10. Hamshire-Fannett (Johnson)  [b]1[/b]

2. Orangefield (Statum) [b]9[/b] Too much offense from Cats
9. Kelly (Townsend)  [b]2[/b]

3. Jasper (Sowell) [b]4[/b] Great first round game. Jasper finds a way though
8. Vidor (Hester) [b]2[/b]

4. PNG (Benoit) [b]2[/b]
7. Bridge City (Hicks) [b]3[/b] Hicks too much for PNG

5. Lumberton (Erickson)  [b]3[/b]
6. LCM (Waddell) [b]4[/b] Landry hits another home run, why not?

Guest jhamilton
Ok Ruth about time we talk about your top ten which I really enjoy each year.  BUT BUT after seeing the boys from Huffman this weekend they need a look. They have a really good young team with some good pitching. They are strong up the middle and you will hear or read about them over the next several weeks. So how about soem ink this week?

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="776916" timestamp="1268580340"]
Top 10 coming this afternoon!
[/quote]

I hope you will consider Evadale breaking into the top ten as they are 6 and 0 for the young season. They have wins over three 1A teams, West Sabine, Sabine Pass and High Island. Two wins over 2A teams Hardin and Anahuac and one 4A team Cleveland. I am not sure exactly what a teams resume needs to break into the top ten, but I would imagine the there are a few teams on the preseason list that do not have half of their victories in classifications above theirs.

The Rebels are averaging 11 runs a game while they are only giving up under 4, including two shut outs. This is a team that made it to the Regionla semi finals last season and only lost two senior off that squad. They added a couple of quality players that transfered in this year and they still only have three seniors that are starting.

They have four quality pitchers with a couple of others that propably won't get much time on the hill this season. Solid defensive infield with speed in the outfield. Offensively the bats are being productive, they scored 15 against Cleveland!

Just wanted to make the case for the Rebels, as I believe that they have what it takes to be one of the success stories for SETX this season. 

[center][IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4363/forumbannerl.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][size=12pt][i][b]BASEBALL TOP 10[/b][/i][/size][/center]
[center][b][i]Week of March 14, 2010[/i][/b][/center]

1.     Nederland (2)

2.     Orangefield (1)

3.     Beaumont West Brook

4.     Vidor (1)

5.     Jasper (1)

6.     Port Neches-Groves

7.     Bridge City

8.     Little Cypress-Mauriceville

9.     Lumberton

10.    Kingwood Park

Others receiving votes Evadale, WOS, Buna, Memorial

1. Orangefield - speaks for themselves
2. Nederland - Bellows back and good pitching depth
3. Westbrook - has proven themselves
4. Vidor - with Hester hard to beat, after that ?
5. Jasper - How many more games can Sowell pitch, great sticks
6. Bridgecity - Hicks enough said, but # 2 ?
7. LCM - more pitching depth than expected and putting up runs
8. PNG - Kane missing hurts bad, but #2 and #3 are very good
9. Lumberton - solid team and will upset several teams
10.WOS - much improved program and playing very good ball

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="777335" timestamp="1268680610"]
Since you asked, how about 9, and Lumberton can be 10?  I wouldn't care if Lumberton was 8, it isn't about who is on the list shouldn't be there.  It is just about keeping Crosby on the radar.
[/quote]

We will be move up the list soon and make room for yall! ;D

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="777306" timestamp="1268676040"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=66337.msg777245#msg777245 date=1268670043]
[quote author=juskillenit89 link=topic=66337.msg777220#msg777220 date=1268665796]
Crosby 9-2, needs to be there on the list.
[/quote]

I agree...
[/quote]

Lumberton is 10-2 and sits at #9.  Where do you want to put Crosby?
[/quote]

What's each teams best 2 wins and who did they lose to?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics