Newton & Kirbyville losses

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="734535" timestamp="1261590021"]
I stand by what I said. I have not threw around any of the coaching. You want to make this out to be about me. Alright you do that. I still think getting beat by an offense two years running is worth questioning how do you do something about it. I have not said anything about the coaching of those defenses. You want to belittle me about working. As long as anyone works for what they have I cannot say anything negative towards them. I happen to not run the debarker but admire someone that can day in and day out to provide for their family. Your obviously superior to anyone in that position.
[/quote]

Well Beano just because you stand by what you've stated doesn't mean you aren't wrong. You have thrown around the coaching and the coaches. 

I still challenge you to have the guts and the down unders to walk into those coaches office with a piece of chalk and get on the board.

Yea We Lost the State Game AGAIN!!! Because Of 2 key mistakes in the First Half thats all there is too it. Defense stopped them enough to win the game, ...offense on the other hand Scored First play of almost every drive until besides the ones Where We Fumbled twice on the sme play Simply giving momentum to PP. Take thm 2 fubles away and Leave Caleb Cucancic at Qb after kael Jones was having a horrible night we Most certainly Have a chance of Taking This game With some difficulty But Congrats To Both teams Kirbyville & Newton On their Runs In te Playoffs

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Wildcats#1" post="736962" timestamp="1262288361"]
Yea We Lost the State Game AGAIN!!! Because Of 2 key mistakes in the First Half thats all there is too it. Defense stopped them enough to win the game, ...offense on the other hand Scored First play of almost every drive until besides the ones Where We Fumbled twice on the sme play Simply giving momentum to PP. Take thm 2 fubles away and Leave Caleb Cucancic at Qb after kael Jones was having a horrible night we Most certainly Have a chance of Taking This game With some difficulty But Congrats To Both teams Kirbyville & Newton On their Runs In te Playoffs
[/quote]

Yeah there is always a reason you lose...And when you bring them out they become excuses...I don't know all the reasons why Kirbyville has took TWO teams to State and lost with both of them.IMO either team was good enough to win with..When your'e playing teams at this level there is no room for mistakes,penalties,turn overs..After two trips to the State Finals Kirbyville should be well aware of this..If You Don't Learn From Your Previous Mistakes,You Are Doomed To Repeat Them Again...JMO

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="737170" timestamp="1262361121"]
[quote author=Wildcats#1 link=topic=63795.msg736962#msg736962 date=1262288361]
[/quote]

Yeah there is always a reason you lose...And when you bring them out they become excuses...I don't know all the reasons why Kirbyville has took TWO teams to State and lost with both of them.IMO either team was good enough to win with..When your'e playing teams at this level there is no room for mistakes,penalties,turn overs..After two trips to the State Finals Kirbyville should be well aware of this..If You Don't Learn From Your Previous Mistakes,You Are Doomed To Repeat Them Again...JMO
[/quote]'

No ones making any excuses...Both teams this year and last year did something that we never did all season or Very rarely did.. Fumbles Interceptions And Stupid Defensive Penalties. cut them out we have 2 state rings Resting upon our fingers Right now..lol But yet we Make mistakes We will prolly never be able to over come dufficulty IMO

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Wildcats#1" post="737370" timestamp="1262394765"]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=63795.msg737170#msg737170 date=1262361121]
[/quote]

[/quote]'

No ones making any excuses...Both teams this year and last year did something that we never did all season or Very rarely did.. Fumbles Interceptions And Stupid Defensive Penalties. cut them out we have 2 state rings Resting upon our fingers Right now..lol But yet we Make mistakes We will prolly never be able to over come dufficulty IMO
[/quote

wait and see...long time till August... ;)

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="737457" timestamp="1262437486"]
[quote author=Wildcats#1 link=topic=63795.msg737370#msg737370 date=1262394765]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=63795.msg737170#msg737170 date=1262361121]
[/quote]

[/quote]'

[/quote

wait and see...long time till August... ;)

[/quote]

I Just Hope Im Wrong....i Hope they Step up and Bring One Back To SEXT

Maybe K and N could find more spread offenses to play in the non district schedule.  This at least would give them some practice agains the spread.  Of course, in K case, holding on the ball should be a #1 priority next season.  I have never seen so many balls put on the ground as this year.  As they say, maybe third times the charm.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[b]I find myself struggling for the words to describe the hilarity in this thread.[/b]

keep struggling..maybe you'll get it... ;D :D

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="738184" timestamp="1262624071"]
Let's all laugh while WE continue to lose!
[/quote]

Champ I don't consider Kirbyville a loser anytime you make it to the State Finals your'e a winner in my book...How you feel ,is up to you...not being smart or saracastic..JMO

I'm not calling any team a loser. I am and have been simply saying that if something stops a team from winning, that team should realistically look at what stopped it and how to not let that happen again. Everyone has their opinion on what stopped Newton and what stopped Kirbyville for the last two years. I personally think the offenses ran elsewhere in the state have a lot to do with why there are no state champions in the golden triangle area in the last four years. This seems to offend a lot of people and make them attack me personally. That don't change the fact that there are no state champions in any classification. Do we have inferior athletes, coaches, stadiums, or fans? I think not. But I get those very things put in my mouth by other people that interpret any kind of discussion as a slam at some particular group, ie athlete, coach, stadium, or fan. I can guarantee if any team makes it out of this area in the playoffs, they are going to see this offense. Is it unbeatable, no. Do other teams have better athletes? Sometimes, but better athletes can be beaten by better schemes, sometimes. Do good coaches hide their heads in the ground and give up just because the other team has better athletes? I think Kirbyville has proven that to not be the case the last few years. They have had a lot of good athletes but have beaten teams with more athletes because of schemes of play. I simply think there is room for one more step. This is my opinion.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="738184" timestamp="1262624071"]
Let's all laugh while WE continue to lose!
[/quote]

If your'e not calling any team a loser explain the above statement..a continuance of losing is defined as a loser...I don't know the reasons why we lost twice in the State play-offs, I hope Coach Alvarez knows the reason,And tries to fix the problem.I'm glad we had the opportunity to try twice,At least now we can say we been there,coaching I leave to qualified people( which i'm not one of them)..I feel the road back to State will be much more difficult this coming year,atheletes in every district and every class seems to me to be getting bigger and better every year,and with realignment we will be seeing some new teams..there's lots of ways things could go this year..I think the old addage by Smith & Barney may come into play in this years football season.." We Win State Championships,The Old Fashioned Way...We Earn Them...Good Luck To The Eagles...

Did I name Kirbyville in that statement? No. Have I called Kirbyville a loser in respect to their program? No. I do not find hilarity in losing. Here we go again with putting things in my mouth I haven't said. The definition of stupid is doing the same thing that has failed over and over expecting different results. The fact is Kirbyville has lost two years in a row in the state title game. This does not make them a loser or their coaches stupid. Newton has lost two years in a row to a team running a certain offense, as has Kirbyville. Does this make them losers as programs? No. I, as a fan, do not want them to be stupid. I don't walk the sidelines and never have. Does this make me stupid about the game? No. Do I think there are other ways of doing things? Yes. Coaches in general think that fans have nothing to offer them and therefore can not contribute. So my manhood(kahuna's) are called into play. The thing about paying taxes. If people like me did not pay their taxes, there would be no coaches. If there were no fans, same thing, no coaches. I've not called for the hanging of any coach or his program, I simply say there are things out there that need to be addressed differently. Do I think this discussion on this forum is going to get it done. No. Do I think it should be discussed on a forum such as this. Yes. It's not brain surgery.

Interesting topic.
My only question to ChampionEagles is what scheme should Kirbyville and Newton run? I've watched alot of football and have seen both teams play numerous times. It seems that Newton runs some kind of gap attacking defense with man coverage and Kirbyville runs a 4-3 defense with a cover two look. From my knowledge there are only two more defenses you can run and that would be a 5-2 or split six. Which defense do you suggest would bring the two schools up to date in this new age of football?

Or do you simply believe that both schools should run the spread and try to out score this new unstoppable offense?

I wonder if all the teams knocked out by the local playoff runs lately are wondering if they need to switch to an offense like Newton or Kirbyville's?

At the end of the day most any system is more or less viable.  It comes down to talent and execution.  Yes there are many spread teams right now..it is the trendy offfense.  A while back it was the wishbone.  A few years from now it will likely be something else.

The hard thing about scrapping a system and starting over is you have to accept a few years to get it in place and teach the system to the kids.  It is hard for teams competing for titles to find the motivation to do that.  Euless Trinity is another fine example.  The coach there has spoken of this very thing.  It is basically crazy for a team like Kirbyville, back-to-back finalists, to change the entire system they are running.  On either side of the ball.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Hotrodg" post="738694" timestamp="1262708887"]
I wonder if all the teams knocked out by the local playoff runs lately are wondering if they need to switch to an offense like Newton or Kirbyville's?

At the end of the day most any system is more or less viable.  It comes down to talent and execution.  Yes there are many spread teams right now..it is the trendy offfense.  A while back it was the wishbone.  A few years from now it will likely be something else.

The hard thing about scrapping a system and starting over is you have to accept a few years to get it in place and teach the system to the kids.  It is hard for teams competing for titles to find the motivation to do that.  Euless Trinity is another fine example.  The coach there has spoken of this very thing.  It is basically crazy for a team like Kirbyville, back-to-back finalists, to change the entire system they are running.  On either side of the ball.
[/quote]

Hotrod I couldn't agree more...Don't get away from what got you there....Coach Alvarez has done a tremendous job at Kirbyville and I'm behind him 100%...We have a good team coming back..Will we go back for the third time...Who knows.? I think if things stay pretty well the same we have a good of a shot as anyone else...

Newton might be able to run but I think they are in the same situation Kirbyville is in have great running backs why waste them running a spread. LeFredrick Ford could do othing but catch a pass every now and then in the spread Kelvin Bennet would only be able to do the same it just would work for Newton or Kirbyville IMO.

[quote name="speedkills" post="738744" timestamp="1262714483"]
Newton might be able to run but I think they are in the same situation Kirbyville is in have great running backs why waste them running a spread. LeFredrick Ford could do othing but catch a pass every now and then in the spread Kelvin Bennet would only be able to do the same it just would work for Newton or Kirbyville IMO.
[/quote]

send ford on over to a good spread team and see how many times and how many different ways he would get the ball!!! He'd be a good player in any offense.

[quote name="dayton" post="738794" timestamp="1262718209"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63795.msg738744#msg738744 date=1262714483]
[/quote]

send ford on over to a good spread team and see how many times and how many different ways he would get the ball!!! He'd be a good player in any offense.
[/quote]
true too but theres not a chance coach alvarez would change an offense that has been this succesful over the years.

This is great...January is still HS Football TALK....I am waiting for the official allignment info.  I forget the 7 who may be in ???  Refresh if you know

Kville 5-1 or better
Newton 4-2
CC  3-3
Anahuac 3-3
Woodville 2-4

Who else is there in the Big 2A for the Kville/newton etc  district

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="triskaideka" post="738949" timestamp="1262735078"]
This is great...January is still HS Football TALK....I am waiting for the official allignment info.  I forget the 7 who may be in ???  Refresh if you know

Kville 5-1 or better
Newton 4-2
CC  3-3
Anahuac 3-3
Woodville 2-4

Who else is there in the Big 2A for the Kville/newton etc  district
[/quote]

Triska this is the Padilla predictions for district:

Kirbyville
    Newton
    Woodville
    Crockett