Attendance Predictions For Future Lamar Football

LU4LIFE

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dub" post="697049" timestamp="1257365324"]
I see that a new softball field is on the list for 2010.
[/quote]

I hear from people in the Athletic Department that Billy says 2011, but I have not heard of any plans, and neither have they. So who knows? It'll come eventually.

[quote name="UNLV" post="698796" timestamp="1257521049"]Why is it taking Terror so long to explain why SHSU had fewer fans at a future FBS ROFLMAO school than LU has at it's basketball games.[/quote]

That was more than an FBS school - Eastern Michigan. :)

Attendance has been really bad at SHSU this year. It's rough - weather came into play earlier in the year and now the low turnout is probably based on the date of the event (Halloween) and that many are not interested in the current regime.

This is not Lamar - where the status quo is observed without fault. Our fans are reacting to the product as they view it on the field.

Guest coachacola
[quote]This is not Lamar - where the status quo is observed without fault. Our fans are reacting to the product as they view it on the field.[/quote]

In other words, SHSU only has fair weather fans.

[quote name="coachacola" post="699300" timestamp="1257557357"]
[quote]This is not Lamar - where the status quo is observed without fault. Our fans are reacting to the product as they view it on the field.[/quote]

In other words, SHSU only has fair weather fans.
[/quote]
You got that right coach.  I would rather have no fans than fair weathered fans. 

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="699247" timestamp="1257552241"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=61588.msg698796#msg698796 date=1257521049]Why is it taking Terror so long to explain why SHSU had fewer fans at a future FBS ROFLMAO school than LU has at it's basketball games.[/quote]

That was more than an FBS school - Eastern Michigan. :)

Attendance has been really bad at SHSU this year. It's rough - weather came into play earlier in the year and now the low turnout is probably based on the date of the event (Halloween) and that many are not interested in the current regime.

This is not Lamar - where the status quo is observed without fault. Our fans are reacting to the product as they view it on the field.
[/quote]

The current football product at Dan Rather State is as pathetic as it's most famous Alum (DR) and it's self appointed mouthpiece (TT).  And if you were as smart as you claim to be, you would know that Lamar doesn't stand for mediocrity.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="700288" timestamp="1257572493"]The current football product at Dan Rather State is as pathetic as it's most famous Alum (DR) and it's self appointed mouthpiece (TT).  And if you were as smart as you claim to be, you would know that Lamar doesn't stand for mediocrity. [/quote]

How long is the baseball and men's basketball program going to lay in the state they are? It is obvious that in baseball that TXST and SHSU have taken huge leaps and bounds. May have something to do with quality coaches and facilities. You guys lucked out when Bo Pilgrim Park did not come to fruition at SFA, but what happens if some of the other Texas programs in the league turn it around? Oh and don't give me the schedule excuses!

I guess the MBB issue handles itself with the move to the SLC East next year, but what if Roc can not sniff the top two, top three over there? And the return to the SLC West is only two years away at that point.

Good thing for Larry Tidwell and Justin Gilbert, right?

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="700530" timestamp="1257599698"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=61588.msg700288#msg700288 date=1257572493]The current football product at Dan Rather State is as pathetic as it's most famous Alum (DR) and it's self appointed mouthpiece (TT).  And if you were as smart as you claim to be, you would know that Lamar doesn't stand for mediocrity. [/quote]

How long is the baseball and men's basketball program going to lay in the state they are? It is obvious that in baseball that TXST and SHSU have taken huge leaps and bounds. May have something to do with quality coaches and facilities. You guys lucked out when Bo Pilgrim Park did not come to fruition at SFA, but what happens if some of the other Texas programs in the league turn it around? Oh and don't give me the schedule excuses!

I guess the MBB issue handles itself with the move to the SLC East next year, but what if Roc can not sniff the top two, top three over there? And the return to the SLC West is only two years away at that point.

Good thing for Larry Tidwell and Justin Gilbert, right?
[/quote]SHSU has not accomplished anything in the same time period. Winning the SLC anything does not impress me or anyone around the country....except you.
Impress me by winning beyond the SLC. SHSU in MBB, 0-1 in the tourney. LU is 5-5. When will the almighty SHSU catch up.
LU has come close on several occasions of winning a D1 NC. SHSU has never won beyond the slc.

[quote name="UNLV" post="700623" timestamp="1257606480"]Impress me by winning beyond the SLC. SHSU in MBB, 0-1 in the tourney. LU is 5-5. When will the almighty SHSU catch up.[/quote]

Let's talk about the current era, not the era that is recalled by the older generation of LU fans that makes up most of your basketball crowds.

[quote author=UNLV link=topic=61588.msg700623#msg700623 date=1257606480]LU has come close on several occasions of winning a D1 NC. SHSU has never won beyond the slc.[/quote]

SHSU has won beyond the SLC, just not in this 'era'. It is a bit like Lamar outside of men's golf, which even as of you late, you guys have turned your head the other way with...

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="700786" timestamp="1257617279"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=61588.msg700623#msg700623 date=1257606480]Impress me by winning beyond the SLC. SHSU in MBB, 0-1 in the tourney. LU is 5-5. When will the almighty SHSU catch up.[/quote]

Let's talk about the current era, not the era that is recalled by the older generation of LU fans that makes up most of your basketball crowds.

[quote author=UNLV link=topic=61588.msg700623#msg700623 date=1257606480]LU has come close on several occasions of winning a D1 NC. SHSU has never won beyond the slc.[/quote]

SHSU has won beyond the SLC, just not in this 'era'. It is a bit like Lamar outside of men's golf, which even as of you late, you guys have turned your head the other way with...
[/quote]OK, this era. What success beyond the slc for SHSU?

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="701079" timestamp="1257635620"]This is getting good... GO UNLV..  TT is a ^#&$%..  As I have said before.  Up until 3 years ago or at least the four years Will played at Lamar  the only thing that impressed me about SHSU was when my youngest played in a baseball playoff game on their very nice field....[/quote]

LU Baseball Fan...SHSU is 12-0 in the SLC tournament in the last three years. SHSU reached a regional final a few years back after an amazing comeback against Southern Miss (also eliminated Troy) and could very well have the most impressive team under Mark Johnson in 2010.

This team is used to playing a tough schedule and I do not think you will find players blaming losses on others when they lose. They take it hard as a team. Solid academic team too... ;)

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="701149" timestamp="1257639024"]
[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=61588.msg701079#msg701079 date=1257635620]This is getting good... GO UNLV..  TT is a ^#&$%..  As I have said before.  Up until 3 years ago or at least the four years Will played at Lamar  the only thing that impressed me about SHSU was when my youngest played in a baseball playoff game on their very nice field....[/quote]

LU Baseball Fan...SHSU is 12-0 in the SLC tournament in the last three years. SHSU reached a regional final a few years back after an amazing comeback against Southern Miss (also eliminated Troy) and could very well have the most impressive team under Mark Johnson in 2010.

This team is used to playing a tough schedule and I do not think you will find players blaming losses on others when they lose. They take it hard as a team. Solid academic team too... ;)
[/quote]OUTSIDE...OOOOOOUTSIDE THE SLC.

Regional finals...LU been there, done that. many of times. Not impressed.

[quote name="UNLV" post="701172" timestamp="1257640585"]Regional finals...LU been there, done that. many of times. Not impressed. [/quote]

[img]http://stephenhultquist.com/images/maytag_repairman1.jpg[/img]

Even the ole May Tag repairman is wondering what you have done for him lately? He's been around a long time and it's been just as long since Lamar did anything!

Not sure how attendance will be golden for football if you guys don't take advantage of pubbing what's been happening now!

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="701183" timestamp="1257641074"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=61588.msg701172#msg701172 date=1257640585]Regional finals...LU been there, done that. many of times. Not impressed. [/quote]

[img]http://stephenhultquist.com/images/maytag_repairman1.jpg[/img]

Even the ole May Tag repairman is wondering what you have done for him lately? He's been around a long time and it's been just as long since Lamar did anything!

Not sure how attendance will be golden for football if you guys don't take advantage of pubbing what's been happening now!
[/quote]2100 at a FCS game and you want to move up. How about moving down to fit your fan support.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="701459" timestamp="1257682863"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=61588.msg701370#msg701370 date=1257654621]2100 at a FCS game and you want to move up. How about moving down to fit your fan support.[/quote]

No one wants to move up in my opinion.

We want to be successful at the level we are at.
[/quote]Then why aren't you fighting this FBS. 2100 fans, you should consider dropping football. Use the money to
make the great SHSU MBB, since 2000, better. Imagine what millions can do for MBB.

[quote name="UNLV" post="701535" timestamp="1257693725"]Then why aren't you fighting this FBS. 2100 fans, you should consider dropping football. Use the money to make the great SHSU MBB, since 2000, better. Imagine what millions can do for MBB.
[/quote]

There's no FBS fight to have. This feasibility study will tell us about our program as it stands now.

On the bright side, I bet university is spelled right throughout the study!  ;)

Man terror you are awesome!!! Lets blame LU for the mistake of the t shirt maker.... You are an idiot sometimes....        Oh and by the way... I believe that LU will move up the the FBS way before Prison U....  Attendance is key and you know very well that LU out does the SLC in almost every sport...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics