Vidor vs. Livingston Predictions?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a great game of ground pounding! I wish I could have seen Livingston play before next week. If what I am reading is correct. We have to win due to head to head with Nederland. If we lose we would lose the 4th spot to Livingston right? So it comes down to this! How bad do you want it Pirates? Guys you played a great game against Nederland, but put it in the past where it belongs and focus on stopping the run. You have done a good job of stopping the run all year, and since I hear Livingston is not a passing team we should be ready on Friday! Come on Pirates, this is our SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!

As bad as both teams are at throwing the ball, I would have to say that Vidor has a distinct edge in this one category. Livingston is horrible at putting the ball in the air. Vidor can complete some shorter routes at least and this may end up being the difference in this playoff game!

I said this just before district about the Vidor hype and them not challenging themselves with their always week pre-district schedule, that they would struggle against the teams that do play tougher non-district. I mentioned that PNG, Nederland and Central typically make the playoffs because they are battle tested and have had their weeknesses exposed and fixed before or early on in district. And all you Vidor fans said "You'll see", "No one can stop us", "Blah, Blah, Blah". Well here we are and Vidor is fighting for their Playoff lives after losing to who else, but Central, PNG, and Nederland. Good luck to the Pirates on Friday. Hopefully next year Mathews tightens up the schedule for you guys a bit.

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="694992" timestamp="1257201168"]
Nothing new Peavy fractured his hand a couple of weeks ago. They have a few from JV playing now.
[/quote]quite a few. there were many new faces playing last week at the jv game. they've been moving them up since before the png game.

Livingston will be up for this one. After last week's win over Central, confidence will be the key to this game. Livingston has it and Vidor has spent the past 30 years trying to find it again. I just think the Lions may have the Pirates number this year.

LIV 24
VID 17

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn