*WO-S vs. BC/WO-S wins 29-15/Comments

[quote name="griff" post="686037" timestamp="1256512213"]
[quote author=33 link=topic=61239.msg686020#msg686020 date=1256511098]
funny how that when his team is in the wrong he's willing to defend them and bring in things i've said on a WHOLE different topic...
if people were slipping and slidding with their flag stuck into the ground mid field then you could use that thread to back you up, but the thing is that many teams did that just to have fun... WOS is the only team that i know of in SE Texas that goes to the mid field and wave their flag until the last second.
[/quote]

33, you are a walking paradox.  What's really the issue here is that you've run out of things to talk about because BC lost.  You're mad about the loss and this is your way of venting the frustration - by changing the subject of losing the game and attempting to insult WO-S.  Almost every school represented on this message board has one, or at least one, fan that embarrasses himself/herself with senseless comments and ranting.  Us WO-S fans have, regrettably, two "all stars" at this position.  You've filled that role perfectly for your school.  Stop now while you can.  You'll look smarter for it.    
[/quote]

im not embarrassed from any predictions i've made. with silsbee i thought we were going to win by 1 TD, and they beat us by 1.... with WOS i thought we were going to win by 2 possessions and WOS beat us by 2 possesions. my predictions were wrong but i was having faith in my teams ability. they have the ability to beat ANY team in our district! and i still firmly believe that! and if i was the only person that thought this was disrespectful then i MAY have taken what you said into consideration.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="griff" post="686037" timestamp="1256512213"]
funny how that when his team is in the wrong he's willing to defend them and bring in things i've said on a WHOLE different topic...
if people were slipping and slidding with their flag stuck into the ground mid field then you could use that thread to back you up, but the thing is that many teams did that just to have fun... WOS is the only team that i know of in SE Texas that goes to the mid field and wave their flag until the last second.
[/quote]

33, you are a walking paradox.  What's really the issue here is that you've run out of things to talk about because BC lost.  You're mad about the loss and this is your way of venting the frustration - by changing the subject of losing the game and attempting to insult WO-S.  [b]Almost every school represented on this message board has one, or at least one, fan that embarrasses himself/herself with senseless comments and ranting.  Us WO-S fans have, regrettably, two "all stars" at this position.[/b]  You've filled that role perfectly for your school.  Stop now while you can.  You'll look smarter for it.    
[/quote]

Great post Griff!!! Nail on the head!!

Can I guess who the couple of fans that you guys wish you didn't have? ;D

[quote name="RedBird5" post="686038" timestamp="1256512275"]
What TO did was disrespectful, like this.
[/quote]

And hypocrite #2 comes aboard.  I notice that you were also oblivious to the H-J folks yet now want to talk about DISRESPECT!!!

Believe me, I look forward to the next couple of years as this young Mustang team comes back with another year of experience under your belt.  

But that is for next year....as for the present....

[center][IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3812/43896636.jpg[/img][/center]

[size=18pt]HOW WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR CROW PREPARED, SIR?[/size]

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="686049" timestamp="1256512837"]
[/quote]

No, what is funny is that how that 2 weeks ago you were completely oblivious to the feelings of opposing fans when your players did something that they deemed disrespectful and even chided them and yet now you want to talk about that same subject with a COMPLETELY different point of view, calling actions by another team and their supporters WRONG and DISRESPECTFUL when the ONLY difference is what side you were on when the actions occurred.  There is nothing wrong about the flag as I didn't think there was anything wrong when Silsbee players and fans were slipping and sliding.  See my views are consistent.    

The only reason that you are doing so is that you can't crow about the victory that you had promised all of last week that never came, so now you are going to try and point to something else to take attention off of the fact that after the clock hit 0:00 in the 4th quarter that WO-S owned the scoreboard.  

Speaking of crow, I wasn't going to do this as I didn't think that a 14 point victory by a favorite (and say what you want, WO-S WAS the favorite) warrants this, but because of your inability to accept defeat and continued desire to nit picK...I think I will:

[size=18pt]HOW WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR CROW PREPARED, SIR![/size]
[/quote]

funny of how wrong you really are. As i've said, multiple teams were slipping and sliding that night, not only in highschool, but in the college and professional level! that was showing NO disrespect! it was just having a little fun! and of course you're not going to have a problem with the flag being waved for 5 minutes or so until the teams were about to come onto the field for the Kickoff! and i cant accept defeat? i do believe i have, i've congratulated WOS on the victory and talked about the game a little bit, and gave myself some time to think about if i felt this way out of frustration of the loss or if it was truly disrespectful, and if it was frustration it would have been gone Saturday morning.

what that flag carrier of WOS did / does is very disrespectful! it shows NO CLASS! every fan in the stands was fussing about the kid doing that! it's not just me and if you can sit there and say what WOS does with the flag carrier is respectful, for fun, shows class, etc. then there is no point in continuing this debate, because every fan in the Home stands was mad about it. if i was the only one then i wouldn't be saying anything...

No, see.  What this is all about is that you gave NO RESPECT to the feelings of disrespect that Hardin-Jefferson fans felt when Bridge City players were slipping and sliding in front of them, you made fun of them here...telling them to get over it.  Now, just two weeks later, you demand the same respect that you refused to give.  And when called on it, you try to rationalize it by the "oh, that was different, everybody does that."  

It is no different.  Whether it is kids sliding in the mud or running with a flag with their school colors, it is all the same...kids having fun while representing their school.  You had no problem with them having fun when it was players for the team that you support and the team you support had come out victorious.  But when your team is not and the actions are that of the opposing side....OH MY GOD!!!! CALL A INVESTIGATION...I'VE BEEN DISRESPECTED!!!

Classical hypocrisy...don't get mad because you were caught with your own words.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="686080" timestamp="1256514383"]
No, see.  What this is all about is that you gave NO RESPECT to the feelings of disrespect that Hardin-Jefferson fans felt when Bridge City players were slipping and sliding in front of them, you made fun of them here...telling them to get over it.  Now, just two weeks later, you demand the same respect that you refused to give.  And when called on it, you try to rationalize it by the "oh, that was different, everybody does that."  

It is no different.  Whether it is kids sliding in the mud or running with a flag with their school colors, it is all the same...kids having fun while representing their school.  You had no problem with them having fun when it was players for the team that you support and the team you support had come out victorious.  But when your team is not and the actions are that of the opposing side....OH MY GOD!!!! CALL A INVESTIGATION...I'VE BEEN DISRESPECTED!!!

Classical hypocrisy...don't get mad because you were caught with your own words.
[/quote]

Uh, what he said. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="686084" timestamp="1256514524"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=61239.msg686080#msg686080 date=1256514383]

[/quote]

Uh, what he said. ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="RedBird5" post="686094" timestamp="1256514935"]
I'm deffinatly not demanding respect, I know WOS people think they are the greatest( that's why they start out ranked in the top 5 every year and end up in the 20's)
[/quote]

Which is still a lot higher than BC usually ends up ranked.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="686080" timestamp="1256514383"]

[/quote]

it has NOTHING to do with me demanding respect because they did that.
i "demanded" respect for BC since the scrimmages!
When you have coaches and players on all levels of play rolling around in the mud after a game having fun vs. a SINGLE team that has their flag carrier run straight to the middle of the field and wave their school flag on an away team's field. you cant call that the same thing! one action is to have fun and the other is to show "dominance".

if an away team's flag carrier and / or players ran to the middle of WOS's field and did this very same thing you'd have a problem with it! but because it's WOS there's nothing wrong with it?

[quote name="33" post="686098" timestamp="1256515106"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=61239.msg686080#msg686080 date=1256514383]

[/quote]

it has NOTHING to do with me demanding respect because they did that.
i "demanded" respect for BC since the scrimmages!
When you have coaches and players on all levels of play rolling around in the mud after a game having fun vs. a SINGLE team that has their flag carrier run straight to the middle of the field and wave their school flag on an away team's field. you cant call that the same thing! one action is to have fun and the other is to show "dominance".

if an away team's flag carrier and / or players ran to the middle of WOS's field and did this very same thing you'd have a problem with it! but because it's WOS there's nothing wrong with it?
[/quote]

Wrong.  The flag in the middle of the field is not a WO-S original.  It was done to us in a playoff game...I want to say LaMarque did it and trounced us in the game.  Were we in the stands muttering that it was disrespectful?  No!  We thought it looked cool and adopted it!

It is the same thing, you know it and everyone else does and you're trying to wiggle out of it is of no use.

[quote name="RedBird5" post="686102" timestamp="1256515215"]
But you never hear our fans " This is the year to win state".
[/quote]

Why not? You have had some real good teams recently and you can't say that y'all didn't have an expectation of state. 

Yes, we do expect the Mustangs to take a state championship...that should be the goal of every team.  If not, then what are you doing on the field?

[quote name="RedBird5" post="686115" timestamp="1256515935"]
alright guys, Im gonna take a rest..Go Angels.
[/quote]

Sorry, we gonna argue about that one, too.  GO YANKS!  Nothing against you on that one...rb5...dad is a longtime Yanks fan, so I kinda grew up on it.

[quote name="td" post="686173" timestamp="1256520080"]
[quote author=RedBird5 link=topic=61239.msg686102#msg686102 date=1256515215]
[/quote]

Oh yes we do, it's just in baseball and not football.
[/quote]

:o :o :o

[quote name="td" post="686173" timestamp="1256520080"]
[quote author=RedBird5 link=topic=61239.msg686102#msg686102 date=1256515215]
[/quote]

Oh yes we do, it's just in baseball and not football.
[/quote]

OH SNAP!!!  +1 for you td!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder