More HJ bias!!!!

Lazeek

I thought that Sabine was better than Pleasant Grove which was evident with their 15 point win over PG. Pleasant Grove did not impress me at all and I don't care if they are playing their first week of basketball. They do not defend very well and do not shoot the ball well at all. They are WAY OVERATED!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bc55fan" post="730210" timestamp="1260815321"]
Its simple....

HJ aint the best in the state.  Period end of discussion.  Just because you win doesnt make you the BEST team in the state.

They are good....but not the BEST. 

"IF your not first.....your LAST" Ricky Bobby
[/quote]

you may very well be right, but this thread is about being the best in the area.  that being said, i still say it's a tossup between silsbee and hj until they play.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="730153" timestamp="1260811416"]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=63762.msg730149#msg730149 date=1260811232]
I'm just saying don't gripe when you are not playing as tough of a schedule as some.  Not trying to take away from your Kountze win but they had to work harder to get there than going through those teams that you beat.  No excuse for our loss and you don't hear me complaining either.
[/quote]

How many games did you see at the HJ tourney???  NONE, so how do you know who had the easier route??  Oh by name recognition I guess!!!  Other than Bullard who did Kountze beat???  Oh and HJ beat them also!!!!  The only other name team they beat was Sabine and were not any better than Pleasant Grove!!!  The host team usually does make it a litle easier...........I am sure that OF did the same in their tourney.  Very similar to EC........they put HJ and New Waverly on the same side of the bracket......makes it where EC has a shot at making it to the finals!!!
[/quote]

Apply this logic to the BH thread..........

When you host a tourney you would like for the host team to have a chance to reach the finals.......therefore.....you don't put the better teams on your side of the Bracket...........

I understand it ticks people off, but look at any bracket from any tourney and you get the same feeling.

Now bracket play to determine seeding for a bracket is what I like, but then again......you can control where teams could end up on the bracket as well.

just my 2 cents ;D

they haven't played head to head, and silsbee has the harder schedule. 

15-1 record for HJ, 9-2 for Silsbee against a bit better competition.  it's really just a matter of opinion right now, and since i don't have anything to do with the rankings on here, i can respect an opinion that has them 1 and 2, respectively, regardless of their order. 

[quote name="bullets13" post="730363" timestamp="1260825668"]
they haven't played head to head, and silsbee has the harder schedule. 

15-1 record for HJ, 9-2 for Silsbee against a bit better competition.  it's really just a matter of opinion right now, and since i don't have anything to do with the rankings on here, i can respect an opinion that has them 1 and 2, respectively, regardless of their order. 
[/quote]

I can assure you that the TABC does not take into consideration of who they played!!!!!!!!  It is done on reputation and record alone!!!

[font=Courier]So this week, TABC polls are legit? The same pole that had Ozen ranked, and the same poll that has Legacy ranked??? Some schools ranked now have no business in the poll what so ever.

Nothing is perfect. Everyone wants it their way or no way at all.

We can what if all day long. Harker Heights lost to Westbury Christian by 2 points on Friday and should have beat them. Westbury Christian has 2 DI players (not JUCO guys) and is one of the better teams in the state of Texas. Silsbee then hammered Harker Heights on Saturday.

Ozen beat West Brook, then lost to WO-S, then beat WO-S but lost to PA Memorial and they lost to Silsbee. What if.....

H-J lost to Central who lost to West Brook and lost to Harker Heights. What if...

[/font]

Doesn't matter.  It is clear if hoopinsider cooper has a chance to rank someone ahead of HJ he is going to do it.  I mean HJ beats Kountze at Kountze and they are ahead of HJ at one point.  These polls make no difference anyway so don't get bent out of shape over it.

[font=Courier]What if....what if....

Silsbee lost to West Brook over the weekend, a 5A school. West Brook beat Central, twice. Central beat H-J (without their football players since that is "so important" these days). Silsbee beat Central. What if...

What if Rush Limbaugh decided not to go to Puerto Rico and buys mounds of pain pills and a sex stimulants while chasing maids as he ripped people on the radio...

What if Mike Deane would have stayed at Lamar...

What if Jason Throop stayed at Hardin-Jefferson...

What if Stevie Jackson would have stayed at PA Lincoln...

What if Kendrick Perkins would have played 4 years at Memphis alonsige Derek Rose...

What if Tiger Woods would have stayed faithful...

What if George Butler got along with Mike Newell and didn't leave Lamar for Georgetown...

What if Thaddeus Holden would have stayed at Lamar and not left for Tennessee...

What if Leonard Drake was still the Lamar Lady Cards' coach...

What if Memorial Stadium in PA gets fieldturf...

What if Hardin-Jefferson played in the YMBL Tourney...

What is Silsbee played in the Orangefield tourney...

What if Hulk Hogan never body-slammed Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania?
[/font]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="730394" timestamp="1260827409"]
[font=Courier]What if....what if....

Silsbee lost to West Brook over the weekend, a 5A school. West Brook beat Central, twice. Central beat H-J (without their football players since that is "so important" these days). Silsbee beat Central. What if...

What if Rush Limbaugh decided not to go to Puerto Rico and buys mounds of pain pills and a sex stimulants while chasing maids as he ripped people on the radio...

What if Mike Deane would have stayed at Lamar...

What if Jason Throop stayed at Hardin-Jefferson...

What if Stevie Jackson would have stayed at PA Lincoln...

What if Kendrick Perkins would have played 4 years at Memphis alonsige Derek Rose...

What if Tiger Woods would have stayed faithful...

What if George Butler got along with Mike Newell and didn't leave Lamar for Georgetown...

What if Thaddeus Holden would have stayed at Lamar and not left for Tennessee...

What if Leonard Drake was still the Lamar Lady Cards' coach...

What if Memorial Stadium in PA gets fieldturf...

What if Hardin-Jefferson played in the YMBL Tourney...

What is Silsbee played in the Orangefield tourney...

What if Hulk Hogan never body-slammed Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania?
[/font]

[/quote]

I have to admit that is funny!!!!!

i reiterate that personally, as a hawk fan and alum, i have no problem with the poll.  HJ's proven they should be above Kountze, and they are.  Between HJ and Silsbee, it's a tossup at this point.  Your opinion is that Silsbee is better, and I certainly can't argue it one way or another.  One of them has to be #1, one has to be #2, so until they play this is fair (unless Silsbee takes a bad loss or something)

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="730408" timestamp="1260828199"]
[font=Courier]Ok...that's enough....we wont be crossing any lines.[/font]
[/quote]

What if............well nevermind............I might "cross the line."  Because he never does!!!  What a joke this is!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami