Angleton and Brenham

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="716174" timestamp="1258992890"]
Manvel swarmed the run, kept pressure on Diggs and beat Angleton pretty soundly, if you watch the tapes you can see it can be done. Angleton has a weak pass defense, it's secondary is questionable. Brenham has a good balanced offense and that QB can pick apart a weak secondary if he has blocking. Brenham has a great pass defense and a really defend the run well too. Ask PNG. If Angleton does execute just right Brenham will pull this one out. The Cubs are a very opportunistic team, and force a lot of turnovers. However if they can't keep pressure on Diggs it is going to be a long day.
[/quote]

Angleton has a good pass defense not one QB has had a field day on them through the air. And they have faced some good passing teams friendswood, dawson, la marque, dickinson, and sam carter from alief hastings, even the jones qb had threw for over 2000 yards during the season and only got 70 on saturday. This defense is just peaking. They've only given up more then 14 points 3 times. Even manvel only got 14 on the defense they had 1 special teams td and a fumble return for a td. The defense as a whole is very good.

The secret to Angleton's Defense lies in the D-line pressure. A short yardage passing scheme will keep the secondary chasing their tails. They are not great a man coverage and a zone canbe picked apart if the QB has time to choose his receiver. If Brenham line can protect Ty Schlottman they have half the war won. Brenham has a very good run defense, and if you think a 39.7 yards per game passing average isn't going to be easy to key on the run, well let's just wait and see. I take nothing from Diggs, he's a phenominal athlete, and gifted runner. But he's the leading rusher and him and Josey make up 75% of the offense. It's tough to figure out who's going to carry the ball isn't it. Like I said before, The Cubs are a very opportunistic team, and force a lot of turnovers. That will be key in this game, I am almost certain. Turnovers will be the difference for one team or another. Both teams have turnover ratios in the same ballpark, hard to compare since Diggs only has 18 completions all year and only 50 attempts. But time will tell.....

Well it seems like since Angleton and Brenham have tremendous skilled players on both sides of the ball, then this might also come down to who can control the line of scrimmage. Angleton's OL is very good with big kids pushing up front. I know everyone says if you key on Diggs, or key on Josey and slow them down, then you have a good chance of winning the game and every week they still score lots of points pounding the ball up the middle or sweeps and counters to either side. That is a testiment to the OL blocking up front. Now Angleton may meet up with a team that will force them to throw and it could be Brenham, but that remains to be seen. In any case, the line of scrimmage should be a battle to keep an eye out for in this game.

Brenham is good! Never seen Angelton. I hope the team the plays with class, sportsmanship and no show boating wins! Good luck to both and hope that it's an injusy free game.

This is not the NFL, just like Barry Sanders always replied when asked why he did not spike the ball after a touchdown "Act Like You've Been There Before", show some class. Way to many Ochocinco's in high school football today. I dont' blame the kids, I blame the parents first then the coaches for letting it happen!

Well it's kind of a given, that every game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage, I think both of these teams are pretty well matched there. It's going to take something extra to overcome. Angleton is favored on all the brackets, by the writers and scouts. But there is only five points difference in scored points/game in favor of Angleton (36 pts/gm), and eight points difference in points allowed/game in favor of Brenham (13 pts/gm), so it's a toss up looking at stats. I think the difference will come from smart play and heart. Ball control is going to be a must.

[b]School       Q1     Q2     Q3     Q4        Final
Angleton    11.6   9.0    10.0     6.8      36.5
Brenham    10.1   10.6    7.7     3.5      31.8[/b]

Angleton by a touchdown that's what the experts are saying

Everyday count, but only one night matters, and that's game night. This will be the game to watch.......

I got Angleton.  I've seen them last year, and I've seen Diggs in person.  I didnt' see this years edition of Brenham, but Ive seen them before.  When they had Jarret Lee.  I assume different players same plays.  I think Brenham do have the horses to stop Angleton's running game. But do they have the horses to stop it completly?  It will take one mess up for the kid phenom to break a long run.  Confidense dwindles after this.  Angleton by 13.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="716107" timestamp="1258988152"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=62780.msg715892#msg715892 date=1258938717]
Is anyone really impressed that Angleton won big against a team that didn't even know they were in the playoffs?
[/quote]

You are thinking about Friendswood's opponent Waltrip. Houston Jones actually won their district (albeit a weak district) with a 7-0 record.
[/quote]

Thanks for de-fogging my head.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="716623" timestamp="1259031855"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62780.msg716107#msg716107 date=1258988152]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=62780.msg715892#msg715892 date=1258938717]
Is anyone really impressed that Angleton won big against a team that didn't even know they were in the playoffs?
[/quote]

You are thinking about Friendswood's opponent Waltrip. Houston Jones actually won their district (albeit a weak district) with a 7-0 record.
[/quote]

Keep trying to convince yourself that no one else is any good.

Thanks for de-fogging my head.
[/quote]

Cubfan is right, Troy is good to go.  My friend works with his dad and talked to him about it.  He said the same thing and that our boys are excited and ready to play in a game of this caliber.  I've been waiting for this game all season.  This and a rematch against Dayton.  One game at a time though, and we have our hands full already.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83