Texas Tech wins 77-54

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
LU was down by 10 at the half.  Harper had a decent game and Nabors almost had a double-double, but Miles and Harris didn't shoot well, plus the team shot poorly from the foul line again.

Guest coachacola
Stanford Brown finally scored some points and he's been consistently getting over 10 minutes a game.  He'll keep improving.  Harris still hasn't found his shooting touch, but he will once he gets used to D1 competition.

Any word on when Hall will be back?  Once he's back in the starting lineup the team will be better and deeper.  I think this season will be like the 2007-2008 season, where they start off slow then throw together a lot of conference wins.

Guest coachacola
Donte Lopez is also on the LU football team:

[quote]Lamar added freshman Donte Lopez to the roster prior to the season-opener against Huston-Tillotson. Lopez recently completed his first fall with the LU football team. The 5-foot-9, 180-pound guard played both sports at Weat Brook HS in Beaumont. He was a three-year letterwinner in hoops and a two-year starter at point guard for the Bruins. He was named the District 21-5A Offensive Player of the year as a senior after he averaged 16 points per game. He also picked up second team Super Gold honors from the Beaumont Enterprise and was a finalist for the James Gamble Mr. Outside Award in 2009. [/quote]

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111809aaa.html

Guest coachacola
[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="716251" timestamp="1258999342"]
[font=Courier]Doubt Hall will see anytime on the court this year. Injury.[/font]
[/quote]

Initially I heard he'd be out for 2-3 weeks but it sounds like it's a lot worse.  Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like since Coach Roc took over this team has several injuries a year.  Barrow had several major injuries, last year almost everybody was injured at one point or another (Dawskins played with a broken foot), both Nabors and Nwevo missed last year, Hall and Harper were in car accidents (can't blame Roc on those), now Hall is injured again.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="716460" timestamp="1259016827"]
I love the way you guys stick up for the team, with all the excuses and all. :D
[/quote]

We wouldn't be true fans if we didn't!  ;D

[quote name="coachacola" post="716471" timestamp="1259017770"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=62804.msg716460#msg716460 date=1259016827]
I love the way you guys stick up for the team, with all the excuses and all. :D
[/quote]

We wouldn't be true fans if we didn't!   ;D
[/quote]Actually I'd get bored if you guys didn't take up for them. Gives me a reason to rebuttal you guys, even though I wonder if you really believe what you are saying 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed