Which team has the best defense this season.

The Goat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best defense is the one that keeps opponents from scoring and allows your team the opportunity to win games.

Evadale gets little credit for their 7-0 record, but they have given up only 35 total points in those 7 games, only 7 in their four district games. They have four shut outs this season, three in district and 28 of the 35 points were given up to 2A schools 14 each in both games.

You may argue stength of competition, but you can't argue that the Rebel "D" has done its job for 7 games this season.

[quote name="injun" post="683148" timestamp="1256236670"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61176.msg683066#msg683066 date=1256231148]
OMG - Dare I say this but PN-G has been the best defense up to this point......
[/quote]  If you listen to Soulja just about everyone Central has played is better than us....
[/quote]It is what it is!  ;D ;D

[quote name="Headliner1" post="683224" timestamp="1256240591"]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=61176.msg683212#msg683212 date=1256239675]
HF has had the best defense so far this year.
[/quote]

hands down haha
[/quote]Lmao, You guys are wrong. Didn't they hold their last opponent to 62pts?

[quote name="The GOAT" post="683162" timestamp="1256237266"]
I don't  want to hear about rankings, I want to know why you/y'all think you have the best defense. What does your defense  do well in a particular situation, what's your personnel like. Can you count on your defense to bail the offense out in a close game. I want your opinion on your teams defense.
[/quote]

The Best Defense in SETX is WB!!  Two games 8 points(in SETX)...Oh, and those eight points we're to the Team tha BEAT #17 in the State PAM....

Sorry PA....clear skies tomorrow....even though we scored 33 in the mud bowl.

[quote name="Babyboi_Prettyboi" post="683598" timestamp="1256276045"]
You have to base a team defense on who thier opponents were not on home many PA they have. A lot of teams can play sorry teams and they never score so it may look as if that team defense is superior.
[/quote]I wanna here what you think of your teams defense, and why you think they're the best. If  your teams defense needed a stop to win the game could they do it.

Smh..I think Central has the best Defense..

IMO we are better than we play..When they start jelling and coming togther.I dont see anyone (including) play-offs scoreing more than 14 points..N im confident to put that aginst anybody in the state..(LT,Angelton,Lake Dallas,P.N.G :D) anybody..

Not cocky..Just Confidence

[quote name="stevieray" post="683824" timestamp="1256315316"]
Who has the best defense that you have played or seen this year...other than your own team.  
[/quote]
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Hard to say, BH held us to our lowest of 21. But in all honesty they really didn't stop us, we stopped ourselves. That has been the case against most teams we have played. Not many have stopped us we just were making some drive killing penalties earlier. The last couple of weeks we have really improved on it and the scores have shown it.

[quote name="D3zii" post="683816" timestamp="1256315091"]
Smh..I think Central has the best Defense..

IMO we are better than we play..When they start jelling and coming togther.I dont see anyone (including) play-offs scoreing more than 14 points..N im confident to put that aginst anybody in the state..([size=16pt][u][b]LT[/b][/u][/size],Angelton,Lake Dallas,P.N.G :D) anybody..

Not cocky..Just Confidence
[/quote]

I'd like to see ANYBODY hold them to 14.

[quote name="twincityindian" post="683144" timestamp="1256236516"]
wow and we demolished Crosby held them to 7 points
[/quote]these rankings are by district scores..... Crosby is a different team since they played PNG!!!! moved some people around, and they are now coached up and have been playing some good football! Crosby has a tendency to start slow and finish strong....EX last year got beat by PNG early, then destroyed Lumberton, your district champs in the first round of playoffs.......

I truly know that if it came down to having to stop a team for a win that PNG would be right in there in the top 3 defenses. Defenses win Championships. PNG just held Lumberton to 6 points. approx 20 yards rushing. I know lumberton is 1-4 but they are a good young team. They have a good passing attack. PNG held Vidor to 13 points, they were a majority rushing team. Lumberton was more balanced, but passed alot. So I would have to go with PNG right now in local 4A. WB in 5A. The PNG and Central game will prove who has the better D in 20-4A. If this game turns out to be what its made out to be in 2 weeks, ESPN needs to be there !!!!! lol

[quote name="pngfan66" post="686039" timestamp="1256512287"]
I truly know that if it came down to having to stop a team for a win that PNG would be right in there in the top 3 defenses. Defenses win Championships. PNG just held Lumberton to 6 points. approx 20 yards rushing. I know lumberton is 1-4 but they are a good young team. They have a good passing attack. PNG held Vidor to 13 points, they were a majority rushing team. Lumberton was more balanced, but passed alot. So I would have to go with PNG right now in local 4A. WB in 5A. The PNG and Central game will prove who has the better D in 20-4A. If this game turns out to be what its made out to be in 2 weeks, ESPN needs to be there !!!!! lol
[/quote]I give PN-G big props for the low scores allowed, thumbs up!!!

[quote name="bcjag09" post="686107" timestamp="1256515644"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61176.msg686039#msg686039 date=1256512287]
[/quote]
thank you PN-G has been playing great d, but i have so much respect for central and i think it will be a game remembered for a long time good luck to you guys on a great season!!!!!

[quote name="indianforever" post="686111" timestamp="1256515800"]
[quote author=bcjag09 link=topic=61176.msg686107#msg686107 date=1256515644]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61176.msg686039#msg686039 date=1256512287]
[/quote]
thank you PN-G has been playing great d, but i have so much respect for central and i think it will be a game remembered for a long time good luck to you guys on a great season!!!!!
[/quote] :) I give credit where it's due. Y'all pretty stingy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder