Libety's road to the playoffs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LTpanthers7" post="692295" timestamp="1256999109"]
With Liberty's win over Tarkington and Huffman's win over Shepherd all Liberty needs is either a victory over Coldsprings or a Huffman loss to Tarkington...Any predictions on the Huffman and Tarkington game or the Liberty Coldsprings game.
[/quote]

PLAY-OFFS????  Don't talk about Play-offs, PPPPPlaaaayyyy-ooooofffffs,Play_offs????

I believe Corndog is right.....

This is the way I see it, going into week 10........
Shepherd 3-3  -  has a bye in week 10
Huffman 2-3  -  vs Tarkington in week 10
Liberty 2-3  -  vs Coldspring in week 10

Best case scenario for Liberty:
Liberty beats Coldspring and Huffman loses to Tarkington.
Liberty will be 3-3 and Shepherd will be 3-3, with Huffman falling off at 2-4.  In the event of any tie, you go to head-to-head action.  Since Shepherd beat Liberty....Shepherd would go as the #3 seed.

If Liberty and Huffman both win......
At this point all three teams are tied at 3-3.  In a three way tie, first you go head-to-head.  Since each team was 1-1 against one another, then it would come down to points.  Liberty beat Huffman by 5 (+5) and lost to Shepherd by 14 (-14), so Liberty would be at -9.  Huffman lost to Liberty by 5(-5) and beat Shepherd by 7 (+7), so Huffman would be at +2.  Shepherd lost to Huffman by 7 (-7) and beat Liberty by 14 (+14), so Shepherd would be at +7.  So.......if Liberty beats Coldspring and Huffman beats Tarkington, Shepherd goes to the playoffs as the # 3 seed.

Am I right???? ???

[quote name="lotsamoxie" post="693210" timestamp="1257050131"]
???Face it Liberty just does not have what it takes this year but watch out the next couple of years.
[/quote]
watch out for what?  Their sub varsities are terrible and they are losing alot.

[quote name="3apantherfan" post="693325" timestamp="1257066940"]
[quote author=lotsamoxie link=topic=61633.msg693210#msg693210 date=1257050131]
???Face it Liberty just does not have what it takes this year but watch out the next couple of years.
[/quote]

Next year wont be the year either! Liberty is going to continue to be down for the next couple of years.
[/quote]yeah thats when they hire a new coach too. :o :o :o

[quote name="2MADRE" post="694715" timestamp="1257190563"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Daniel Fitzwater is a 6"4 freshmen with good arm strength and accuracy, Liberty's backfield will be terrible next year with the loss of their Junior running back Darren Edward's, but the Freshmen Fitzwater who next year will start varsity quarterback as a sophomore, so they will have a terrible year, but when Fitzwater is a junior he will be well experienced and he definetely has the size to put Liberty back up there with Cleveland and Coldspring

[quote name="Tator tots" post="695282" timestamp="1257217226"]
LT is so right fitzwater is a hoss and only getting better. The jv team has all freshman and about 8 sophmores and their record is 5-4.. so 2madre that doesnt sound too terrible to me

[/quote]
Yeah I hear how their record is 5-4 when you play freshman teams with your JV, and lie about it and say that you don't have any sophomores.  Anyone could be 5-4 doing that.

[quote name="LTpanthers7" post="694948" timestamp="1257199013"]
[quote author=2MADRE link=topic=61633.msg694715#msg694715 date=1257190563]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Daniel Fitzwater is a 6"4 freshmen with good arm strength and accuracy, Liberty's backfield will be terrible next year with the loss of their Junior running back Darren Edward's, but the Freshmen Fitzwater who next year will start varsity quarterback as a sophomore, so they will have a terrible year, but when Fitzwater is a junior he will be well experienced and he definetely has the size to put Liberty back up there with Cleveland and Coldspring
[/quote]

Where is Bucket going?

Ok reality has to set in - if Bucket is the Freshman (I have not heard him called that) - I have watched him play only one game and he was pretty impressive.  But to make the comment that before he has played his first Varsity game that he has a "Choice" between Texas and Oklahoma (two of the best recruiting schools in the country) might be a little bit of a stretch.

As a Liberty Panther supporter I will be the first to cheer this player into a D1 school - but can we please see how he competes on the next level in high school first.  From what I saw he will be a tremendous athlete - but a D1 at Texas and OK before his first game - lets just wait and see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin