HOW STRONG IS SOUTHEAST TEXAS FOOTBALL???

whsalum

At the halfway point of the season how strong is Southeast Texas football this year?Are the teams really equal or just very inconsistant?Any deep playoff runs from our corner this year?Overall I think we are down this year,WOS seems to be strong again and will make a run in 3-a,E/C looks good in 2-a.Newton has lost some but playing a tough schedule,Deweyville looks good but will get their first test next week.The big schools aren't going far outside this area.Whats yalls opinion on everyone else?

This seems to be playing out as a below average year for Southeast Texas football. There are fewer strong teams but each district looks like a dogfight all the way to week 10. WOS, E-C, and Deweyville seem to be the class of the area so far. I am sure there will be a few surprises along the way. That is why we show up every Friday night!!! :D

I think its way to early to really judge strength/weaknesses. 2nd half of the season seems to be when the teams really get hungry for district and give it their all on the playing field. I think upsets, likde Vidor beatin Nederland, only makes our teams stronger......gives the winning team a lot more motivation and the losing team to rethink and correct mistakes to make them stronger. I was glad to see Vidor pull off an upset....I think they have been "underrated" for way to long. Nederland, always has my respect, they can be explosive at any moment. Watching the PNG game last night, I was really impressed with our new QB and I know PNG has a lot of quickness and is definitely in the hunt for a district title this year. All in all............no matter what.......I think the BEST teams in Texas are right here in southeast Texas....in my eyes, we're always winners!

Scalp 'em NDN's!

Vfootball, This didn't have anything to do with Vidor,I was just asking opinions on overall power of SE TEXAS teams.I just don't see our area this year as being real strong.Very competetive yes but after WOS and Newton I think we get pretty average in a hurry.Hope I'M wrong I would love to see some of these teams go deep in the playoffs.

Guest bleed orange

There are going to years when the southeast texas is not as strong. Its is like that in every sport. I said this on a post at the begining of the year. I believe the districts have more balance this year but that does not mean success in the playoff's. To me WOS and Newton have the best chance to go far in the playoffs, but that does not mean that some of these other teams won't. They may finally start clicking at the right time. East Chambers does have a good football team but until they get over that hump of losing in the first or second round its hard to say they will go far. No matter what happens this year, some of the best high school sports is played right here in southeast Texas. Every year we send someone close or even to state in atleast one sporting event. Last year was a banner year for Southeast Texas, there will be more I promise.

I agree, the are seems to be down. 4A and 3A are really down. I think the only undefeated teams are WOS and BH. Of those two I think WOS is the only team to go pat 2 deep in the playoffs. If they match up with Giddings or Cuero that's as far as they go. If BH draws Dayton or Nederland in the first round, that might be as far as they go.

Guest Kelly Football

That's the same Giddings team as last year. They can't pass the ball at all and WOS defense is much better than last year. Alot of district left though.

So I like how when the teams that are mentioned to be strong, West Brook is no where to be found.... I also like when the mentioning of deep playoff run, West Brook is no where to be found.... You guys are right... WB definatley isnt one of( OR THE!!!) strongest team in SETX... I mean, they are only ranked 28th in 5A... but thats not saying much right... its just 5A.... Kudos to our football intellect... maybe we should be thinking about how strong or weak IT is.............. 8)

I agree' date=' the are seems to be down. 4A and 3A are really down. I think the only undefeated teams are WOS and BH. Of those two I think WOS is the only team to go pat 2 deep in the playoffs. If they match up with Giddings or Cuero that's as far as they go. If BH draws Dayton or Nederland in the first round, that might be as far as they go.[/quote']

Dont forget, we stomped a mud hole in the same Giddings team last year. :wink:

So I like how when the teams that are mentioned to be strong' date=' West Brook is no where to be found.... I also like when the mentioning of deep playoff run, West Brook is no where to be found.... You guys are right... WB definatley isnt one of( OR THE!!!) strongest team in SETX... I mean, they are only ranked 28th in 5A... but thats not saying much right... its just 5A.... Kudos to our football intellect... maybe we should be thinking about how strong or weak IT is.............. 8)[/quote']

as far as this site goes, i don't think anyone has anything against west brook. they are ranked #1 in southeast texas according to this site. i think they don't get the attention that the other districts get is because there just aren't many 5A teams in this area like there used to be. i think west brook is an excellent team and may soon be back in the top 10 in the 5A state rankings. a lot of people have moved out of this area. for example look at the teams now that used to be 5A. PN-G, Nederland, Vidor, Central, West Orange-Stark. now there are only 2 5A teams in this area West Brook and Port Arthur Memorial, when there used to be at least several. it may not seem like it, but i think there are still a lot of fans in this area that respect West Brook.

Jsmity, I certainly didn't mean to slight WB.I just don't see them going deep in the 5-A playoffs.They probably are the strongest team in SE Texas,hence my question .How strong is SE Texas football?The Brook got it handed to em 2 weeks ago against a 5-A club in Houston.I just happen to think overall this years clubs are down overall,not to say they aren't some really good teams in several classifications.Heck I love to watch em,I wish they could all play in a title game.I may not be an Einstein when it comes to football intellect but I can recognize a really good team when I see one.Depending on how the playoff pairings fall out I see WOS and Newton with the potential to go deep.E/C or Deweyville could go a couple rounds deep depending on the draw.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder