20-4A Playoff Picture?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="692088" timestamp="1256966848"]
Nederlands playoffs started last week. they just got to handle lumberton next week
[/quote]When my Jags plaed Nederland I got a glimps @ #2, the QB. He impressed the He!! outta me the first time I saw him. I wondered why they kept pulling him. Now, they are rolling in success with him handling the snaps. L-train, look out the Dogs are dangerous.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="692531" timestamp="1257013043"]
It's head to head, then points. If there is a three way tie and one team has defeated the other two, that team will go to the playoffs.
[/quote]

That clears it up for me AAW.  So let's go Panthers, Big Black, and  Blue Raaiidaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss.....

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="692496" timestamp="1257010686"]
So if Nederland loses against Lumberton (which they will not) we need Ozen to lose cause we would have the tie breaker cause we beat Vidor and Livingston, right?
[/quote]

No.. because Lumberton would have beaten you.  Also, Ozen would have to win to be included in the tie.  So, if Lumberton wins, Ozen wins and Livingston wins, it would be a 5 way tie.  It would go to the points after that.  There are way to many ways this could play out.  Vidor and Nederland hold the lead in points.  However, the last game would come into play.   

OK... Let me try and break this down.

If there is indeed a 5 way tie, Lumberton, Ozen  and Livingston would all have to win.  If either Lumberton or livingston, the team they lose to are in, ie Vidor or Nederland.  The points, before the last game stand at, if there is indeed a 16 point cut off:

Vidor +15
Nederland +12
Lumberton -1
Livingston -10
Ozen -16

You have to remember though, for this tie to happen, all 3 of the bottom teams listed would have to win, so the final game would change the list above.

ie.. If Lumberton wins by 7, you would have to add 7 points to the -1 which would bring them up to +6.  You would also have to take away the same 7 from Nederland, which sits at +12.  Now, They would sit at +5, and be behind Lumberton.

The reason why it is impossible to come up with every possilbe finish, is because you have no way to know what the final score will be in these 3 games. 

I am sure that is clear as mud now. 

Here is an interesting monkey wrench. Ozen Loses there out. Then Lumberton Wins and Livingston Wins. Lumberton, Livingston, Vidor and Nederland are all 3-3. Does that mean Nederland and Lumberton are in because they both won two games head to head between the four teams and Livingston would have only beat Vidor and Vidor would have only beat Lumberton. Really confusing  :o :o :o

The playoff scenario thread can't be right.. Here is what I mean:

[b]20-4A
Who's in: Port Neches-Groves, Beaumont Central
Who can clinch:    Vidor with a win,
Nederland with a win OR a Vidor loss and an Ozen loss
Lumberton with a win and a Ozen loss
Livingston with a win and a Lumberton loss
Ozen with a win, a Livingston loss and a Nederland loss[/b]

How can Nederland go (even with a loss to Lumberton) if Vidor and Ozen lose? The reason why I ask this is because it says that Lumberton can go with a win against Nederland and an Ozen loss. So if Vidor, Ozen and Nederland lose, then does Nederland or Lumberton go? Someone is confused... I think we are all really confused..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="693681" timestamp="1257109000"]

[b]20-4A
Who can clinch:      Vidor with a win,

How can Nederland go (even with a loss to Lumberton) if Vidor and Ozen lose? The reason why I ask this is because it says that Lumberton can go with a win against Nederland and an Ozen loss. So if Vidor, Ozen and Nederland lose, then does Nederland or Lumberton go? Someone is confused... I think we are all really confused..
[/quote]me no espanio ********GO BRONCOS******** ;D ;D ;D ::)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="693681" timestamp="1257109000"]

[b]20-4A
Who can clinch:     Vidor with a win,

[/quote]

Because that would be create a four way tie between Vidor (3-4), Nederland (3-4), Lumberton (3-4) and Livingston (3-4).  Nederland and Lumberton would go in that scenario as they would both have a 2-1 record amongst the tied teams and Vidor and Livingston with 1-2 records would be on the outside looking in.

If Vidor wins, Nederland loses and Ozen loses, that would create the following standings Vidor (4-3), Nederland (3-4), Lumberton (3-4), Livingston (2-5) and Ozen (2-5).  Lumberton would go as they would have the head to head tiebreaker over Nederland with the win Friday night.

Both scenarios have a Lumberton win and an Ozen loss, and have Lumberton in the playoffs.  Only one of those, the Vidor loss, the Nederland loss and the Ozen loss, have Nederland in the playoffs.

Got it! Good!!!!  That makes one of us!

[quote name="injun" post="693706" timestamp="1257110921"]
Like I said last week If Nederland beats Vidor it throws a real kink in playoff scenario....[/quote]

That is an understatement!!!

[quote author=injun link=topic=61606.msg693706#msg693706 date=1257110921]
Pretty simple if Ned and Vidor win this week they are in..Either team loses it opens the
door for Ozen
[/quote]

As well as Livingston and Lumberton.  This may not be decided until sometime Saturday night!

[quote name="tpriddy" post="692632" timestamp="1257021043"]
Here is an interesting monkey wrench. Ozen Loses there out. Then Lumberton Wins and Livingston Wins. Lumberton, Livingston, Vidor and Nederland are all 3-3. Does that mean Nederland and Lumberton are in because they both won two games head to head between the four teams and Livingston would have only beat Vidor and Vidor would have only beat Lumberton. Really confusing  :o :o :o
[/quote]

You are correct, sir!!!!

[quote name="PFSTX" post="692566" timestamp="1257016156"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=61606.msg692496#msg692496 date=1257010686]
So if Nederland loses against Lumberton (which they will not) we need Ozen to lose cause we would have the tie breaker cause we beat Vidor and Livingston, right?
[/quote]thanks

No.. because Lumberton would have beaten you.  Also, Ozen would have to win to be included in the tie.  So, if Lumberton wins, Ozen wins and Livingston wins, it would be a 5 way tie.  It would go to the points after that.  There are way to many ways this could play out.  Vidor and Nederland hold the lead in points.  However, the last game would come into play.    

OK... Let me try and break this down.

If there is indeed a 5 way tie, Lumberton, Ozen  and Livingston would all have to win.  If either Lumberton or livingston, the team they lose to are in, ie Vidor or Nederland.  The points, before the last game stand at, if there is indeed a 16 point cut off:

Vidor +15
Nederland +12
Lumberton -1
Livingston -10
Ozen -16

You have to remember though, for this tie to happen, all 3 of the bottom teams listed would have to win, so the final game would change the list above.

ie.. If Lumberton wins by 7, you would have to add 7 points to the -1 which would bring them up to +6.  You would also have to take away the same 7 from Nederland, which sits at +12.  Now, They would sit at +5, and be behind Lumberton.

The reason why it is impossible to come up with every possilbe finish, is because you have no way to know what the final score will be in these 3 games.  

I am sure that is clear as mud now.  
[/quote]
thanks

[quote name="Warpaint101" post="693709" timestamp="1257111389"]
This is why JMO only 2 Maybe 3 teams should go to the playoffs .....I have a headache.whew....
But as i think about it......It does make football season for some last a little longer ...and who can get enough !!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Well, we'd still have the same headaches with 3 as we do with 4 this year. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami