Fight mars ending of Central/Ozen game

No matter how many times we see this its still a bit shocking. But PLEASE dont try and make this a Central\Ozen thing >:(. This crap happens with teams of many different racial makeups. And I've felt threatened playing at many of our friendly "PW" communities in this area and many others. Wrong is Wrong. Bottom line. She should be punished according to her actions and thats it.

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="745636" timestamp="1263832063"]
No matter how many times we see this its still a bit shocking. But PLEASE dont try and make this a Central\Ozen thing >:(. This crap happens with teams of many different racial makeups. And I've felt threatened playing at many of our friendly "PW" communities in this area and many others. Wrong is Wrong. Bottom line. She should be punished according to her actions and thats it.
[/quote]

Well, after reading back through this thread it seems to me like you are the only one to make a distinction of racial boundaries.  You are right in the fact that this "could" happen anywhere at any school.  My point is that Ozen seems to think they can march to their own beat regardless.  See the previous thread of a few weeks ago "Does anybody REALLY know what happened at Ozen last night".

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="745636" timestamp="1263832063"]
[/quote]

I don't think it is a Central/Ozen thing. I have watched girls basketball for 6 years and my opinion is there is to much smack talk on the court and it is also too physical. It will only get worse not better. Some coaches encourage this to get in the other teams head. I have seen it first hand on the college level. I am sure it is at the high school level also. TV is what is wrong with our young people. They see unsportsmanship( smack talk or celebration) on TV and think it is OK. By the way, yes the officials have someting to do with this. Glad my kid does not play high school sports anymore. To be honest I am ready for her to get a job. ;D ;D

This is not basketball, I watched my daughter in a PRE-SEASON game get her arm broken on a late foul after she had stole the ball and passed the ball away, Do not get me wrong she is just as mean and aggresive as the next girl, But I watched as the fouls kept getting rougher (Both girls), Stripes were not calling anything both ways, They let it get out of hand, So after two pins and out all season I thought I had seen it all, But this takes the cake, There had to be something going on with these two girls during the game. I think it is sad that you can not send your kid to a game and not have to worry about this kind of stuff.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="746239" timestamp="1263926161"]
Orangefield/HF game had over 50 fouls called.  We're not happy either way, we say let them play until someone gets hurt, then we say don't call so many fouls. 
[/quote]Was anyone hurt, or punched ? I am just saying .

After reading the responses regarding the incident between the Ozen/Central players I still think that some people just do not get it. Regardless of the school or ethnicity it is is just plain wrong that we as a community have allowed this sport to be hijacked this way. Of course we want the kids to win but not at the expense of character. It's as if the philosophy is "play hard, play dirty and don't get caught". Just as children do not come into this world with hate and racism in their hearts, players do not go onto the court and play "their" game without the sanctioned approval of their parents, coaches, athletic directors and referees. Such a shame that it is all about "winning". What happened to the addage "It's not about whether you win or lose but how you PLAYED the game"? A backetball court should be neutral territory and not tainted by race or bias. Let the kids play their best, coached by coaches with character and refereed by refs with character and observed by fans/family with character.
It's not that difficult, you just might be surprised.

Ozen has a history in the "B.S." department with girls basketball. Stuff that goes on there that would not be tolerated at other programs.
Here is an example from 2006 when Lumberton played at Ozen. Ozen took an early lead and all was fine in the gym. When the Lumberton girls took the lead, a man in the Ozen crowd began yelling at one of the officials. (The white guy) After a few minutes, the other official, who happened to be black, stopped the game and came over and spoke to the school principal on duty. I was standing next to him. He asked the school official to remove the loud man from the gym, "because he is making threats to my co- official" were his exact words.
The school guy says I will take care of it. he then walks over to the guy causing problems and gives him a high five. With a big smile on his face he talks a second and walks away, out of the building. Loud, obnoxious guy resumes his taunts.
The Lumberton principal, his wife, and 10 year old daughter then decided to leave. When they walked past, loud guy says " Go on. Get your white a$$es outta here."
I asked who the guy was, and was told his wife was a teacher at Ozen.
The Lumberton principal's wife wrote a letter to BISD Superintendent and copied it to BMT Enterprise complaining about this treatment.
To this day, she has never received a reply from BISD.  And Ozen just rolls along with some more scandal every so often.
Now, every town has a few loud mouths at games, Lumberton included. But if an official asks, they are gone from the property immediately.

For a contrast, Coach Fontenot at Central has put a darn good team on the floor, and you will never find a more courteous and polite bunch. And the same for the fans at Central. It is a classy program all around.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124