Disrespect for Central

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="685694" timestamp="1256480882"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=61294.msg685688#msg685688 date=1256480425]
I am by no means an expert, but I had them not making the playoffs.

[size=18pt]MY BAD!!!![/size]
[/quote]OMG!!! :o :o  Grad, say it wasn't so!!!   ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Yeah, I blew this one big time.  Had PNG 4th, Central 5th.  Had Lumberton taking the district and Nederland 2nd.

So much for predictions!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Jags making the playoffs, just not winning district.

Soulja, this chip you are carrying on your shoulders for your Jags is getting pretty big. Every team has it's naysayers. If any team around here has a gripe about not getting any respect, it should be PNG. Most folks, including myself, had them not making the playoffs this season.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="685728" timestamp="1256483371"]

Soulja, this chip you are carrying on your shoulders for your Jags is getting pretty big. Every team has it's naysayers. If any team around here has a gripe about not getting any respect, it should be PNG. Most folks, including myself, had them not making the playoffs this season.
[/quote]I was picking with you AAW for the last few weeks on you picking against Central. 

It's really no big chip on my shoulder.  That's why you see me on several threads that talk about rankings and why Central is so low.  I'll respond with 'No Comment'.  Because us Jag fans along with our players are used to it.  You know, like last year when we were picked against our whole playoff venture last year.  I'm in reference that make comments like 'well, they are fast, but have no discipline'.  I have asked several times what that meant and never got a response. 

The point of this thread is for the doubters to eat their words. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="685755" timestamp="1256488154"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61294.msg685728#msg685728 date=1256483371]

[/quote][b]I was picking with you AAW for the last few weeks on you picking against Central[/b]. 

It's really no big chip on my shoulder.  That's why you see me on several threads that talk about rankings and why Central is so low.  I'll respond with 'No Comment'.  Because us Jag fans along with our players are used to it.  You know, like last year when we were picked against our whole playoff venture last year.  I'm in reference that make comments like 'well, they are fast, but have no discipline'.  I have asked several times what that meant and never got a response. 

[/quote]

I'm not understanding what you mean by me picking against the Jags the last few weeks. The last time I picked against the Jags was when the played Vidor in the opening district game. Since then (5 weeks now) I have taken the Jags to win in their games.

Soulja, please explain what you are meaning by that statement.

[quote name="outanup" post="685742" timestamp="1256485455"]
Gotta agree with AAW on this one. Central is undefeated in district play, they have my respect. Beat PNG in two weeks, and everyone will follow suit. Hey Soulja, u been drinkin Coop's WHINE ?
[/quote]I'm not whining.  I don't drink 'whine'.  Have you taken time to read my signature? 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="685762" timestamp="1256489233"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=61294.msg685755#msg685755 date=1256488154]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61294.msg685728#msg685728 date=1256483371]

[/quote][b]I was picking with you AAW for the last few weeks on you picking against Central[/b]. 

[/quote]

I'm not understanding what you mean by me picking against the Jags the last few weeks. The last time I picked against the Jags was when the played Vidor in the opening district game. Since then (5 weeks now) I have taken the Jags to win in their games.

Soulja, please explain what you are meaning by that statement.
[/quote]I guess I was bent on giving you a hard time for picking Vidor over us.  That's why I gave you a hard time at Hamburger Depot and in the Monday show as well.  Just picking on ya.  

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="685182" timestamp="1256411766"]
All the experts that didn't give respect for Central for our deep run last year and came in this year to not only consider us contenders, but not even pick us to make the playoffs, what do you have to say now?  We have clinched a playoff spot and possibly be playing for a district title.  I told you that the kids took it personal.  What do you have to say now?  (you know who you are!)
[/quote]

Season it not over yet. Thats all I have to say. It all abou the playoffs

Actually the Indians have gotten all the respect.  New coach from a none playoff team in the previous year got early respect to turn around in district... Then they play a challenging 4A schedule and jump into the top fifteen.  The Jags play a challenging 5A schedule and still are not really noticed.  I have only seen one major poll with the Jags in the top twentyfive.  PNG has all the respect, Jags have none... But who cares... Respect is earned not given.

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="685930" timestamp="1256505567"]
How could you possibly think Central is disrespected, the Beaumont Enterprise has you ranked 2nd. 
That's one spot ahead of your only lose, Westbrook. 
That also puts you behind your second lose, #1PNG. 

See you at the Babe - An Indians win be the last thing your score board ever shows. 
[/quote]What's that other Jag poster's signature? 

'Pain, suffering, and humiliation for 4 quarters.  Let's do it to 'em, Jags'.  Wow!  Sounds like what we did to "em" (Indians) last year.  ;D ;D

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="685970" timestamp="1256507851"]
Actually the Indians have gotten all the respect.  New coach from a none playoff team in the previous year got early respect to turn around in district... Then they play a challenging 4A schedule and jump into the top fifteen.  The Jags play a challenging 5A schedule and still are not really noticed.  I have only seen one major poll with the Jags in the top twentyfive.  PNG has all the respect, Jags have none... But who cares... Respect is earned not given.
[/quote]Yes.  Memorial and Galveston Ball are 5a teams that have punched their playoff tickets.  

[quote name="Ranger83" post="686021" timestamp="1256511174"]
What "neutral" site would GCM and Central opt for? Nothing really "in between" the two schools. Maybe Dayton? Any thoughts?
[/quote]
well thats the same question I have been having. What would be a neutral site ? BH, Dayton, Crosby and GCM. But if you feel your team is good enough you shouldn't be concerned. They should be able to go into any stadium and beat who they are playing. My feelings are I hope that whatever stadium PNG plays at that it will be large enough for the fans !

[quote name="pngfan66" post="686028" timestamp="1256511532"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61294.msg686021#msg686021 date=1256511174]
What "neutral" site would GCM and Central opt for? Nothing really "in between" the two schools. Maybe Dayton? Any thoughts?
[/quote]
well thats the same question I have been having. What would be a neutral site ? BH, Dayton, Crosby and GCM. But if you feel your team is good enough you shouldn't be concerned. They should be able to go into any stadium and beat who they are playing. My feelings are I hope that whatever stadium PNG plays at that it will be large enough for the fans !
[/quote]Deer Park Stadium, Galena Park, Aldine's Thorn Stadium...  Although they are not quite what you call neutral, they will be fine.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="686040" timestamp="1256512296"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61294.msg686028#msg686028 date=1256511532]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61294.msg686021#msg686021 date=1256511174]
[/quote]
[/quote]Deer Park Stadium, Galena Park, Aldine's Thorn Stadium...  Although they are not quite what you call neutral, they will be fine.
[/quote]
Galena Park is nice ! I haven't been to the other stadiums yet. I believe any of our local teams that make the playoffs are good enough to go anywhere and win !!!!

[quote name="pngfan66" post="686030" timestamp="1256511676"]
Souja I believe that neither [b]Central nor PNG are in Dave Campbells top 25. [/b] I could be wrong as of today, but I beleive that his poll last week didn't show any of us in there. I think he likes to hate on this area for some reason.
[/quote]No Comment... :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder