Why Won't Jasper Play Kirbyville Pre-Season...just wondering

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Guest ~old_wildcat~
I'm trying to figure out why Jasper did not wan't to play Kville this year...We lost to them last year, I liked the competition of the game,just trying to figure out the reason why...does anyone know...?

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rmac" post="732576" timestamp="1261149939"]
They may in district if Kirbyville moves back to 3A.
[/quote]

Is this a possibility,(moving back to 3A) and if I may ask,Where did you get your information...just curious..first iv'e heard about it..

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="badndn" post="732722" timestamp="1261171315"]
Without a doubt it is because they are afraid of Kirbyville!

So now instead they play Gilmer. ;D
[/quote]

I don't think they are afraid of Kville,they may think they are too good for us now... ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="732578" timestamp="1261150119"]
Maybe they are trying to increase the competition level in their non-district schedule. ;)

Of course, I am certain that this is only one side of the story about Jasper NOT wanting to play. The other team always states that. ::)
[/quote]

I went by what my source told me.  Nothing else was said about it.  Just that they didn't want to play.  I am sure there is a very logical reason but to these 2 communities it is a very big and important game no matter what.

.[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="732698" timestamp="1261169035"]
[quote author=rmac link=topic=63955.msg732576#msg732576 date=1261149939]
[/quote]

Is this a possibility,(moving back to 3A) and if I may ask,Where did you get your information...just curious..first iv'e heard about it..
[/quote]

It depends where the cut off is for 3A.  It will probably be from 425 to 440.  I think Kirbyville turned in around 430

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rmac" post="733974" timestamp="1261429000"]
.[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=63955.msg732698#msg732698 date=1261169035]
[quote author=rmac link=topic=63955.msg732576#msg732576 date=1261149939]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It depends where the cut off is for 3A.  It will probably be from 425 to 440.  I think Kirbyville turned in around 430
[/quote]

Thanks for the info rmac...

Kville is not going 3a the numbers for 3a are going up, Kville will stay 2a. They are spilting 2a into two divisions at the beginning of the Season Kville will be in 2a division 1, as for Newton It is uncertain at this point weather Newton will go D1 or D2 but everyone in Newton wants to go D1 and for good reason all the good competition will be in D1.

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe if kirbyville played 2 in jasper and 1 in kville.  It was not a good experence this year in kville way to long of a wait to get in and the concession stand and yall could use a few more seats on the vistitor side.  I will miss watching kville play at least once a year but It is always better playing above your classification than down.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="743921" timestamp="1263494196"]
Maybe if kirbyville played 2 in jasper and 1 in kville.  It was not a good experence this year in kville way to long of a wait to get in and the concession stand and yall could use a few more seats on the vistitor side.  I will miss watching kville play at least once a year but It is always better playing above your classification than down.
[/quote]

I have much love for my friends in Jasper, but unless things have changed drastically, there is no room for complaint about another schools facilities from the Jasper fans.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="744156" timestamp="1263527136"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=63955.msg743921#msg743921 date=1263494196]
[/quote]

I have much love for my friends in Jasper, but unless things have changed drastically, there is no room for complaint about another schools facilities from the Jasper fans.
[/quote]

very well said.... ;D

first I'm referring to the wait to enter the game was 45min, second kville does not have enough seating on the visitors side for the jasper fans. third the women working the concession stand (who is a personal friend) admitted they were not preparred and didnt have enough help, my son got in line at the BEGINING of the 2nd quarter (END OF THE 1ST QUARTER) he finally got to the window after the 3rd quarter had started.  and we got their early (not stopping for supper) after work. My kids said they never wanted to go to kville again they were hungry and tired of standing ;D

Other then just a tremendous rivalry situation - why would a 3a team want to play a 2a team anyway.  What is in it for them?  If they win they are suposed to win - if they lose all anybody says is that they lost to a 2a team (and yes there are plenty of 2a teams out there that can beat a 3a team), but there is nothing in it for the 3a team.

Maybe its just one Jasper fan but there are some lame excuses to not wont to play a 2-A schooland one of the excuses being the seating. Jasper being a division 1 3-A school should have much more seating than us. I actually think we have more seating than yall do anyways. Besides this is like Texas vs. Oklahoma this is a huge rivalry there should be no excuse not to play.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="743921" timestamp="1263494196"]
Maybe if kirbyville played 2 in jasper and 1 in kville.  It was not a good experence this year in kville way to long of a wait to get in and the concession stand and yall could use a few more seats on the vistitor side.  I will miss watching kville play at least once a year [b]but It is always better playing above your classification than down[/b].
[/quote]

????????????  How so?  You can go down or up and  get your hiney's kicked or kick theirs.

Perhaps Jasper's coach decided to play someone else?  Not like they have been shying away from competition.  A lot of place around the state where schools next door to each other don't play because of difference in classification.  Typically it isn't beneficial to the bigger schools program when they lose.  Kirbyville is good enough as Newton is year in and year out to beat Jasper.  I personally feel like Jasper needs a moderately good team or two on the schedule instead of the murder's row like they had this last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83