*SILSBEE @ HJ BROADCAST THREAD*/Audio & Video/HJ WINS!

The foul count was pretty even and as whistle happy as it was it was consistant.They blew it on both ends all night.The turning point in this game came on a 5 point swing Ricossa had in the second half.Silsbee had been in control until then, if Travis had it to do over he probably calls a time out there and settles his kids down.This was not an easy balgame to call in the officials defense.Every player pushed it to the edge on every possessions.I gotta say #32 for the Tigers is as good a player as I've seen all year.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="761000" timestamp="1266387345"]
All of this foul talk but yet HJ is the only one with a player to foul out..........Ricossa fouled out with about 3:45 left in the game!!!! ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

Don't think they favored either team.  Some bad calls both ways but it did cause some cautious play. But the Tigers had Hill foul out.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761003" timestamp="1266387630"]
The dry spell that Silsbee went through in the 4th was what killed them. They went scoreless from the 7 minute mark to the 3:15 mark. That 3:45  going scoreless was very costly. HJ went on a 10-0 run during that span.
[/quote]

That was very costly some point blank misses and some bad shot decisions.

When both teams attack the basket and play pressure defense the foul count is gonna be big,as long as it's big on both sides the players and coaches have to adjust.Silsbee has a ton of talent but probably need to post Stallworth up a little more when the games are at a crucial point.He seems to have a pretty calm demeanor when some of those around him are losing it.This was a fun game to watch and the atmosphere was unreal.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761003" timestamp="1266387630"]
The dry spell that Silsbee went through in the 4th was what killed them. They went scoreless from the 7 minute mark to the 3:15 mark. That 3:45  going scoreless was very costly. HJ went on a 10-0 run during that span.
[/quote]That's where I said Travis probably wishes he had used a timeout and settled them down a little.

[quote name="ST413" post="760996" timestamp="1266386555"]
That is a little bigger difference in foul numbers than I thought still don't think it was unfair.
[/quote]

gotta factor in the fouls down the stretch by the tigers to intentionally put the hawks on the line...  that made the difference look a lot worse than it actually was.

[quote name="whsalum" post="761006" timestamp="1266387963"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66123.msg761003#msg761003 date=1266387630]
[/quote]That's where I said Travis probably wishes he had used a timeout and settled them down a little.
[/quote]

At one time there I believe he tried but it was never heard or seen.  It was on a Hawk free throw.  Play restarted and he didn't retry.

[quote name="bullets13" post="761008" timestamp="1266388064"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66123.msg760996#msg760996 date=1266386555]
That is a little bigger difference in foul numbers than I thought still don't think it was unfair.
[/quote]

gotta factor in the fouls down the stretch by the tigers to intentionally put the hawks on the line...  that made the difference look a lot worse than it actually was.
[/quote]

Silsbee committed 3 fouls with time running out to put HJ at the line.

29 fouls is still way too many.

[quote name="bullets13" post="761008" timestamp="1266388064"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66123.msg760996#msg760996 date=1266386555]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did widen the gap a little but not that much.  Great game,  I just wish they would have let both teams play a little more.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="761007" timestamp="1266388002"]
Yes forgot about Hill..........watching the replay and he TALKS way too much CRAP!!!!!!!  How did the refs not give him a TECH at the end of the game!!!
[/quote]

I was surprised too that Hill didn't get a tech. But, I spoke to the HJ coaching staff after the game and they felt that the refs couldn't call that tech due to the fact that 3 of the Hawk players were too verbal after some calls.

[quote name="ST413" post="761013" timestamp="1266388516"]
AAW on the replay I heard you say we will play Rudder don't they have to break a tie with Navasota?
[/quote]

Bryan Rudder has elected to go as the #2 seed out of that district instead of playing it off with Navasota.

The word is that they feel they have a better chance going up against Silsbee than going the other route.

Same with Navasota. They were fine with Rudder giving up the #1 seed because they would rather play HJ.

I believe both those teams are in for a rude awakening. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami