I Can't Stand's NO More

ndn78

For all you football Einsteins out there I'd like to make a challenge to you! DO some research and find me an area in the state that has produced more college and pro players then the Golden Triangle? I consider the GT to include Beaumont, Pt. Arthur, Orange, Nederland, PNG, LC-M, Bridge City, Silsbee, Jasper,Newton,Winnie and even Dayton. (I apologize for those I missed but you get the point)

At last count there were over 80 in the NFL alone not to mention the amount of great college players from these areas. Our area may not have had consistent playoff runs but the level of talent is second to none year after year, and the level of fan support is equal.

I would hope all the smack we talk to each other is all out of mutual respect. This is an open forum, but for those outside these areas to come in here and say we have not talent and can't compete, *&% @#$!

On the subject of my beloved Indians and our rookie coaches, take some time to research where they came from and even more important the level they coached against and learned from.

I wish, PNG, Central our other 2 20-4A representives, Dayton, WO-S, Silsbee, Jasper, Newton and all our other South East Texas teams to play hard, show respect and better class than the others and kick some butt! Keep under estimating out area! We might be blue collar trash but we have something money can't buy!

Heck yeah dude. Lets name them. Dustin Long, Dravanti Johnson, Jamalle Charles, Those two kids who are playing for texas that went to West Orange Stark, Dustin Hood went to play Baseball for Wake Forest, but could have been a solid college QB, Ryan Butler played D2 or D3 college ball. Couple of Mid County Boys going to play football at Lamar. Curtis Parks kicked for Sam Houston I believe. The Mayhew Brothers from Nederland, and I still say to this day Dustin Long could have gone pro. Mohica Should have done better for himself. That's one reason I for one love that We are getting college football back down here. Maybe some of these NFL scouts can see what kind of talent this are offers.

Keep patting yourself on the back.  I think thats a good ideal you can make a list of every football player that came from all your local river bottom schools and went to the next level.  That way in a few weeks you can all sit around the river bank and talk about all the names on the list while your nephuncles are checking the trot lines.  Cause there will be no more football at the 4A level in your area to be played in a few weeks. 

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="695326" timestamp="1257219174"]
Keep patting yourself on the back.  I think thats a good ideal you can make a list of every football player that came from all your local schools and went to the next level.  That way in a few weeks you can all sit around the river bank and talk about all the names on the list while your nephuncles are checking the trot lines.  Cause there will be no more football at the 4A level in your area to be played in a few weeks.  
[/quote]

Haha. What have you been drinking today, buddy? You ok?

Let's not forget Bubba Smith, Bum Phillips, Wade Phillips, Jimmy Johnson and R.C. Slocum....Sorry Scratchy...thought these river bottom boys belonged on the list too.

[quote name="LR1969" post="695358" timestamp="1257220009"]
Let's not forget Bubba Smith, Bum Phillips, Wade Phillips, Jimmy Johnson and R.C. Slocum....Sorry Scratchy...thought these river bottom boys belonged on the list too.
[/quote]

Nice. That was a no brainer. Can't believe that slipped my mind. That running back from West Brook went to Texas A&M. He's gonna be a good one. Stephan Huber went to Baylor. I think he's starting as a freshman (could be wrong.) No offense but why make a ignorant statement like that. And I think alot more could have played at the next level just get the opportunity.

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="695326" timestamp="1257219174"]
Keep patting yourself on the back.  I think thats a good ideal you can make a list of every football player that came from all your local river bottom schools and went to the next level.  That way in a few weeks you can all sit around the river bank and talk about all the names on the list while your nephuncles are checking the trot lines.  Cause there will be no more football at the 4A level in your area to be played in a few weeks.   
[/quote]
There is probably a clinic around you close. That could help you with that itch. It would probably be near the de-tox centers you know where they are . But they see that kinda stuff all the time there . they should be able to get rid of it for you. If they use the strong stuff. ;D

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="695332" timestamp="1257219299"]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=61783.msg695326#msg695326 date=1257219174]
Keep patting yourself on the back.  I think thats a good ideal you can make a list of every football player that came from all your local schools and went to the next level.  That way in a few weeks you can all sit around the river bank and talk about all the names on the list while your nephuncles are checking the trot lines.  Cause there will be no more football at the 4A level in your area to be played in a few weeks.  
[/quote]

[/quote]This dude is a coward. He hides behind his keyboard and computer monitor ;D

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="bcjag09" post="695523" timestamp="1257252022"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=61783.msg695332#msg695332 date=1257219299]
[quote author=Itch?Scratchit! link=topic=61783.msg695326#msg695326 date=1257219174]
[/quote]

[/quote]This dude is a coward. He hides behind his keyboard and computer monitor ;D
[/quote]

Ole "ITCH" has little football knowledge(or knowledge of any kind for that matter) the only way he can get a response is by saracasm...He's like a stray dog,If you don't FEED him he will go away.... :o

Guest ~old_wildcat~
How About ERNIE HOLMES,I Believe From Newton County Somewhere..And Ernest"bubba" Bean.. From Kirbyville,Who Went On To Play For The Atlanta Falcons..Can't Remember Who Holmes Played For..I Want To Say Kansas City..Could Be Wrong On That..

Babineaux brothers at Seattle and Atlanta, Matt Bryant till Tampa Bay hosed him (in UFL for now). Jammal Charles, ? Johnson played at Kansas in college not sure which pro team he is on, several line man I can't think of right off hand. I would say 10 -12 minimun.

I have a newspaper list Bob West did a few years ago that totaled around 72 and since that list at least 8 -10 more. Several more on the way over the next few years as they finish college. From that list that included players from the 60's on there are 20 super bowl rings as well. If was computer smart enough I would scan and attach the list.

[quote name="Itch?Scratchit!" post="695368" timestamp="1257220382"]
[quote author=ndn78 link=topic=61783.msg695338#msg695338 date=1257219374]
Scratch this! ;D I'm sure you'll go far in life!
[/quote]

Go smoke something!

[/quote]

I think this is the kid that played the banjo in "Deliverance"...and by the way fool, the word is "trout", not "trot"...which shows the level of education that you got...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed