Houston Yates Vs?????

TopDawG52

Who in our Area would come the closes to getting Yates. This should be interesting. Looks like these are the top teams in our area.

Memorial          Silsbee
Kountze          Sour Lake Hardin Jefferson
Bmt West Brook.

IMO i think Memorial would have the best chance but that still would be a 20 or 30 pt lose.
Maybe if we could send the Big 2 from Kountze to Memorial then it would be a game.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="734725" timestamp="1261662006"]
I was talking about this the other day I think if you had this line up from our area you could give them a run

Brey
Walker
Forney
Turner
The flat top guard from central
[/quote]that's a pretty good starting five for any team

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="734725" timestamp="1261662006"]
I was talking about this the other day I think if you had this line up from our area you could give them a run

Brey
Walker
Forney
Turner
[/quote]Pretty good linup here.  I see you like the 'flat top' kid's game, Buc!  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="734748" timestamp="1261670046"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64094.msg734725#msg734725 date=1261662006]

Brey
Walker
Forney
Turner
[/quote]Pretty good linup here.  I see you like the 'flat top' kid's game, Buc!  ;D
[/quote]

He's had it all when I watched him vs. hj...See's the whole court knows the offenses enough to direct his players, good ball skills and sweet shot...put 4 inches on him and he'd be a lot more popular name.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="734755" timestamp="1261672219"]
more like this

1. Shaq White   memorial
2. Roman Walker  Kountze
3. Devin Bray    Kountze
4. D.C. Stallworth  Silsbee
5. Dionte Forney  Nerderland
Bench 
Prentice lane   Silsbee
Jacoby Turner   HJ
Decarlos Franks   Ozen
Kristian Smith     Central
  I think this team could be them ;D
[/quote]

Havent seen Memorial...in fact I dont think I've ever seen them play any sport...I cant imagine having Stallworth above Turner if your going by position switch Brey to 4 and put Turner at 3 jmo

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="734787" timestamp="1261685352"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=64094.msg734748#msg734748 date=1261670046]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64094.msg734725#msg734725 date=1261662006]

Brey
Walker
Forney
Turner
[/quote]

He's had it all when I watched him vs. hj...See's the whole court knows the offenses enough to direct his players, good ball skills and sweet shot...put 4 inches on him and he'd be a lot more popular name.
[/quote]Plus, his shot looks better since he's a lefty.

[quote name="SFA85" post="734846" timestamp="1261703547"]
This years Yates team may be as dominant in basketball as the '83 Dangerfield football team....

So, it doesn't matter who lines up against them in Reg 3, [b]Yates will avg 50 point victories on their way to state[/b]
[/quote]

I agree, except in the playoffs, they will average 35 point wins in the 5 games they play in Region 3, not 50. ;)

No small school kid in the area would match up well against Yates. I saw Centrals press give HJ and Silsbee fits and Yates is 10X more agressive!  You have to be strong with the ball and be able to take contact!  High school refs can't make all those calls! Yates has three lights out shooters and one kid that may be small, but he plays 6'10!!! Their scheme makes them so strong!  Maybe if you get the best kids in the area and make Boutte their coach you could give them heck... Because Boutte will slow the game down to a half court match-up! Memorial would have the best shot but they don't have enough kids that are strong with the ball!!! That would be their downfall!!  You would  need three kids that are real strong with the ball and it would not help having a fourth!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami