If PNG poured it on?

Thus far, we have seen PNG's domination until the 4th quarter.  Faircloth and co's. refusal to run a score up on anyone, shows a lot of class.  However, things could have gotten bad for the last four teams that the Indians have faced.  IMO of the Ozen game last night, PNG was up 35-0 with around 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter.  Ozen could not stop anything that the Indians were doing on offense at that point, nor could they move the ball against the Indians D.  

My point is, that could have very easily been a 56-0 or 63-0 game.  Central will have their hands, arms, and legs full next week.

[quote name="Layingemdown" post="692294" timestamp="1256999098"]
Thus far, we have seen PNG's domination until the 4th quarter.  Faircloth and co. refuse to run a score up on anyone, show a lot of class.  However, things could have gotten bad for the last four teams that the Indians have faced.  IMO of the Ozen game last night, PNG was up 35-0 with around 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter.  Ozen could not stop the anything that the Indians were doing on offense at that point, nor could they move the ball against the Indians D. 

My point is, that could have very easily been a 56-0 or 63-0 game.  Central will have their hands, arms, and legs full next week.
[/quote]You're darn right.  If we don't get our butts in gear (Take notes, Jag Coaches), we could get our butts spanked as well. 

[quote name="Layingemdown" post="692294" timestamp="1256999098"]
Thus far, we have seen PNG's domination until the 4th quarter.  Faircloth and co's. refusal to run a score up on anyone, shows a lot of class.  However, things could have gotten bad for the last four teams that the Indians have faced.  IMO of the Ozen game last night, PNG was up 35-0 with around 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter.  Ozen could not stop anything that the Indians were doing on offense at that point, nor could they move the ball against the Indians D.  

My point is, that could have very easily been a 56-0 or 63-0 game.  Central will have their hands, arms, and legs full next week.
[/quote]

I totally agree with you.  Faircloth has a lot of class and could have very easily run up the score. Pulling the starters out giving the other guys some play time, as well as not totally embarrassing the other team shows  the "fairness" of this coach.  I was talking to a players dad and he said that at a parents meeting, Coach Faircloth said he would not NOT run up a score for the sake of getting more points, that he wants to give EACH and EVERY player a chance to get play time as much as possible.  I tell you, PNG has definitely come together as a well balanced team and just seem to get better and better with each passing week.  I just got in from the track for my morning run and the coaches were already there, making preparations.  PNG fans know we have a dedicated coaching staff and are very proud of them.  We WILL be ready for Central....the Indians are coming to town and are on a Warpath!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="692297" timestamp="1256999325"]
[quote author=Layingemdown link=topic=61632.msg692294#msg692294 date=1256999098]
Thus far, we have seen PNG's domination until the 4th quarter.  Faircloth and co. refuse to run a score up on anyone, show a lot of class.  However, things could have gotten bad for the last four teams that the Indians have faced.  IMO of the Ozen game last night, PNG was up 35-0 with around 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter.  Ozen could not stop the anything that the Indians were doing on offense at that point, nor could they move the ball against the Indians D. 

My point is, that could have very easily been a 56-0 or 63-0 game.  Central will have their hands, arms, and legs full next week.
[/quote]You're darn right.  If we don't get our butts in gear (Take notes, Jag Coaches), we could get our butts spanked as well. 
[/quote]
Central has a good coach and will be ready. It will be a good game. Hopefully both teams will come out injury free and make a good showing in the playoffs.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="692314" timestamp="1257000568"]
[quote author=Layingemdown link=topic=61632.msg692294#msg692294 date=1256999098]

[/quote]

I totally agree with you.  Faircloth has a lot of class and could have very easily run up the score. Pulling the starters out giving the other guys some play time, as well as not totally embarrassing the other team shows  the "fairness" of this coach.  I was talking to a players dad and he said that at a parents meeting, Coach Faircloth said he would not NOT run up a score for the sake of getting more points, that he wants to give EACH and EVERY player a chance to get play time as much as possible.  I tell you, PNG has definitely come together as a well balanced team and just seem to get better and better with each passing week.  I just got in from the track for my morning run and the coaches were already there, making preparations.  PNG fans know we have a dedicated coaching staff and are very proud of them.  We WILL be ready for Central....the Indians are coming to town and are on a Warpath!
[/quote]By pulling the starters, he's also giving the normally splinter butts real game experience which will be extremely helpful in the playoffs when you meet those barely 4A teams with what seems to like a thousand D1 players on their team.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="692388" timestamp="1257003721"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=61632.msg692314#msg692314 date=1257000568]

[/quote]

[/quote]By pulling the starters, he's also giving the normally splinter butts real game experience which will be extremely helpful in the playoffs when you meet those barely 4A teams with what seems to like a thousand D1 players on their team.
[/quote]

Not sure if you are being a smartarse or not.

[quote name="outrider52" post="692431" timestamp="1257006567"]
Wasn't aware that the starters were pulled in the Vidor game.  Didn't Harmon score with less than a minute left?
[/quote]
Yes he did, no starters pulled in a closer battle, but I think he was refering to the fact that PNG did not throw a single pass in the fourth Q of the Vidor game because they were just trying to run the clock.

[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=61632.msg692433#msg692433 date=1257006710]
[quote author=outrider52 link=topic=61632.msg692431#msg692431 date=1257006567]
Wasn't aware that the starters were pulled in the Vidor game.  [b]Didn't Harmon score with less than a minute left[/b]?

[color=purple][b]I believe he scored because no one from Vidor bothered to tackle him.

Review the tape..while your sitting home during the playoffs.[/b][/color]

yes sir, They should have put over 50 up on Ozen. i left after They scored 34 before the extra point. When i got back to BMT and saw the final score I knew the starters had to have been pulled. We better be ready for what ever. The Indians are like a well oiled machine, for real. Please PNG pour it on.

[quote name="D3zii" post="693275" timestamp="1257053261"]
[quote author=meanjoe link=topic=61632.msg692540#msg692540 date=1257013597]
Will Port Neches even bother to put their starters in next week against central?
[/quote]

Haha..Are you serious,,WOW
[/quote]No, I think he's serious.  They may not want to risk injury on a watered down (in their opinion) district championship and may want to rest players or keep them out thinking about a deep playoff run.  Should  Central should think about this as well?

[quote name="NewIndian" post="693313" timestamp="1257057913"]
No doubt PNG starters will play, Central will get us ready for what we will see in the playoffs, we get up good and they will come out
[/quote]WHEN we get up good or IF we get up good?  I couldn't help hearing the bass in you're tone!  :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476