Cleveland

Bobcat1

[quote name="Karma" post="730381" timestamp="1260826676"]
Anyone know which of the players Cleveland lost to transfer last year?  They were my pick to make a run at state this year.
[/quote]

one of the guards or wing players............he went to Atascocita and was their QB as well!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="730430" timestamp="1260829716"]
It was Carrington, the other post player, the one with braids.

Both the twins and Reed are back. I saw Cleveland twice already this year. They have a very good starting 5, but the bench is very suspect. They are good, but not state tourney good in my opinion.
[/quote]

i saw them last year, and they were very solid, and very young.  if those players continue to mature, and they can find some help from the bench, then they could make a deep run.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="730382" timestamp="1260826770"]
[quote author=Karma link=topic=63793.msg730381#msg730381 date=1260826676]
Anyone know which of the players Cleveland lost to transfer last year?  They were my pick to make a run at state this year.
[/quote]

one of the guards or wing players............he went to Atascocita and was their QB as well!!!
[/quote]
the transfer was who they call "chaz", i think his name is earnest carrington, pretty sure he played the 4, good solid player and probably as important, that group had been together for awhile. they were fantastic in the 7th grade, totally blew my mind the first time i saw them play, i swear they could have hung with alot of varsity teams back then (not exaggerating). their "competition" has gotten [i]proportionally[/i] better through the years because these kids were so good (and BIG) back then, but these guys are still darn good. they lost chaz but picked up a transfer from splendora, a 6'4" "shooter" who is a threat from the perimeter. it doesn't seem they're having much trouble scoring.

alot can happen in the course of a season. theres the things that all programs deal with, grades, injuries, coaching, personalities, all of which i have no insight on, but as far as raw talent there is definitely some lightning in a bottle in C-town.

Guest baseball25
There pretty good there not as deep as silsbee but athletic wise there about the same and cleveland shoots the ball better there post guy isn't bad he just isn't in that great of shape there just as better asd last year but there not a discpline team so that's why I feel hj would beat them silsbee should beat them but silsbee can get undiscpline at times

Guest stevenash
[quote name="swagg" post="730656" timestamp="1260882313"]
Cleveland will be in the Huntsville 3a Regional Tournament. This is their year. Its no way Sisbee and Hj makes it for a 4th str8 year! Its not happening...
[/quote] ;D

Pay attention to this prediction.  We all know how accurate this one has been.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="swagg" post="730668" timestamp="1260885342"]
Write it down, take a picture, pay attention to it. I don't care what you do with it. But u can bet your bottom dollar Cleveland will be 1 of the teams there!!!
[/quote]

Yes, and they will Rick James several teams to get there and will be like sprinkles on ice cream.  Go Cleveland.

Guest baseball25
I have seen silsbee hj and cleveland play and I believe its silsbee hj and cleveland in that order. Cleveland has to be more discpline to beat hj they match up well with silsbee starting five but there not as deep as silsbee

Do you even kno about the late great Rick James? Personally I think its a toss up between Cleveland and Silsbee. Depends on which big man stays out of foul trouble. Both of these teams are way too big for HJ. HJ struggled with Devin, and Roman. These teams will keep bigs and more athletic guys on the floor. So its Clevland/Silsbee them HJ. Time will tell!!

Guest baseball25
and Hj beat Kountze twice, Devin is way more athletic than cleveland's post and silsbee post guys, Hj's post would handle cleveland's post and would bang with him and frustrate him.  Silsbee has way more depth than cleveland, silsbee can throw 10 guys out there  just like there starting 5 cleveland can't!!!!

[quote name="swagg" post="730789" timestamp="1260898365"]
Clevland will knock Hj out in the 2nd round. Clevland has virtually the same team and Hj lost the best player in all of 3a last year.(Jarvis Benard) Clevland will play Sislbee Sat morning for the right to go to state. "plz believe me"
[/quote]

You are already wrong on one of your predictions. The final is not played on Saturday morning. It's played on Saturday evening.

Also, Cleveland is not virtually the same team. They lost Carrington which is a significant loss for that team.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="swagg" post="730842" timestamp="1260902393"]
Okay Hj loss Benard and replaced him with shooter. You right that makes Hj better by losing their all time Leading scorer and back to back district Mvp's. Carrington is no 3a player of the year.
[/quote]

Who wins in a game between Kountze and Cleveland?

Okay Hj loss Benard and replaced him with shooter. You right that makes Hj better by losing their all time Leading scorer and back to back district Mvp's. Carrington is no 3a player of the year.
[/quote]

I wasn't disputing HJ's losses. You said Cleveland was virtually the same team and I disagree with that. Carrington was a significant loss to them.

I will agree that HJ lost more than Cleveland, but that doesn't mean Cleveland is the same team.

Guest baseball25
It would be a good but cleveland would win I think they have the better shooters and athletes but like I said earlier there discpline is bad they do some dumb stuff

[/quote]

Bernard was not back to back district MVP.  Wake up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder