge City's LF, RF, 3B, 2b and 1B and one pitcher had never stepped on a Varsity field.[/b][/quote]

If that's the case, why do so many folks have BC ranked so high?

I think they are the third best 3A team in the area.

It's way to early in the season to be crowning anyone state champs, that's for certain...I am just glad that baseball season is here and look forward to a great season...nice start for Nederland last night, but we all know they have pretty lofty goals for this season and this is hopefully just the beginning...baseball is a funny game as we all know and lots of things can happen, but at this point, I like Nederland's chances of having a pretty good year.

Nederland looked good.  Just think how much stronger they get when Kirby is full strength and basketball(Pitts and Campbell) is over.  I agree Laird would be a number one and Pitts, Smith, and Brown would be number 1 or 2 on most other teams.  I don't think I've ever seen a team with this much pitching depth.  Unforunately it means some pitchers will not get the work they need.  

I am just saying most of them knew they would probably be on varsity this season.They have had a year to get ready.I am not saying they are not ready,I am just saying to make the comment that it is their first time on a varsity field just makes no sense to me.It is wats it is. Good luck!

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="Razor" post="764752" timestamp="1266947892"]
It's way to early in the season to be crowning anyone state champs, that's for certain...I am just glad that baseball season is here and look forward to a great season...nice start for Nederland last night, but we all know they have pretty lofty goals for this season and this is hopefully just the beginning...baseball is a funny game as we all know and lots of things can happen, but at this point, I like Nederland's chances of having a pretty good year.
[/quote]
The most unpredictable game in the world  ;)

[quote name="JoesBros" post="764758" timestamp="1266948523"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=66342.msg764752#msg764752 date=1266947892]
[/quote]
The most unpredictable game in the world  ;)
[/quote]

I agree...

[quote name="Big Stick" post="764756" timestamp="1266948390"]
I am just saying most of them knew they would probably be on varsity this season.They have had a year to get ready.I am not saying they are not ready,I am just saying to make the comment that it is their first time on a varsity field just makes no sense to me.It is wats it is. Good luck!
[/quote]

I am relatively certian that the speed of the game is much different then at the JV level.  Balls are hit harder, thrown harder.  It usually takes kids more than a few innings of Varsity ball to completely adjust to the level of play.  Dont count those cards out just yet.  They are still going to challange that highly touted squad from OF for the district title.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83