Why PNG will beat Brenham like a drum...

Because they have actually faced good teams this year because they play in a strong competitive district...because their coach is supierior...and just simply because they are better. Brenham beware...this aint no 2-8 team your fixin to line up against. Ive called em all season long and I'll call this one too...

PNG 35
Brenham 14

Whats the odds of gettin Faircloth to leave the Rezervation and commin to Caney Creek to turn my boys around???

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="710016" timestamp="1258405660"]
I figured BH game would be close...if ya look back BH played everybody close. BH was a good competitive team..just didnt have the right ingredients to click on all cyclinders. Brenham will just purely be out matched here...out of their league. If PNG wins two more games, I think [b]we[/b] are looking at the State Champs.
[/quote]We?  :D :D  I thought u was a Caney Creek fan?  I knew you're true colors would come out sooner or later... ::) ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="710028" timestamp="1258406517"]
[quote author=Thunderlicious link=topic=62506.msg710016#msg710016 date=1258405660]
I figured BH game would be close...if ya look back BH played everybody close. BH was a good competitive team..just didnt have the right ingredients to click on all cyclinders. Brenham will just purely be out matched here...out of their league. If PNG wins two more games, I think [b]we[/b] are looking at the State Champs.
[/quote]We?   :D :D  I thought u was a Caney Creek fan?  I knew you're true colors would come out sooner or later... ::) ::)
[/quote]uh huh hes got mice in his pockets....

I figured BH game would be close...if ya look back BH played everybody close. BH was a good competitive team..just didnt have the right ingredients to click on all cyclinders. Brenham will just purely be out matched here...out of their league. If PNG wins two more games, I think we are looking at the State Champs.
[/quote]

Thats sounds really nice!  I know Coach Faircloth NEVER looks down the road, but concentrates ONLY on the weekly battle that we have to win.  Brenham will be a good matchup and I feel that PNG will come away with the "W".  Will it be easy? Hard? or somewhere in the middle?  Who knows. Remember, this is Texas high school football and anything can and will happen on any given Friday night under the lights!  Best of luck to all playoff teams!

[size=12pt][color=purple][b]Honor..........Pride.............Tradition.........PNG[/b][/color][/size]

I figured BH game would be close...if ya look back BH played everybody close. BH was a good competitive team..just didnt have the right ingredients to click on all cyclinders. Brenham will just purely be out matched here...out of their league. If PNG wins two more games, I think we are looking at the State Champs.
[/quote]

I appreciate the props and kind words towards BH. But if you think Brenham will be out-matched or out-manned more than BH was, you are in for a real surprise. The Cubs have much more size and depth than this year's BH Eagle team had.

Guest gladiator2
We played several teams with more talent than BH, some team's match up well with what another team does. Personally, I don't feel we should have ever had to pass because we running the ball down BH's throat. We tried to get cute a few times and it back-fired. Brenham may stop the run and then we will open it up and pass quite a bit. If Brenham goes into this game thinking that all they have to do is stop the run than it will be a long night for them. I want guarantee a win because we have not played a good game in several weeks. We must play mistake free football and get back to winning the turnover battle. We are not good enough to just show up and win. Win or lose, we have exceeded everyone's expectation's this season. We have a good team and hopefully we can keep winning but if not I will definately be looking toward's the next couple of year's because we are loaded with youngster's that will have been playing in this system for more than one season. If this year's team can do this well with everything new thrown at them, just wait for year's to come.

[quote name="games24x7" post="710229" timestamp="1258419739"]
We played several teams with more talent than BH, some team's match up well with what another team does. Personally, I don't feel we should have ever had to pass because we running the ball down BH's throat. We tried to get cute a few times and it back-fired. Brenham may stop the run and then we will open it up and pass quite a bit. If Brenham goes into this game thinking that all they have to do is stop the run than it will be a long night for them. I want guarantee a win because we have not played a good game in several weeks. We must play mistake free football and get back to winning the turnover battle. We are not good enough to just show up and win. Win or lose, we have exceeded everyone's expectation's this season. We have a good team and hopefully we can keep winning but if not I will definately be looking toward's the next couple of year's because we are loaded with youngster's that will have been playing in this system for more than one season. If this year's team can do this well with everything new thrown at them, just wait for year's to come.
[/quote]

Nice response..I agree totally. I'm actually pulling for the Indians. The crowd support you guys have is incredible.
I can promise that you have beaten several teams w/ more size and depth than BH this year....not many w/ more heart.
Besides I'm an Eric Harrington fan...GO INDIANS !

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="709942" timestamp="1258402395"]
Because they have actually faced good teams this year because they play in a strong competitive district...because their coach is supierior...and just simply because they are better. Brenham beware...this aint no 2-8 team your fixin to line up against. Ive called em all season long and I'll call this one too...

PNG 35
Brenham 14

Whats the odds of gettin Faircloth to leave the Rezervation and commin to Caney Creek to turn my boys around???
[/quote]

Look, PN-G has all of the tradition and will have 10,000 crazy fans there. But before you go out and make blanket statements about who has a superior coach, you may want to do a little research. Most of Brenham's coaching staff including the HC (Glen West) played for and learned under Gordon Wood in Brownwood. In fact, Glen West's father was the OC at Brownwood when the legendary Gordon Wood was the coach. West has been a winner everywhere he has gone. I'm not saying Faircloth is bad, he has done a fabulous job.  By the way, historians correct me if I'm wrong but I believe West is 149-57-1 as a HC overall.

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="709942" timestamp="1258402395"]

PNG 35
Brenham 14

[/quote]
I am sure Faircloth is a good coach but he is supierior? Is it only because they are undefeated? How superiour will he be next season with 3 losses??

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="710534" timestamp="1258463252"]
Look, PN-G has all of the tradition and will have 10,000 crazy fans there. But before you go out and make blanket statements about who has a superior coach, you may want to do a little research. Most of Brenham's coaching staff including the HC (Glen West) played for and learned under Gordon Wood in Brownwood. In fact, Glen West's father was the OC at Brownwood when the legendary Gordon Wood was the coach. West has been a winner everywhere he has gone. I'm not saying Faircloth is bad, he has done a fabulous job.  By the way, historians correct me if I'm wrong but I believe West is 149-57-1 as a HC overall.
[/quote]
Would that be the same Brownwood that Brandon Faircloth attended and graduated from before he went on to coach at three of the premiere Texas HS Football Programs of the more recent history in Austin Westlake, Highland Park and Odessa Permian??

Yes, I believe it WOOD be. ;)

You are correct about the fact that West has been a winner, but a couple of years ago he had one of the great assemblies of talent in 4A football in recent years with headliners Jarrett Lee and Collins at WR along with a huge O-Line and D-line and monster LBs. Major DI talent at just about every position, and how did that season end?? A great coach would have won it all with that talent.

Now I won't say our PNG NDNS wil"beat them like a drum", but I like our chances against this group of Cubs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476