Dayton vs. Brenham Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="7mary3" post="723433" timestamp="1259930297"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=63088.msg723432#msg723432 date=1259930005]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=63088.msg723428#msg723428 date=1259929600]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63088.msg723380#msg723380 date=1259902837]
20-17. Brenham, late fg.
[/quote]
[b]How good is your field goal kicker...[/b]
Carranco has connected on a 40 yard plus field goal this year.

It might just very well come down to a lot of field goals, if think it will be hard to punch the ball in on both defenses inside the redzone.

Can't wait till tomorrow night!!!
Talk about having layers and layers of clothes on, it will be cold, looks like game time temperatures will be in the 30's and there will probably be a pretty good north / northeast wind blowing.
[/quote]

He's good.. hit a 39 yarder in the PNG game with alot of yards to spare.
[/quote]

he has plenty of leg....but he kicks from the wrong side of the ball... ;D
[/quote]
Their QB is lefthanded too. Guess that means #32 will be coming in quietly from the blind side.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="7mary3" post="723433" timestamp="1259930297"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=63088.msg723432#msg723432 date=1259930005]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=63088.msg723428#msg723428 date=1259929600]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63088.msg723380#msg723380 date=1259902837]
20-17. Brenham, late fg.
[/quote]
[b]How good is your field goal kicker...[/b]
Carranco has connected on a 40 yard plus field goal this year.

It might just very well come down to a lot of field goals, if think it will be hard to punch the ball in on both defenses inside the redzone.

Can't wait till tomorrow night!!!
Talk about having layers and layers of clothes on, it will be cold, looks like game time temperatures will be in the 30's and there will probably be a pretty good north / northeast wind blowing.
[/quote]

He's good.. hit a 39 yarder in the PNG game with alot of yards to spare.
[/quote]

he has plenty of leg....but he kicks from the wrong side of the ball... ;D
[/quote]

BS - :)  I'm almost rooting for Brenham because they've got players who do things with the correct hand ;)

[quote name="jayhawk" post="722751" timestamp="1259830873"]
[quote author=sswildcatrunner06 link=topic=63088.msg722701#msg722701 date=1259814362]
LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!! One more SS fan rootin for ya!
[/quote] Back to ya SS brothers ! Looks like both SS & Dayton are in for a tough match this next go around . What message boards do your fans usually post on ?
[/quote]

www.smoaky.com

Chron.podcast says a great game.Dial picks Dayton 28-21-Vital picks Brenham 24-21-Kahn back n forth speaking then picks Brenham 31-30.Personally I don't see Brenham scoring 4 or 5 times on the Dayton defense.Sticking w/17-14 Dayton my pick.Defense is playing tuffer every game and bet there will not be a headset problem in this game.

This is some weird stuff the Chron.throws out there.Let's look:A few weeks back Angleton struggles w/Rosenburg Terry in Bi-dist.10-2 Wilcats get 12 1st.dwns.Now in gm.#7 El Campo pounds Rosenburg Terry 28-6 w/20 1st dwns.My point;Angleton was not so good after all so why all of a sudden Brenham is the top pick?In 5A Brazoswood is still kicking rears-beat Friendswood(still playing) beat El Campo by 3 (27-24).Dayton Defense has not allowed but 33 points over the last 6 games and Sam Kahn throws out a 31 point total for the Cubs. ;D ;D ;DIf the Broncos Bring It their will be alot of Crow eating Sunday.Broncos were near the goaline vs.Ricebirds w/1st dwn.and Chose not to run up the score.So much for squeeking by w/560 yds.of offense.

[quote name="liltex" post="723675" timestamp="1259954679"]
This is some weird stuff the Chron.throws out there.Let's look:A few weeks back Angleton struggles w/Rosenburg Terry in Bi-dist.10-2 Wilcats get 12 1st.dwns.Now in gm.#7 El Campo pounds Rosenburg Terry 28-6 w/20 1st dwns.My point;Angleton was not so good after all so why all of a sudden Brenham is the top pick?In 5A Brazoswood is still kicking rears-beat Friendswood(still playing) beat El Campo by 3 (27-24).Dayton Defense has not allowed but 33 points over the last 6 games and Sam Kahn throws out a 31 point total for the Cubs. ;D ;D ;DIf the Broncos Bring It their will be alot of Crow eating Sunday.Broncos were near the goaline vs.Ricebirds w/1st dwn.and Chose not to run up the score.So much for squeeking by w/560 yds.of offense.
[/quote]

LoL i'm glad their picking Brenham to win state, we never get credit.. i believe our secondary can match up with their so called pass game (jump balls and wheel routes).. Also in the El Campo game, we had a chance to kick two or three field goals inside the redzone in the first half..

[quote name="liltex" post="723675" timestamp="1259954679"]
[/quote]

That was a week after Diggs got hurt and he wasn't 100% and it showed.  He was pretty healthy when we beat them.  Angleton also beat Brazoswood , the team you said is "kicking rears", by 20.  Jerry Stewart himself said, "They're like Friendswood, but with more speed.  Friendswood has a balanced offense too, they just can't run with Brenham".  If I remember correctly Friendswood beat Dayton.  I just thought I would point that out since you pointed out those other things and the Waller loss.  Like they say, it's played on the field, not on paper.  Man, I can't wait for this one.  It should be one for the ages.

[quote name="Dayton 2004" post="723691" timestamp="1259956196"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=63088.msg723675#msg723675 date=1259954679]
[/quote]

LoL i'm glad their picking Brenham to win state, we never get credit.. i believe our secondary can match up with their so called pass game (jump balls and wheel routes).. Also in the El Campo game, we had a chance to kick two or three field goals inside the redzone in the first half..
[/quote]

I've heard Denison in the title convo all year as the favorite, untill the playoffs where I heard Angleton and Aledo.

Was making referance to how the Chron.makes excuses for their favorites.I don't care what they say.In week #10 if you're the top pick to win it all and you struggle agaist a Rosenburg team then you have to believe there is a weakness exposed.When you get to the playoffs the better teams step it up a notch.Every year for the past 3 years they pick against Dayton 46-7 over that period w/ every loss against a ranked team.Nobody defensivley has outplayed the Broncos over 6 games.

[quote name="rollinac" post="722421" timestamp="1259787282"]
Well lookie there if it aint a blast from the past....how's yo mamma doin?  Looking forward to re-kindling that thread....now that was a fun week!!
[/quote]
She's doing ok. All that celebrating from that butt kick'n we gave ya'll last year put her down pretty bad.  Luckily, she said she's about 2 weeks away from another party.  ;) 

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="723760" timestamp="1259961296"]
You can't go by the Chronicle, those goobers actually believe in the Texans.......jeesh!
[/quote]

Maybe some of the Texans should attend the game Saturday.  They might be able to learn something from these 2 teams.  After all, both teams are playoff bound every year and both make deep runs.  Thats more than I can say for the Texans.  They have trouble even making the playoffs or even keeping a large lead for that matter...  Just a thought...  ??? ;)

To be precise the Chron.feeds info to all the pollsters/magazines for this area.On a 1 hr.playoff talk show they talk Katy for 45 min.But hey what has the 4A Houston teams ever done lately.Drop like a rock by round #2.Already they're panicing as 1 by 1 going bye bye.Setx teams always have to prove their season.The metro teams get the props every year because it's Darn good marketing.Example;What reporters are covering or broadcasting this great match-up @ Rhodes??

[quote name="liltex" post="723782" timestamp="1259962659"]
To be precise the Chron.feeds info to all the pollsters/magazines for this area.On a 1 hr.playoff talk show they talk Katy for 45 min.But hey what has the 4A Houston teams ever done lately.Drop like a rock by round #2.Already they're panicing as 1 by 1 going bye bye.Setx teams always have to prove their season.The metro teams get the props every year because it's Darn good marketing.Example;What reporters are covering or broadcasting this great match-up @ Rhodes??
[/quote]

Ya I understand that...It's just a shame that it happens.  They miss alot of great football because of it.  Katy deserves the coverage they get, but ther teams around that area...what have they done?

[quote name="WildcatsRule" post="723768" timestamp="1259961877"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63088.msg722421#msg722421 date=1259787282]
Well lookie there if it aint a blast from the past....how's yo mamma doin?  Looking forward to re-kindling that thread....now that was a fun week!!
[/quote]
She's doing ok. All that celebrating from that butt kick'n we gave ya'll last year put her down pretty bad.  Luckily, she said she's about 2 weeks away from another party.   ;) 
[/quote]

Tell her I've got the cocktails ready....so the final 4 are all still in it....we're playing the same team in the same stadium as last year....and it's snowing in December again....is it groundhog day???

That was a week after Diggs got hurt and he wasn't 100% and it showed.  He was pretty healthy when we beat them.  Angleton also beat Brazoswood , the team you said is "kicking rears", by 20.  Jerry Stewart himself said, "They're like Friendswood, but with more speed.  Friendswood has a balanced offense too, they just can't run with Brenham".  If I remember correctly Friendswood beat Dayton.  I just thought I would point that out since you pointed out those other things and the Waller loss.  Like they say, it's played on the field, not on paper.  Man, I can't wait for this one.  It should be one for the ages.
[/quote]

Yeah you can say Brenham is pretty much like Friendswood.. and yeah FW did beat dayton but it was early in the season, we were still trying to find our identity.. but just like every year, Coach Stewart always puts his players in the right position to be successful in the long run.. I mean there's no excuses but i guarantee the way we're playing right now, Crosby or FW would wanna see us..

OMG, now hear this, it doesn't matter who beat who when and where, and whose jock was out of whack at what time. It only matters who wins on Saturday. And if anyone directly involved is making any plans based on anything that happened ten weeks ago, they need to turn in their resignation ASAP. Brenham is not Friendswood. And Dayton is not Waller. Come 6 PM Saturday Night, The Dayton Broncos and the Brenham Cubs are going to take the field, and may the best team win. That's it, plain and simple. And all this who shot Joe crap is going to mean nothing.

Best of luck to both team, But I am going to be there representing my district, in hopes the best team from out district this year, will advance to the next bracket. And if they don't so be it, and all that's left is for me to root for the best of region three to win it all. Save some energy for the actual game, and don't blow it on the school yard......

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="723852" timestamp="1259969078"]
OMG, now hear this, it doesn't matter who beat who when and where, and whose jock was out of whack at what time. It only matters who wins on Saturday. And if anyone directly involved is making any plans based on anything that happened ten weeks ago, they need to turn in their resignation ASAP. Brenham is not Friendswood. And Dayton is not Waller. Come 6 PM Saturday Night, The Dayton Broncos and the Brenham Cubs are going to take the field, and may the best team win. That's it, plain and simple. And all this who shot Joe crap is going to mean nothing.

Best of luck to both team, But I am going to be there representing my district, in hopes the best team from out district this year, will advance to the next bracket. And if they don't so be it, and all that's left is for me to root for the best of region three to win it all. Save some energy for the actual game, and don't blow it on the school yard......
[/quote]

I just farted....

[quote name="7mary3" post="723854" timestamp="1259969284"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=63088.msg723852#msg723852 date=1259969078]

[/quote]

I just farted....
[/quote]

[quote name="7mary3" post="723854" timestamp="1259969284"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=63088.msg723852#msg723852 date=1259969078]

[/quote]

I just farted....
[/quote] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder