*WO-S vs. BC/WO-S wins 29-15/Comments

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="684615" timestamp="1256355969"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=61239.msg684585#msg684585 date=1256354946]
Sneaked over to watch BC and WOS.

Both teams imo were pretty solid. Both teams a real solid running game, WOS just ran those screens with that speed to open it up.
[/quote] WOS had 5-6 Starters out with injury!!
[/quote]

WOS hasn't had much luck, but they keep winning, if it's not injuries it's the weather slowing this team down.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, BC has players that will make them very competitive in years to come (#12, #2, & #24).  Their game vs OF will be their chance to get into the playoffs this year, and I think they can do it.  Coach Stump certainly has made a positive impact on that program, and I wish them luck.  I predicted a 4 TD spread by WOS, and I think it could have been one had the WOS offense played aggressive in the 4th quarter.  Kuddos to BC defense though.  WOS' defense struggled to stop BC, and if wasn't for WOS' big plays and explosive offense in the first half, it would have been closer.  The last WOS drive of the 4th quarter was conservative and well-controlled.  WOS still has room to improve if they want to do anything in the playoffs.  Hopefully, their injured players will return soon.  Huge game for BC next week!

I thought their replacements played well. The Sophomore nose guard was blowing the BC center up all night. He is a good one. I also thought that Mitchell looked better running the ball this week. What's wrong with Lindsey? This was the second week he was dressed out, but didn't play. He looked like he was in pain walking around on the sideline.

Guest GoStangs
[quote name="venom33" post="684609" timestamp="1256355861"]
bc didnt look too shabby!

i have a question, was the last td bc scored in desperation to make the score look better or did it have to do with total points(if it matters) and a possible tie for third spot?
[/quote]

I think it was just to play the full 48 minutes.  The point differential in this game won't matter unless they get in a tie with WOS and another team.  I don't see that happening, but I guess anything is possible.

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="684678" timestamp="1256358116"]
First off, BC has players that will make them very competitive in years to come (#12, #2, & #24).  Their game vs OF will be their chance to get into the playoffs this year, and I think they can do it.  Coach Stump certainly has made a positive impact on that program, and I wish them luck.  I predicted a 4 TD spread by WOS, and I think it could have been one had the WOS offense played aggressive in the 4th quarter.  Kuddos to BC defense though.  [b]WOS' defense struggled to stop BC[/b], and if wasn't for WOS' big plays and explosive offense in the first half, it would have been closer.  The last WOS drive of the 4th quarter was conservative and well-controlled.  WOS still has room to improve if they want to do anything in the playoffs.  Hopefully, their injured players will return soon.  Huge game for BC next week!
[/quote]

i think they scored on their first or second drive and didnt score again until the last minute of the game with the help of a personal penalty. when did we struggle?

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="orangecoog" post="684523" timestamp="1256353091"]
The domination continues. Getting good experience for a playoff run.
[/quote]

Sorry but I don't see a playoff run for any of the 21 3A playoff teams. Just not our year IMO. I hope I am wrong.

WOS played well tonight actually both teams did!!! The stangs ran a few different offenses tonight also...On our first drive we looked flat out unstoppable! And then we ran the power eye all the way down field in the second half for a score! Stephen cook is a monster at running back just plows through guys! I am seeing improvement every week with our offense! Defense still looked great! My hat is off to the bc running back #12... he ran hard all night! Good game both teams!!! Keep working stangs were almost where we wanna be!!!!

with (5) starters out i was still pleased with the team play lastnight it is starting to come togather  each week and toby said stick around this is just the start of things to come.the mustangs are a very young team and i can only see things getting better for them

[quote name="the-riot07" post="684810" timestamp="1256365862"]
WOS played well tonight actually both teams did!!! The stangs ran a few different offenses tonight also...On our first drive we looked flat out unstoppable! And then we ran the power eye all the way down field in the second half for a score! Stephen cook is a monster at running back just plows through guys! I am seeing improvement every week with our offense! Defense still looked great! My hat is off to the bc running back #12... he ran hard all night! Good game both teams!!! Keep working stangs were almost where we wanna be!!!!
[/quote]  you stole my thunder.  for years i have wanted to see WOS use a real big running back.  #36 Stephen Cook,  6`1, 233 lbs.  he gives WOS  a new look for sure.  this "MAN" is a "LOAD".  (Bridge City will be in the playoffs this year, next year and the year after that.)

[quote name="speveto" post="684912" timestamp="1256393408"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=61239.msg684810#msg684810 date=1256365862]
[/quote]   you stole my thunder.  for years i have wanted to see WOS use a real big running back.  #36 Stephen Cook,  6`1, 233 lbs.  he gives WOS  a new look for sure.  this "MAN" is a "LOAD".  (Bridge City will be in the playoffs this year, next year and the year after that.)
[/quote]

is he a jr or sr?

[quote name="skipper" post="684890" timestamp="1256391134"]
has enyone seen  33. i was told he left at hafetime :) :) :) :) :)
[/quote]

actually i didn't leave till after the game. the reason i just woke up. lol
it was a great game last night. a few flags thrown that were questionable so that kinda got me all worked up lol
WOS was the better team last night, congratz on the win. BC is a good football team and i can see them taking the 3rd spot in district to make the playoffs.
from what i can remember at this time there was only ONE BIG play that BC HAS to get rid of. You cant break down on the kick off and allow a team to run to your own 10 for an easy 1 or 2 play TD drive! that was ridiculous. it was a great hard fought game both sides. keep up the good work to both teams! mainly BC though! lol

oh, and sorry OF, i cant be a fan of yall this week. YALL ARE GOING DOWN! lol

[quote name="bleed orange" post="684717" timestamp="1256359572"]
[quote author=orangecoog link=topic=61239.msg684523#msg684523 date=1256353091]
The domination continues. Getting good experience for a playoff run.
[/quote]

Sorry but I don't see a playoff run for any of the 21 3A playoff teams. Just not our year IMO. I hope I am wrong.
[/quote] SILSEE WiLL MAKE A DEEP PLAYOFF RUN, AND WOS WILL TOO. IT IS TIME FOR WOS FANS TO REALIZE GOING UNDEFEATED IN THE REGULAR SEASON DOES GAURANTEE YOU A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I AM PREDICTING DEEP PLAYOFF RUNS FOR SILSBEE AND WOS.

[quote name="33" post="685001" timestamp="1256398948"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=61239.msg684890#msg684890 date=1256391134]
[/quote]

it was a great game last night. a few flags thrown that were questionable so that kinda got me all worked up lol
WOS was the better team last night, congratz on the win. BC is a good football team and i can see them taking the 3rd spot in district to make the playoffs.
from what i can remember at this time there was only ONE BIG play that BC HAS to get rid of. You cant break down on the kick off and allow a team to run to your own 10 for an easy 1 or 2 play TD drive! that was ridiculous. it was a great hard fought game both sides. keep up the good work to both teams! mainly BC though! lol

[/quote] BC will make the playoffs!

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="685039" timestamp="1256401912"]
[quote author=33 link=topic=61239.msg685001#msg685001 date=1256398948]
[/quote]

[/quote]

COOP! We agree on something for once! lol
;D

I liked what I saw last night for both teams. BC is night and day difference from last year. I believe they are young also. WOS looked good at certain times. Toby's playcalling last night was great as it has been all season. The difference is that the kids executed them much better. We still have a BUNCH to improve on, so hopefully we can use these next two weeks to further improve and hopefully gel as a team. Cook looked awesome at running back, but he is probably our most important defensive player. We cant use him all the time on offense. Great game, and good luck to the Cards on making a playoff appearance.

[quote name="33" post="685080" timestamp="1256403761"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=61239.msg685039#msg685039 date=1256401912]
[quote author=33 link=topic=61239.msg685001#msg685001 date=1256398948]
[/quote]

[/quote]

COOP! We agree on something for once! lol
;D
[/quote] BC is much improved and is young like WO-S, i know WO-S has 19 starters back next year not sure what BC has but they have some underclassmen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder