Tired of mediocrity...

Lazeek You need to read the definition of professional. It is some that gets payed for a job. It does not state the amount. So if you take the money get ready for all that comes with it, good and bad. Whsalum maybe if more refs concerned themself professionals they would make more effort to do a good job. Like I have said , most ARE doing a good job but for the ones that are not someone should watch these games and point out what they have done right and wrong, they maybe they can get it right the next time.  Never have I said that they were making bad calls on purpose. It is just maybe that they don't know the exact rule.

I would not consider our local officials "professional referees" because this is not their sole source of income. This a part time thing.

Now I do consider them to do a 'professional" job in which I believe for the most part, it is done. Refs have bad games, but the bottom line is they are out there doing their best and nobody can make every call correct, it's just humanly impossible.

If you get payed for a job you are a Professional. Part time or not. And for the most part they do, do a good job. But this weekend I watch a few make ruling call that were wrong, not judgement. I just wonted to know if anyone told them that they made the wrong call. I know that on a judgement call that everone will not see it the same. But on a rule there is just one call to make. Not meaning to put anyone down just wont to see them get it right when dist. play starts. These early games should be used for the refs to get ready for dist. play just like for the players.

I am confused.......is the thread about mediocre refs or mediocre OF coaching??? ;D ;D ;D

Coach Rey does a great job over there and if anyone is complaining it is likely because their kid is riding the pine for the Bobcats.  If it is about the refs then just get over it........it is high school hoops and you play with the refs that are sent.........score more points and move on to the next game.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="725219" timestamp="1260133909"]
It seems like there are fewer refs around here than a few years ago and those that are left are doing a serious amount of games...anyone verify?
[/quote]
Well let me explain that to you in three little letters [b]UIL[/b].

The local chapter plit up and part of the guys stayed with TASO and the other part went with the UIL! Depending on if your coach chose to use UIL officials or TASO officials depends on which half of the refs you are seeing.

See in our 3a district everyone is supporting TASO except one school! That one school went with the UIL officials, sure the coach had his reason!

But back to the subject Bucof2010 that is why you are seeing fewer refs, because some of them went to a new chapter that your coach does not use or they stayed with the old chapter that your coach does not use.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="725032" timestamp="1260118229"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=63421.msg724965#msg724965 date=1260111392]
Ref are human and they do make misstakes, but they also are grown men getting payed to do a job. With that being said if in the real world  you do a bad job at something and make that many mistakes, and you are getting payed  that will be a short job.  I just hate to see bad calls that can change a game one way or the other. JMO the best ref. is the one that when the game is over you cant even remember who he was
[/quote]
Good post, the ref's are human, however, job performance should come into play. The last couple years the good ref's are few and far between.
[/quote]

And I'm sure the refs are few and far between because of the verbal abuse they have to take every game.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="725641" timestamp="1260200516"]
The losing team always thinks they got hosed on the calls....If thats why you think you lost than you will never get any better...You have to adjust to however the refs are calling...HJ does this very well, I didnt bring HJ into this thread you did...it is amazing how childish you sound when you say it.
[/quote]Good point! You have to adjust to ref's calls and use them to your advantage.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="utfan06" post="725933" timestamp="1260225518"]
There were bad calls both ways in the orangefield/Kountze game..... Refs didnt give either team the advantage.
[/quote]

This thread was not started because of HJ, Kountze or the refs. Why do people read more into a text than is actually there? The poster who started this is frustrated with Orangefield basketball plain and simple.  I also think that Orangefield has gotten better and is a worthy opponent in basketball. Years ago we were a easy win.  Not anymore which speaks volume about our little dribbler program but I do think the expectations are a little high. Nothing wrong with that. ;D

LOL!!!  My son was talking about all of the bad calls in a game this weekend that i had to miss.. His JV team had lost.. As i questioned him he brought up the fact that his team had missed about 20 layups and put backs under the boards..... He thought for a minute and said " but they still made bad calls!!"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami