Libety's road to the playoffs

I have seen Liberty play many times this year and "Bucket" is not a D1 talent.  There is absolutley no way that there is any truth to what you guys are saying about UT and Oklahoma.  Good player but obviously you guys have never seen a D1 player in person before.  I keep seeing stuff like this on these boards and I have to wonder what the football IQ of most people on here is.  Not much IMO.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards aka BUCKET! is a Junior same grade as my sister! I have not heard of him getting any looks from a D1 school, D2 maybe!?

Fitzwater, I have seen play about 3 or 4 times, and has not impressed me much! He gets sacked a Bunch and isn't the most accurate passer. He isn't nearly fast enough for the varsity game (maybe in 2 years)! They have a freshmen who basically is the only guy that receives the ball for the JV/Freshmen! and he is Really good, i believe he has scored almost all of their TD's! He will play receiver next year! He is pretty fast and has some good moves, but is not very tall!

Like i said Liberty will be down for the next couple of years! Next Year might be the worst!

I would say the chance of Liberty making the playoffs under those conditions is pretty slim. Even if Liberty did somehow beat Coldspring (don't see it happening) the likelihood of Tarkington pulling off the upset is, well...unlikely. Sorry Panthers. You gotta start earlier than week 10 and take care of business on the field if you want to make the playoffs. Good luck next year!!!

To clear it all up for the people who don't know who Bucket is he is a Junior THIS year and he is number 3 not 22, 22 is Dejonge Robinson who has received D1 letters however number 3 Bucket has not and he is leaving to play his senior year in Dayton...And we only have 3 sophomores Tyler Robins, Cody Patrick and Jorge Rodriquez that are on the Freshmen team the rest of them are on the B team that plays Anahuac every week so get your facts straight

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="696114" timestamp="1257287168"]
I have seen Liberty play many times this year and "Bucket" is not a D1 talent.  There is absolutley no way that there is any truth to what you guys are saying about UT and Oklahoma.  Good player but obviously you guys have never seen a D1 player in person before.  I keep seeing stuff like this on these boards and I have to wonder what the football IQ of most people on here is.  Not much IMO.
[/quote]
Nicely done SIR!

[quote name="Tator tots" post="696761" timestamp="1257350350"]
there is no sophmores on the fresman team..
that is the jv team all freshman
[/quote]
OOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!  I will take 25 freshman, three sophmores, and call them "JV" but tell people they are all freshman. And then brag that I have won 5 games over all freshman teams.

[quote name="2MADRE" post="696818" timestamp="1257352448"]
[quote author=Tator tots link=topic=61633.msg696761#msg696761 date=1257350350]
[/quote]
OOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!  I will take 25 freshman, three sophmores, and call them "JV" but tell people they are all freshman. And then brag that I have won 5 games over all freshman teams.
[/quote]

Liberty has a JV and a freshman team. Deel wouldnt put any sophmores on a freshman team and call it a freshman team.

But, a couple of years ago my JV team had a couple of moveins from NO because of the hurricane. One of which could have easily played college ball. Best team I every played on. But, I did go to Liberty too...lol

Getting contacts from D1 schools is nothing new – Hell I got a stack of them that my son who played at Liberty when he was a Jr. and Sr. and he also got early calls from 2 D1 schools.  But it means nothing unless they come through with the goods.  I learned later that D1 schools develop long lists of potential athletes early and weed down as they get closer to the “real deal players”.  My son was put on the list I believe when he made 2nd Team All District as a Soph.  He got numerous letters and a few calls from colleges but never received an offer – other than to walk-on - at any school.

My point – just because a player – any player – receives D1 letters and contacts does not make him a D1 recruit.  Generally, it means that they are decent players that get a second and hopefully a third look and then a shot at the big time.  Good luck to all players in SETX that want to play at the next level as I wish them all the best and hope they get that dream scholarship as not that many are really offered compared to the number of players wishing to continue their career.

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="696830" timestamp="1257352907"]
[quote author=2MADRE link=topic=61633.msg696818#msg696818 date=1257352448]
[quote author=Tator tots link=topic=61633.msg696761#msg696761 date=1257350350]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Liberty has a JV and a freshman team. Deel wouldnt put any sophmores on a freshman team and call it a freshman team.

But, a couple of years ago my JV team had a couple of moveins from NO because of the hurricane. One of which could have easily played college ball. Best team I every played on. But, I did go to Liberty too...lol
[/quote]
You don't read correctly.

Pantherplaya09,

Thank You – I also feel that he could have played past high school – but for some reason he lost his desire to put in the work in needed at the next level.  :'(    He is now an intramural STAR at Texas A&M.

As far as the JV and Freshman Situation – all I can say is what my employee who has a son who is a Freshman Football player said.  Liberty had more than enough to make 2 freshman teams but only a hand full of JV players so they moved the entire freshman team up to the JV squad.  He complained that his son got no playing time and that there was like 30 boys on the sidelines of the JV games.  The only reason that I see this happening is that the coaching staff didn’t want the (basically) 2nd team freshman team getting beat week in and week out.  This is what I heard is going on but cannot verify this as a fact.

My position is if you have 11 freshman kids that want to play give me a freshman team to play and let’s get after it and get them some experience that may pay off in the future.  The risk is that if they get pounded every week it may be difficult to get them to NOT accept losing – and from posts that I have read about Liberty recently is that they do not know how to win at the moment.

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="697144" timestamp="1257370185"]
Coach Jackson needs to read this thread. Make do with whatcha got and learn how to win. Dont accept failure. Thats what Liberty is having a problem with to me. The Seniors never had a winning season. At anything. They just dont know how to win. Sounds foolish..but its true.
[/quote]

I agree, But they had a winning baseball season last year! lol, even though as the playoffs came around they were glad we lost cause they were "tired of the seniors"!...

Liberty has a JV team and a JV  "B" team... they are all mixed There are more than 3 sophomores on the team (although most of the sophomores are on the "B" team ), and actually 2 weeks ago there was a JUNIOR playing on the O-Line!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• You have more faith than some other WOS fans😂
    • Go live in a third world country then get back to me about the word “poor”…..you ll have a different perspective.  Your right a kid shouldn’t suffer for parents decisions, but that’s the world we live in created by those who don’t teach responsibility as well as handicapping by giving handouts.  Cause and effect.   Now yes there are people who are hit with some tragic unforeseen circumstances who need help to get back on their feet but that’s different then a habitual irresponsible lifestyle  fema is a totally different animal.  And it’s actually  something I’ve never had to deal with…..so I can’t really speak on it but I do know it’s a govt agency and most govt agencies are poorly ran.  Natural disasters have been part of this earth for a long time….way before fema came along and people have managed. said kids get taught by said parents that the govt owes them for their circumstances instead of seeing for what it really is and the lesson that should actually be taken from such a life…..”I’m not going to be like my parent or parents….im going to look at others as examples …..my teachers, my coaches, any aunts or uncles, relatives etc etc that are successful…..I’m going to work hard and smart and make good decisions and what bad decisions I do make I’m going to learn from.” Suffering is a great teacher.  This earthly place is temporary and many will suffer even the righteous and even children. Life on earth is not fair….its not a new concept. The good ole race card.  I’m not surprised. I feel the same way no matter the color.  Whites are just as guilty as any other race.  It’s not a race issue it’s a culture issue.  You have allowed color to guide your thought process…..is that what you were taught. how bout you check out the income of many of those politicians you vote for who care so much about kids.  They go in as an every day working citizens then come out millionaires off of shady deals, kickbacks and taxpayers backs. They keep promising y’all false promises and you keep falling for it….bidens been doing it for over 40 years. i just wasted time on this reply because you are not hearing any of it……..you want handouts with no accountability. .sorry to the posters who wasted their time reading this…..it got off topic.  
    • Atascocita vs Pearland  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Deer Park, 6:00 PM (If Needed)      Deer Park vs Clear Springs  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Crosby, 1:00 PM (If Needed)   Hardin-Jefferson Vs. Longview Spring Hill  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Lufkin Hudson HS, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Nacogdoches, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Lufkin HS, TBD (If Needed)  
    • And that was in “deep blue” NJ. 
    • Baseball bat time again. You mentioned two “mental” disorders. That tells me they are made up in someone’s mind. Allowing a male in women’s restrooms and letting them compete in women’s sports makes them feel better about themselves? All they amount to is males who can’t hack it in the real world.
  • Topics