Silsbee vs. Navasota/Navasota wins/Comments

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, and congratulations on an otherwise successful season Tigers and Tiger fans.  The Rattlers now have Gilmer (barring WW3) to worry about.  Not surprising though, Navasota has faced a state finalist or champion in the third round each of the last two years, and this year should not be any different.

[quote name="navscanmaster" post="714042" timestamp="1258780868"]
Great game, and congratulations on an otherwise successful season Tigers and Tiger fans.  The Rattlers now have Gilmer (barring WW3) to worry about.  Not surprising though, Navasota has faced a state finalist or champion in the third round each of the last two years, and this year should not be any different.
[/quote]It should yall get a bye almost every year in the first round.

Just got in from the game. Hats off to Navasota on a well deserved win. Both teams brought there A game on offense. In the first half very little if any defense. In the second half Silsbee's defense picked it up a notch and got two quick turnovers and scored on one of them, but Navasota came right back and matched it with a score of there own. Then Navasota got a TD and Silsbee came right back and scored. About the only difference in the game and a HUGE advantage to Navasota was that offensive line of theres. Good luck Navasota. Great job and great season Tigers. Gonna miss this senior bunch a lot of talent leaving this year. Oh well there's more moving up for next year. Go Tigers!!!

Final stats

Silsbee            Navasota

rushing                37/238                  42/293
passing                9-17-160              9-16-108
total                    54/398                  58/401
FD                          15                          21

I want to say how much I enjoyed having WOS coaches Coach T. Foreman and Coach Byerly in our broadcast booth last night. Got some great perspective from those two throughout the game and had a real nice chat with Toby at halftime. Just some awesome stuff!

Thanks guys and I'll be seeing you Toby in track season.

As for the game, I am still collecting my thoughts, will post later.

This was a case of two evenly matched teams with one just getting a break or two over the other. Both Silsbee and Navasota's offenses played well tonight, moving the ball extremely well pretty much all night. Both defenses had their moments but they were few and far between. Navasota was able to run the ball very well behind that massive offensive line. The smaller Tiger defenders just couldn't handle the bigen's up front.

Penalties were never an issue in this game. Both teams had long returns called back due to penalties. The weather never reared it's ugly head last night as the rain stayed away the entire game. Conditions were good.

Navasota had 3 turnovers while Silsbee had 2. Also, Silsbee was stopped twice on 4th down. One of the keys to this game was that Silsbee had to burn all three of their second half timeouts in the 3rd quarter, 2 of those in the first 3 minutes of the 3rd. They really needed them late in the 4th when Navasota was milking the clock down on that last possesion. But, the Tigers were unable to stop Navasota from picking up first downs and the Rattlers were able to run the clock out for the 1 point victory.

As for the missed extra points, that's just a tough, tough break. Some folks may think that Silsbee should have gone for two after that last TD, since they were struggling with the extra points. But with 6 minutes left in the game, I agree with the call to just kick for the tie. You had to think that the Tiger defense would arise to the occasion like they had the last 6 games, and come up with the needed stop. I do understand the other argument though.

Again, Navasota got the break they needed to get this victory, congrats to them. The Rattlers played very well.

To my Tigers, kudos to you guys for turning this season around and making it a successful one. You overcame a terrible start to the season and became district champs along with a Bi-District championship. To the seniors on this team, congrats on your season and career.

CONGRATS LAST NIGHT JEREMY....YOU DID WHAT U NEEDED TO DO NIGHT TO IMPRESS WHAT YOU HAD TO DO LAST NIGHT TO IMPRESS YOUR WEST VIRGINIA COACH THAT WAS THERE LAST NIGHT WATCHIN YOU....CONGRATS AND EVERYONE OF YOU YOUNG MEN KEEP UR HEAD UP CAUSE YA'LL HAD A GREAT SEASON....AND HATS OFF TO NAVASOTA  YA'LL HAD A HECK OF A GAME....

I thought I would share this from 3adlow:

Quote"TO ALL THE SILSBEE FANS AND POSTERS:

This was one of the most exciting games I have ever watched. Two superior offenses traded punches all night and the final score came down to a extra point battle.
The Silsbee team, offense and defense gave 100 percent on every play and I guarantee you that there are some physically worn out kids this morning. They wre tough, fast, and determined all night. My hat is off to your team and I will repeat that this game came down to the little things because it was a matchup of two teams that are pretty equal athletically. A break here or there and this could have easily been a reversed score.

Beyond that, I want to congratulate the Silsbee coaching staff and kids on thier preparation and play and thier sportsmanship. I watched kids help each other up after tough hits and pat each other on the back after tackles all night. After the game ended, I watched Silsbee kids taking time to hug and talk with Rattler players on the field and in the handshake line. PURE CLASS!!!

The most touching thing I saw was your QB totally exhaused and disappointed, lying on the field near the 20 yard line and a Navasota player going to him and kneeling beside him and patting him on the shoulder and back and telling him he played a great game. PURE CLASS on both sides.

I guarantee you that Navasota may get beat in this years playoffs but they will not play a team that has anymore determination and desire than what we saw from Silsbee last night. COngratulations on a great year and you will be back. ""

Congratulations Tigers on a great season. It really makes me proud as a fan to hear comments like the one made previously by an opposing fan. It should make you feel even more proud of yourselves. I would have loved to see you get a chance against Gilmer, but I am happy that if you had to go out it was in a game like this instead of a lopsided one like many feared would happen next week. Great job and great season to a great group of young men.

This years tiger team really express leasership and determination to win something i am really proud of this team and as a wonderful tiger fan i want to wish all the seniors good luck on all their future carrers. I could not have been more proud to travel to every game this year in victory and in defeat. This team was one of the best we have had in quite a while and i enjoyed every minute of it. It is a great time to be a tiger fan even in defeat because we had a real good season and nothing to be ashamed of. Navasota fans have real class and were very considerate , Good luck next week against gilmer your going to need it.            TIGER FAN FOR LIFE.    OH YEAH Jeremey's not really finished just yet wait untill you see him and the rest of the tigers on the basketball court our state title dream isn't over just yet this will be a special season i promise. GOOD LUCK TIGERS !!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476