What were your favorite games this season?

KFDM COOP

Montgomery- I got to see Dobbins, a first team all state HB; not to mention it came down to the final seconds.  14-7 
Waller- It was a game that brought us back down to earth with a 1 point loss...fuel for the playoffs.  14-15
PNG- I saw my cubs almost blow a 20-0 lead, only to hang on at the end with a late interception.  27-21
Anglton- This was my favorite, as Brenham was down 21-0 at the half and it seemed like our season would end after this game.  In the second half we somehow slowed Angleton down and slowly made their come back.  With a few miutes left, coach West rolled the dice, with a fake fg.  The fg would have tied it, but after getting the 1st down, the next play we scored and went up 32-28.  Angleton had one more chance on a deep pass, but once again it was picked off.  32-28
Dayton- It was the rematch I'd waited a year to see.  Finally, a chance to redeem the 2008 blowout.  By half time we trailed again 14-0.  Dayton scored again and went up, 17-0.  Brenham didn't give up and started scoring and causing turnovers.  For the third week in a row a late interception sealed the deal.  30-24.
Aledo- After beating Tivy by 10 we were sceduled to make our second title appearance.  Aledo got out to a 14-0 lead, but once again we came back.  At the half it was 21-14, and our title was being taken away by a sophomore.  Gray, the sophomore, was also a first team all state HB.  After going down 28-14, we scored to make it 28-21.  With under 5 minutes left, we drove down to the Aledo 9 after starting at our own 20.  On 4th and 1 with 2 minutes left, West called a run up the middle.  It looked to be close, but was just short of the first down.  Three plays later, Gray broke free for a 89 yard td run, making it 35-21 and putting the last nail in the coffin.  35-21

All and all, it was a great season and next year looks promising. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="737398" timestamp="1262400706"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=64163.msg737383#msg737383 date=1262397730]
That would have to be the only one I missed (go figure).  The PNG Central game.
[/quote]Yea, man.  You missed a classic!
[/quote]

That was an awesome game. It's my pick for the season.

The Texas City game and Mid-County Madness get honorable mention.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83