Vidor At PN-G Predictions?

Guest spmorse1976

It would be hard to believe that Vidors defense is any better than anyone we've faced. We have a 2 headed monster and I don't think Vidor can stop both. I do think that Vidor is a good team and their offense is better than Livingston's, but the one thing that impresses me the most is that this coaching staff has had our boys PREPARED for every opponent we have faced. I believe our boys will come out fired up because 1- its homecoming, and 2- its against a good team and our coach will have them ready!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Jackthehammer. Our defense will even out with Vidor's offense. It comes down to our offense's ability to get through Vidor's defense, something that I believe we'll be able to do. In addition, the game is at Indian Stadium and there's nothing quite like the home field advantage the Reservation provides. However, there's always potential for Vidor to come with a few tricks up their sleeves.

I'm going with PN-G by a minimum of 10 points.

:)Coach Matthews will have the Pirates ready to go and prepared for the Indians.  This game will be a fight to the finish as the Pirates will not lay down for anybody.  Hopefully all the players will go home without any serious injuries and we as fans will support both teams, win or lose.  Vidor vs PN-G is always a great game.  May the best team on Friday night win.  Good Luck to both teams.

Vidor is good, and I believe they will make the playoffs.  Congrats.  

BUT....Time to Wake Up.  PN-G is a COMPLETE football team.  You are about to play THE BEST defense in S E Texas.  As for the PN-G offense, I'll say it again, Pick your poison.  They will light up the scoreboard against the pirates.  

best defense? haha joke

OK PNG fans you are sounding a little over confident! You guys are good I can admit that now. That was an impressive win against Livingston. But every team is different and will match up differently against every other team. Vidor is good also and different than anyone you have played up till now. Our Defense is stepping up to equal our Offence. This is not the same D that played Central! Now I said that to say this. My prediction is a Blood and Guts battle to the end. Last team with the ball wins!!!!!! :o

Lets not get carried away!

Its nice to be winning again, lets act like we have been here before! ....

No blow out here....this game could go either way....we'll just see which team is ready for the stage on Friday!!!

BUT....Time to Wake Up.  PN-G is a COMPLETE football team.  You are about to play THE BEST defense in S E Texas.  As for the PN-G offense, I'll say it again, Pick your poison.  They will light up the scoreboard against the pirates.  

best defense? haha joke

No joke. Real Deal! The BEST defense in S.E. Texas. Watch on Friday night and come Saturday morning, tell us we are wrong!

best defense? haha joke

best defense? haha joke In your best Sling Blade voice right?

PN-G threads really bring out the IQ challenged.

Best defense means nothing. In my years as a Pirate, we had the best defense, I believe 3 years in a row. What was the records? 4-7, 6-4, 6-4. I'm not going to be one to say PNG isn't for real. As long as they have 11 players minimum, dressed..any team is for real. Impressive win over Livingston. But I do think they'll have a tough time with Vidor, Lumberton, and Central. If they don't, more power to them. I have no problem admitting another team is better.

This will be a good game. Those Pirates are conditioned. I firmly believe that's what makes their offense so effective (that and the benefit of having a committee of backs, with some misdirection thrown in). Other defenses wear out after 12+ play drives. And Vidor just doesn't let up.

Best defense means nothing. In my years as a Pirate, we had the best defense, I believe 3 years in a row. What was the records? 4-7, 6-4, 6-4. I'm not going to be one to say PNG isn't for real. As long as they have 11 players minimum, dressed..any team is for real. Impressive win over Livingston. But I do think they'll have a tough time with Vidor, Lumberton, and Central. If they don't, more power to them. I have no problem admitting another team is better.

This will be a good game. Those Pirates are conditioned. I firmly believe that's what makes their offense so effective (that and the benefit of having a committee of backs, with some misdirection thrown in). Other defenses wear out after 12+ play drives. And Vidor just doesn't let up.

the lions ran misdirections on the PN-G defense all night and it did not fool them one bit and by the way livingston has 2 very good backs

so u really gonna use the ozen game as something 2 go off of? please stop that. both teams are good but I'm secretly pulling 4 vidor......i just think its ridiculous 2 try an based yall games an what you gonna do 2 a team when u know its played on the field an not on paper. yall can b the paper champs if u want 2. o well we go through this every year.  GO JAGS!!!!!!!

just got back from livingston and for all you vidor fans, you are all in for a long night if all yall are going to do is run the ball cause it wont happen on that PN-G defense they have proved it all year long and i saw it first hand last night.

dang, what did you do walk there and back?

just got back from livingston and for all you vidor fans, you are all in for a long night if all yall are going to do is run the ball cause it wont happen on that PN-G defense they have proved it all year long and i saw it first hand last night.

no went sightseeing in the city sporting my PN-G hat ;)

This just in.....UIL sends coach Matthews an E-mail stating that Vidor and all the rest of the teams in the state of Texas will forfeit all remaining games. They will crown PNG state champs because they had an impressive win over Livingston and the #1 rated defense in 20-4A.

i figured those pirates would start crawfishing :D

you're definitely a braver man than i. it gets a little rough in places. glad you made it back. i predict that i don't have a clue who will win this game. every time i think i have it figured out, it comes out different. i suspect it will be a great game. who did vidor's schedule? we play everyone on their freakin homecoming. ???

you're definitely a braver man than i. it gets a little rough in places. glad you made it back. i predict that i don't have a clue who will win this game. every time i think i have it figured out, it comes out different. i suspect it will be a great game. who did vidor's schedule? we play everyone on their freakin homecoming. ???

i agree i think it will be a game remembered for a long time :)

it really sounds like to me the pirate fans on this thread are starting to get a little nervous now after all the trash they have been talking about PN-G ;)

The only trash being talked on this thread is some of the predictions by the png faithful. I think I saw one for us to get beat by over 30.Glad you all are under estimating us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833