19 4A VS 20 4A Who will come out on top???

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with which school, PNG has benefited before and I still don't agree with it. I just feel it takes away from the game, back when 1 school went and made it all the way that took hard work week in and week out. Now you can rest players, have a few bad weeks and pull off an upset and say you were the best.

I don't like it at the high school level, pro level and especially at the college level where you can win 2 or 3 games and be in the Preperation H Bowl!

Just my opinion, has nothing to do from which school I pull for. I wish all of them good luck, have fun and stay healthy!

[quote name="rollinac" post="700787" timestamp="1257617463"]
Dayton is gonna roll Vidor and Crosby is gonna roll Nederland.  PNG executes really well and I expect them to beat BH.  The winner of the turnover battle will win that game.  Central is going to have a very hard time with GCM.  GCM is going to match up very well with Central's defense. [b] I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 19 sweep[/b] but I expect Dayton, Crosby, PNG, and GCM to keep their season's alive.
[/quote]

What you been rolling Rolinac....

20-4A will sweep accept for Vidor....

[quote name="ndn78" post="704791" timestamp="1258028760"]
Nothing to do with which school, PNG has benefited before and I still don't agree with it. I just feel it takes away from the game, back when 1 school went and made it all the way that took hard work week in and week out. Now you can rest players, have a few bad weeks and pull off an upset and say you were the best.

I don't like it at the high school level, pro level and especially at the college level where you can win 2 or 3 games and be in the Preperation H Bowl!

Just my opinion, has nothing to do from which school I pull for. I wish all of them good luck, have fun and stay healthy!
[/quote]

OK 78, how would you feel if PNG would have not blocked the field goal and Central would have went to the playoffs because they beat PNG in a head to head matchup....You would be screaming bloody murder.

Remember those WB Briuns? They started the season off slow. They were'nt given a chance by many, Im sure. They peaked and won State. How bout those Buffs a few years later? They were small in size, but peaked at the right time also. I was at the game when LaPorte fans were laughing at the French team when they came onto the field. "Wow they are so small!" they yelled. Well, we know what happened to LaPorte that year. Oddesa Permian the same year, who'd of given the Buffs a shot? They was in the game all 4 quarters. ;D My Jags last year, were'nt given a chance in most of the matchups. We went 4 rounds. Every team even MGC has a shot to be successful. We're fooling ourselves if we say we actually know how our resectable teams will perform. I'll hope for the best for my Jags, but for them to truely be Champs, they'll need to bring their A game every game now. That blocked extra point should yield as a warning. Every game could be your last for the rest of the way. No bad games. Some teams are good enough to have bad games and still come out on top. But in the playoffs, I wouldn't chance it.

Roughrider you are wrong, I would have been dissapointed not screaming bloody murder. Like I said rules are rules but I don't like them. 2 teams max. If a player the caliber of #44 Hale for Central would get hurt in a playoff game against a less than .500 team then I would be screaming bloody murder.

If you knew me you would know I'm being sincere. I love high school sports and watch all of them even when my NDN's aren't involved, I like watching talented young men and women.

I guess coming from the days when only one team went just gives me a different perspective. I understand the joy these kids get now from the new system (my kids benefited) but I just feel the team/teams who performed the best during the regular season should reap the rewards and not have one bad game or play change what they earned.

As I said before, good luck to all, have fun and no injuries. Go NDN's and 20-4A!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83