• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOS POST HAS ALOT OF BODY TOO HIM

AND HE IS QUICK FOR HIS SIZE

THERE POINT GAURD WILL HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL

THEY WILL PRESS MAN TO MAN AGAIN THIS YEAR ALL FOUR QUARTERS

IF ORANGEFIELD CAN HANDLE THE MAN TO MAN PRESS FULL COURT THEN THEY MIGHT BE THEM

I DONT THINK THE BOBCATS CAN THOUGH

FORCED TURNOVERS

They have a new. coach.  How do you have any idea what they will run.  He was very successful in North Carolina, but wasn't able to get here until the end of the summer. 

If they do run the man press, OF handled it ok last year.  They did take them to a play-in game and return 7 letterman, including three all district and one all region player.  They could be a very good team this year if they can play as a team. 

Deepest group we have had in the last several years.  Other than losing Angelle we have everyone coming back including our post who was out all last season due to a football injury.  I still think that WOS is the biggest unknown as they looked to have a couple of shooters that have developed this summer.  Overall I think every team has some questions, from outside shooting to the post each team will have its challenges.  I think the district is wide open and the team that comes out on top is going to be the one that can protect home and steal a couple on the road.  Predict a play in game for someone at the end.

I still believe the district belongs to Silsbee and H-J with Orangefield and WOS fighting for 3rd.  On paper I would lean towards the Tiger's.  If they can adjust to a new style of play, they could be very good.  They should be able to dominate the boards.  But  with that  said,  I would have favored  them last year as well and even though we beat H-J 2 out  3 times, we still had to share the district title. They are always ready when district rolls around.  I can't wait for it all to start.  Hopefully everyone will remain healthy and the district race should be fun for all.

I still believe the district belongs to Silsbee and H-J with Orangefield and WOS fighting for 3rd.  On paper I would lean towards the Tiger's.  If they can adjust to a new style of play, they could be very good.  They should be able to dominate the boards.  But  with that  said,  I would have favored  them last year as well and even though we beat H-J 2 out  3 times, we still had to share the district title. They are always ready when district rolls around.  I can't wait for it all to start.  Hopefully everyone will remain healthy and the district race should be fun for all.

How will Silsbee be at handling the press since their guards will be inexperienced?

How will Silsbee be at handling the press since their guards will be inexperienced?

I don't believe in that theory and this is from personal experiences. I played varsity as a freshman pg in Houston and even though I was playing against more mature players, I got pumped up when teams tried to press. Players need to realize or coached that it is a challenge and privilege to *break down* the older guys. Its 95% mental and 5% skill set.

Guest stevenash

I don't believe in that theory and this is from personal experiences. I played varsity as a freshman pg in Houston and even though I was playing against more mature players, I got pumped up when teams tried to press. Players need to realize or coached that it is a challenge and privilege to *break down* the older guys. Its 95% mental and 5% skill set.

Wonderful (and probably accurate) theory.  However, the 95/5 theory probably is not fully realized and appreciated by a high school kid but rather a few years later.

I still believe the district belongs to Silsbee and H-J with Orangefield and WOS fighting for 3rd.  On paper I would lean towards the Tiger's.  If they can adjust to a new style of play, they could be very good.  They should be able to dominate the boards.  But  with that  said,  I would have favored  them last year as well and even though we beat H-J 2 out  3 times, we still had to share the district title. They are always ready when district rolls around.  I can't wait for it all to start.  Hopefully everyone will remain healthy and the district race should be fun for all.

Wonderful (and probably accurate) theory.  However, the 95/5 theory probably is not fully realized and appreciated by a high school kid but rather a few years later.

What da h$#@ll? Me and Stevie agreeing on something. Actually let me explain the 95% remark. It consists of not so much a conscious awareness, but more so being so scared at a young age that you let your athletic ability take over. Actually as a senior you then begin to realize your comfortable with what your doing. By college you realize "you didn't know jack."

Actually the Tiger starting guards will have plenty of experience as both of them started several games last year.  They should be Pheal Hill and Prentice Lane.  Actually all 5 of the predicted starters started at least several games for the Tigers last year.  Yes,  they will greatly miss Shannon, Nick, Brady, and the other seniors but this group should be more than OK.  However, you never know until they start playing.

Actually the Tiger starting guards will have plenty of experience as both of them started several games last year.  They should be Pheal Hill and Prentice Lane.  Actually all 5 of the predicted starters started at least several games for the Tigers last year.  Yes,  they will greatly miss Shannon, Nick, Grady, and the other seniors but this group should be more than OK.  However, you never know until they start playing.

I think you mean Brady....

Actually the Tiger starting guards will have plenty of experience as both of them started several games last year.  They should be Pheal Hill and Prentice Lane.  Actually all 5 of the predicted starters started at least several games for the Tigers last year.  Yes,  they will greatly miss Shannon, Nick, Grady, and the other seniors but this group should be more than OK.  However, you never know until they start playing.

I think you mean Brady....

Yes, thanks was actually a typo but could not have hit a better letter haha.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476