Yates rolls again....148-49 over Kashmere

I really believe that Yates could be the best team in the country this year but I think the reason for these much lopsided scores has something to do with the other teams not being all that good and Wise just simply pouring it on.

Wise seems to be coaching with a chip on his shoulder.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="721413" timestamp="1259677850"]
Some of you guys have to get out of southeast texas to see some real basketball and the players who play this game. ::)
[/quote]
Been all over the country ACC basketball, I've seen a plenty. I 'm sure not as much as H.F. people. lol

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="721440" timestamp="1259680024"]
I really believe that Yates could be the best team in the country this year but I think the reason for these much lopsided scores has something to do with the other teams not being all that good and Wise just simply pouring it on.

[/quote]I don't know.  All houston teams seem to be pretty good.  This team may be the real deal.  

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="721486" timestamp="1259681680"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63185.msg721440#msg721440 date=1259680024]

[/quote]I don't know.  All houston teams seem to be pretty good.  This team may be the real deal.  
[/quote]

Trust me, Kashmere and Sam Houston are not that great this year. Silsbee could play with those guys, probably beat them.

You'll see much closer games when Yates takes on the better teams in tournament play. Of course, when I mean closer games, I mean Yates will only win by 30, not 80. ;D

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="721456" timestamp="1259680747"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=63185.msg721413#msg721413 date=1259677850]
Some of you guys have to get out of southeast texas to see some real basketball and the players who play this game. ::)
[/quote]
Been all over the country ACC basketball, I've seen a plenty. I 'm sure not as much as H.F. people. lol
[/quote]I'm not talking about on Direct-tv  ::) ::)

I know that Sam Houston isn't that good. Pinkston went down there and played them and won 73-44. While that's not a 92 point win like Yates had, Pinkston is likely going to be the 5th place team in 11-4A, possibly 4th if everything goes right for them. Yates is the best team in 4A, really in the state, but what they're doing is uncalled for.

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="721609" timestamp="1259690570"]
[b]Yates will get their test when they head to the prestigous Iolani Classic in Hawaii. Here is the link to the tournament http://www.iolaniclassic.hawaiihoops.com/. They will also play in the T-Mobile Invitational in Birmingham Alabama[/b]
[/quote]This is the reason for the big scores, He's make a statement for tournaments.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="721751" timestamp="1259703014"]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=63185.msg721609#msg721609 date=1259690570]
[b]Yates will get their test when they head to the prestigous Iolani Classic in Hawaii. Here is the link to the tournament http://www.iolaniclassic.hawaiihoops.com/. They will also play in the T-Mobile Invitational in Birmingham Alabama[/b]
[/quote]This is the reason for the big scores, He's make a statement for tournaments.
[/quote]

I don't care why he is doing it.  It's just wrong.  I would think that when the lead gets to 40 or 50, he could insist on 6 or 8 passes before a shot is taken.   

[quote name="westend1" post="721774" timestamp="1259704945"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=63185.msg721751#msg721751 date=1259703014]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=63185.msg721609#msg721609 date=1259690570]
[/quote]

I don't care why he is doing it.  It's just wrong.   I would think that when the lead gets to 40 or 50, he could insist on 6 or 8 passes before a shot is taken.    
[/quote]tOTALLY! Totally! Totally! disagree with your statement.  Thats playing down to the competition and not using your God given talent  to the fullest. You can't hold back a team or kid's talent because they happen to run into a team that is weaker. You can get away with this (sometimes) in football. You have to keep a certain competitive edge because you're going to have to play or meet a superior or equal opponent. It's just hard to try and play down and then have to play hard against better opponents.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="721790" timestamp="1259707612"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=63185.msg721774#msg721774 date=1259704945]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=63185.msg721751#msg721751 date=1259703014]
[/quote]

I don't care why he is doing it.  It's just wrong.   I would think that when the lead gets to 40 or 50, he could insist on 6 or 8 passes before a shot is taken.    
[/quote]tOTALLY! Totally! Totally! disagree with your statement.  Thats playing down to the competition and not using your God given talent  to the fullest. You can't hold back a team or kid's talent because they happen to run into a team that is weaker. You can get away with this (sometimes) in football. You have to keep a certain competitive edge because you're going to have to play or meet a superior or equal opponent. It's just hard to try and play down and then have to play hard against better opponents.
[/quote] Blue they could play the back up,when they get a 30 point lead.What is wrong with you BLUE. ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83