Pre-Spring 20-4A Rankings

D3zii

[quote name="D3zii" post="789993" timestamp="1271217999"]
Umm..I know everone wants to believe that Because their JV was Really good their Varsity team will be the same way.

But im here to tell you, IMO just because your JV teams were so good dosent mean your Varsity team will be all that next year..

1. This is Varsity. Everythings Faster, Bigger and Stronger. The Team you whopped up on is working that much harder to do the same to you..
2. Some players may respond Diffrent to the Varsity level.. You may say Football is football no matter who you play, But why do you think You get draft Bust every Year..
3. You never know What Juniors from last Year Played Varsity but didnt start, maybe thats why the JV wasnt so good.. Ever Thought about that..

IDK that was just On my mind. Now im not saying they wont be good..Im just tired of seeing Our JV, was like this or we went undefeated on JV. Not just on here, Every were
[/quote]

What he said...  8)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="D3zii" post="789993" timestamp="1271217999"]
Umm..I know everone wants to believe that Because their JV was Really good their Varsity team will be the same way.

But im here to tell you, IMO just because your JV teams were so good dosent mean your Varsity team will be all that next year..

1. This is Varsity. Everythings Faster, Bigger and Stronger. The Team you whopped up on is working that much harder to do the same to you..
2. Some players may respond Diffrent to the Varsity level.. You may say Football is football no matter who you play, But why do you think You get draft Bust every Year..
3. You never know What Juniors from last Year Played Varsity but didnt start, maybe thats why the JV wasnt so good.. Ever Thought about that..

IDK that was just On my mind. Now im not saying they wont be good..Im just tired of seeing Our JV, was like this or we went undefeated on JV. Not just on here, Every were
[/quote]
Normally I agree with the whole JV argument, but one thing that is a little different with PNG right now is that there were no Juniors on Varsity last year that didn't play. And the JV team was predominantly made up of the Sophomore class. The key is numbers. PNG has so many kids in the program that they can afford to have those borderline Juniors and Sophomores playing on JV.

[quote name="diesel" post="789935" timestamp="1271213846"]
Everyone besides you ned11str8 knew exactly what I meant...you don't got anything better to do then pick up grammer errors on a message board and post them
[/quote]
I didn't even notice the gramatical error.
Don't over analyze this simple question Diesel ! I really wanted to know how the JV's in district 20-4A did last year.

Does anyone know the order that the JV teams from 20-4A finished last year ?
Does anyone have the answer?
*** DISCLAIMER: * I am not basing a prediction off of JV records.
                        * I am simply asking a question !

1. PNG
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?

well i am not saying vidor is goin to make the playoffs but is it possible yes it is. first of all we are not playing saint marys girl school of the blind in the pre district this year like we have for the past 6 years. also there was alot of juniors on jv that was not on varsity last year because we had so many seniors, and the jv team did well dont know the record but i know that they didnt lose many but we still have to win road games if vidor could some how pull off an upset and then beat everyone that we are suppose to we have a shot. but will they do it? probaly not

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="792367" timestamp="1271784784"]
[quote author=Bearball18 link=topic=66232.msg792065#msg792065 date=1271708069]
Bears are going to win the disrict Championship. IMO ;D
[/quote]

In a sport???                                                  chill....J/K
[/quote]

Well we did miss out on district sweepstakes (1st place) for UIL academics by only a couple points this year...

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="792681" timestamp="1271819704"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=66232.msg792367#msg792367 date=1271784784]
[quote author=Bearball18 link=topic=66232.msg792065#msg792065 date=1271708069]
Bears are going to win the disrict Championship. IMO ;D
[/quote]

In a sport???                                                  chill....J/K
[/quote]

Well we did miss out on district sweepstakes (1st place) for UIL academics by only a couple points this year...
[/quote]

Yup. Just 163 more points and y'all would've had it. ;)

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="763234" timestamp="1266685385"]
LCM has from 14-16 returning starters (depending on how and when you count it.)  They have 4 or 5 players from last year's freshmen team that will make immediate contributions.  They have 10 players that will graduate 3-year starters, and lose none of the skill position players on offense, besides Johnny Epps, who started the first 5 games but was primarily cornerback the second half of the season.  However, they do play both PNG and Nederland away, inexplicably, for the second straight year.  Anyways...

1.PNG-losing a bunch, but PNG always is senior dominant.  Faircloth really knows how to capitalize at such a football-crazy school.
1a. Central-also lost a bunch (i think losing Hale will hurt them worst.)  However i seem to remember counting out last year's team for the same reason.  The returning running back (Heard?) is legitimate
1b.LCM-obviously my favorite team, but with all those returners in the second year of Coach Crouch's system, with how much they improve from '08 to '09...
4.Nederland-Surely Forney will qb again next year, it's just surprising they didn't put him there sooner.  I think, as far as returning players goes, Nederland is better off then Central or PNG
5.Lumberton-has Ryan's Hughes and Asher returning, as well as a host of will-be juniors and seniors.  I see them being better than last year, but the loss of Jesse Sparks, Kyler Keith, Anthony Beard, etc will hurt them
6.Ozen-The two running backs are back, and that should keep them out of the district basement.
7.Livingston-I believe Blake Burnman was a junior.  Also, they had a big sophmore rb who should be decent.  But last year's team wasn't impressive and i don't see why this year's team will be any better.
8.Vidor-by far, the biggest disappointment of last season.  You had a team with a huge number of returning starters, many of which had played varsity since their sophomore year.  Vidor was the hot choice for district champs.  They dominated non-district (albeit against lesser competition.)  They ended up crawling into the play-offs and bowing out in the first round. They have no speed on a team with 3 returning starters.  And btw, the fan's conduct at last seaon's homecoming game against LCM was shameful and embarrassing.

[/quote]
I hope Lumberton does at least this well, just not sure. L-Town could do much better if Hughes were moved to running back, Asher is a good kid just not a marquees player. Hughes on the other hand would make an outstanding running back but my understanding is someone close to him whines if he's not QB. Lumberton has a perfectly good back up QB that would make a great starter and personally after watching him run, Hughes I think would do himself  much better college wise if he moved, he could be on the level of Hannah or Hussey I think. Just my opinion.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="794410" timestamp="1272125619"]I hope Lumberton does at least this well, just not sure. L-Town could do much better if Hughes were moved to running back, Asher is a good kid just not a marquees player. Hughes on the other hand would make an outstanding running back but my understanding is someone close to him whines if he's not QB. Lumberton has a perfectly good back up QB that would make a great starter and personally after watching him run, Hughes I think would do himself  much better college wise if he moved, he could be on the level of Hannah or Hussey I think. Just my opinion.
[/quote]
Lumberton's JV QB looked very good last year. Strong arm and command of the game.

[quote name="badndn" post="794832" timestamp="1272288165"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=66232.msg794410#msg794410 date=1272125619]I hope Lumberton does at least this well, just not sure. L-Town could do much better if Hughes were moved to running back, Asher is a good kid just not a marquees player. Hughes on the other hand would make an outstanding running back but my understanding is someone close to him whines if he's not QB. Lumberton has a perfectly good back up QB that would make a great starter and personally after watching him run, Hughes I think would do himself  much better college wise if he moved, he could be on the level of Hannah or Hussey I think. Just my opinion.
[/quote]
Lumberton's JV QB looked very good last year. Strong arm and command of the game.
[/quote]

I agree.

I love battleing it out for the District Championship, No doubt,

But i can honestly say my Favorite part of the season is the playoffs, and cheering for each other, to go as far
and represent this Area and 20-4A, and let them know through out the state that the best football is still played in SETX..

So rather it be Central :D , PNG, Nederland, LCM, Ozen , Vidor , Lumberton, or Livingston, I just want one of
us to Bring home a State Championship :D

[quote name="D3zii" post="795168" timestamp="1272334284"]

But i can honestly say my Favorite part of the season is the playoffs, and cheering for each other, to go as far
and represent this Area and 20-4A, and let them know through out the state that the best football is still played in SETX..

So rather it be Central :D , PNG, Nederland, LCM, Ozen , Vidor , Lumberton, or Livingston, I just want one of
[/quote]
Good post
i just hope this year we (ozen) will be one of the four in the playoff. ;D

[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="795606" timestamp="1272467186"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=66232.msg795168#msg795168 date=1272334284]

[/quote]
Good post
i just hope this year we (ozen) will be one of the four in the playoff. ;D
[/quote]

Ozen should be much improved this year.....

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="796069" timestamp="1272597520"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=66232.msg795615#msg795615 date=1272470517]

[/quote]

Would you care to elaborate?  Not being rude, i'm just curious...
[/quote]

Second year head coach who came from a larger program. They always have the atheletes just need the discipline to go with it. Not saying they'll be in the top 4 but they will be improved.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="796127" timestamp="1272632765"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=66232.msg796069#msg796069 date=1272597520]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Second year head coach who came from a larger program. They always have the atheletes just need the discipline to go with it. Not saying they'll be in the top 4 but they will be improved.
[/quote]
Didn't they also loose their young RB early in the season, who played well as a Freshman the year before??

[quote name="badndn" post="796260" timestamp="1272649821"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=66232.msg796127#msg796127 date=1272632765]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=66232.msg796069#msg796069 date=1272597520]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Didn't they also loose their young RB early in the season, who played well as a Freshman the year before??
[/quote]

no he's still there

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="796500" timestamp="1272680346"]
What was the Sr RB that was supposed to be the best RB in this district and was first team all district in 2008. The Fresh. Rb won newcomer of  the year last year, I believe...
[/quote]

both of ozen's backs comin back

raideroldtimer you must be related to the back up qb bc thats the craziest thing ive ever heard. Purkes is a very good back up but he not on Hughe's level. Also Ryan is not near the athlete Jacob or Cody was. Hes a good scrambler bc hes a tough kid but hes not a running back. Please quit making silly comments about someone whining to Coaches bc u have no idea what your talking about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83