Disrespect for Central

All the experts that didn't give respect for Central for our deep run last year and came in this year to not only consider us contenders, but not even pick us to make the playoffs, what do you have to say now?  We have clinched a playoff spot and possibly be playing for a district title.  I told you that the kids took it personal.  What do you have to say now?  (you know who you are!)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="685182" timestamp="1256411766"]
All the experts that didn't give respect for Central for our deep run last year and came in this year to not only consider us contenders, but not even pick us to make the playoffs, what do you have to say now?  We have clinched a playoff spot and possibly be playing for a district title.  I told you that the kids took it personal.  What do you have to say now?  (you know who you are!)
[/quote]Well, the kids have responded.

I understand what you are saying, and I hope I was not one of those guys.

But I have another question.  What about now?  The State Rankings at www.texashsfootball.com are the most comprehensive that I have found.  PNG, Vidor and Lumberton all were highly ranked during Pre-District play and Central was nowhere in the Top 40 (not even anywhere in the Top 15 of the Region).  Central keeps winning...still no ranking.  And just last week do they break into the Top 40 at #35 only 3 spots ahead of Vidor.  

Maybe I am overly impressed with the team, but considering their playoff run last year and their impressive record this year versus a strong schedule, I am more than a little surprised to have them ranked so low.  Do you have any idea why?

Another question is why is Vidor been treated just the opposite this year on the site (you know I am a Vidor fan and not complaining).  But considering Vidor's history, you would think Central would be given more respect than Vidor.

It's just one of those things. I'm sure people will take notice this week (including www.texasfootball.com). Someone has to make mention of the Jags now. I was a "doubter" last season and I think those doubts were somewhat founded until late in the season when the Jags came together.
Since then, it's all just been a "wait and see" thing. I've waited and I've seen. The Jags are tough. Unfortunately, they still have to face a tough PN-G team as well. Even if they did break into the rankings, a loss to PN-G (not saying they will lose...) would just kick them back out. That's why rankings suck and mean very little at this level of play (no BCS here to contend with - it's all on the field). So, ranking or not, the Jags just need to keep on movin' and keep on winning. Not one of the naysayers puts on the cleats come Friday night. Just keep it rollin'.

I personally have not said anything negative about Central. I think anyone who may have doubted their success this year, would have been due to losing so many players and having a new coach. Generally, these two things thrown together mean big changes and brings on some chaos.

I'm happy for Central. Who is this thread directed towards?

Regardless of what Central did last year, alot of the so-called experts took in consideration Stowers leaving and only 3 returning lettermen.  But they didn't take in consideration the 4 deep run left a lasting impression on the kids.  There's pride and honor, even in the Hood so every time a Central steps on the field, they have to show and prove consistantly in order to get State-wide love.....

[quote name="SgtRey" post="685225" timestamp="1256414612"]
We interrupt this thread to bring you the following...

[move]WEST BROOK BEATS #17 PAM!!![/move]

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
You are stupid Rey Rey.  I called Coach Joe B. to congratulate him.....

No one shows this area respect, let alone Central, an inner city school.  That houston area dog us every chance they get.  A couple of  years ago, we played Houston Sterling and lost 42-37 (42-7 at halftime I believe).  I went to one of the radio station's website and they had the final score of 42-0 Sterling.  I sent a very harsh e-mail to them for that and let them know how I felt about that.  they replied and changed it, but I told them I will never visit their website again.  Houston Chronicle is so far up NS's behind, they think there is no football east of them.  

Central is used to it.  The only thing I say is to keep playing and keep winning and then you will earn respect.  This year, We are doing pretty darn good even though we are still low in the rankings.  Just keep winning is what I say.  All that matters is what you do in the playoffs anyway.  

[quote name="baddog" post="685218" timestamp="1256413872"]
I personally have not said anything negative about Central. I think anyone who may have doubted their success this year, would have been due to losing so many players and having a new coach. Generally, these two things thrown together mean big changes and brings on some chaos.

I'm happy for Central. Who is this thread directed towards?
[/quote]Directed to the 'Experts' in the media and also a few posters with sour grapes that called last year's run a 'fluke', along with other assinine comments....

[quote name="The GOAT" post="685356" timestamp="1256427697"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=61294.msg685225#msg685225 date=1256414612]
We interrupt this thread to bring you the following...

[move]WEST BROOK BEATS #17 PAM!!![/move]

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]I see you rey rey.

That's I would be doing if we would have WON!!!!!!! :'(
[/quote]

Ok, I'm done....great game either way....I'm proud of both teams they played there hearts out!! 8)

[quote name="bcjag09" post="685610" timestamp="1256446777"]
I think the biggest nay sayers were that ole sorry Dave Campbell magazine. Man i am still waiting for it to be @ least close. It picked Central to finish #5 in this 8 team district. wrong as usaual ;D
[/quote] CASE CLOSED!

BMTSoulja1, I don't see where you are coming from. Since the epic game with Vidor at the start of district, the folks on this board (the knowledgeable posters) have sat up and paid attention. I believe that the statewide publications initially didn't give much credence to Central due to the coaching swap and most of the letterman graduating. There are a few homers on this board that wanna talk smack, but that doesn't carry much weight. I believe Central and PNG will make some noise in the postseason. I'm looking forward to seeing y'all on the last game to wrap up district.

[quote name="shovelhead" post="685692" timestamp="1256480668"]
BMTSoulja1, I don't see where you are coming from. Since the epic game with Vidor at the start of district, the folks on this board (the knowledgeable posters) have sat up and paid attention. I believe that the statewide publications initially didn't give much credence to Central due to the coaching swap and most of the letterman graduating. There are a few homers on this board that wanna talk smack, but that doesn't carry much weight. I believe Central and PNG will make some noise in the postseason. I'm looking forward to seeing y'all on the last game to wrap up district.
[/quote]thats why I said 'they know who they are.  Its like....  when they say Central, they say speed this and speed that.  The new coach Washington have done a great Job and have won the coaching battle in every game we have played thus far.  My rant is 85% on the media.  There was a few posters that slide their sly remarks in when they can...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="685698" timestamp="1256481333"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=61294.msg685692#msg685692 date=1256480668]
[/quote]thats why I said 'they know who they are.  Its like....  when they say Central, they say speed this and speed that.  The new coach Washington have done a great Job and have won the coaching battle in every game we have played thus far.  My rant is 85% on the media.  There was a few posters that slide their sly remarks in when they can...
[/quote] :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder