*Lumberton vs. Central/Central wins 14-7/Comments

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended this game and note that i am neither a raider nor jaguar fan. Had this game been dry, the ltrain would have dominated. Im assuming they would have held onto the ball a bit better though  ::)

Surely you are kidding.   The slow field was an advantage for Lumberton.  Central would love a fast track.

I attended this game and note that i am neither a raider nor jaguar fan. Had this game been dry, the ltrain would have dominated. Im assuming they would have held onto the ball a bit better though  ::)

please, central has much more team speed than lumberton does

Well, here's my coulda woulda shoulda take on the game, you can take it or leave it Vidor Peerat. If L-Train coulda got over their fumblitis or at least recovered their own fumbles, they woulda in all likelyhood won, that being said, as many fumbles as we had/lost, I personally think Central shoulda stomped a hole in the Raiders tonight. I am really surprised Central didn't come away with at least 42 more points, give the Lumberton Defense some huge props for containing this game and never letting the Jags run away with it. On the other side, props to the Jags for jumping on all those fumbled balls. Both teams played well considering the greased pig they were trying to hang on to. Thank goodness, the penalties were pretty much at a minimum this week. The team that took the best care of the ball came away with the win, congratulations. On a side note, I think teams who commit penalties on purpose just to burn up a little more time should receive a loss of down as well as the negative yardage.

;) ;) ;)excuses,excuses!

mamma jag i think you could go to every thread about tonight's games no matter the team and find that the rain was not welcomed, i am not making excuses, i don't think i said  we would have won had there not been rain, cause i don't know what would have been the outcome, i think both teams played a good game. i am not going to get tacky here. if y'all want to turn this into another post like last week go ahead i have said what i came to say i am not going to step down to the level to post time and time again like some did, but i must say when things are said and my fellow raiders say something back i don't think its crying, i think its defending our boys and i know you would do the same for yours, now cant we all just say good game and congrats to central with out someone thinking they need to turn this into something ugly??

Well, here's my coulda woulda shoulda take on the game, you can take it or leave it Vidor Peerat. If L-Train coulda got over their fumblitis or at least recovered their own fumbles, they woulda in all likelyhood won, that being said, as many fumbles as we had/lost, I personally think Central shoulda stomped a hole in the Raiders tonight. I am really surprised Central didn't come away with at least 42 more points, give the Lumberton Defense some huge props for containing this game and never letting the Jags run away with it. On the other side, props to the Jags for jumping on all those fumbled balls. Both teams played well considering the greased pig they were trying to hang on to. Thank goodness, the penalties were pretty much at a minimum this week. The team that took the best care of the ball came away with the win, congratulations. On a side note, I think teams who commit penalties on purpose just to burn up a little more time should receive a loss of down as well as the negative yardage.

Why would you bring Vidor into this? We could care less if you make excuses as to why you lost to Central.. They may take offence to it.

i'm not the one with the coulda here man, he's the one saying that, i am simply countering his statement, i did not say a thing about the weather, all i said was that central has more team speed, please read more carefully before you criticize me

This was a sloppy game both ways.  Fumbles both ways.  I think Lumberton had good intents with the passing game, but they should have known that you will not complete those passes with the rain and the muddy weather.  Central wasn't thinking as well.  You will not be turning any corners in this weather.  You go straight north to south in these conditions.  It turned out that we were playing field position and relying on a Lumberton fumble.  The second score was fortunately taken 90+ yards for paydirt.  That big kid was moving!    Later in the game, the Zebras struck. After a back and forth second half plagued by fumbles and defensive stands, Central had the ball ready to run the clock out.  L-Train had 1 time out.  We got a big first down and was expecting L-Train to use their last TO.  All of a sudden, the chain gang stopped moving.  Looked to me that the chains got tangled, so they called an Official TO.  The Central fans then went ballistic!  I don't know if one of the Lumberton players or coaches sabotaged the chains or not ( Joke, of course  ;D ) but they had a discussion for about 15 minutes about something unknown, basically giving Lumberton a free time out.  They then added 7 seconds on the clock.  I do not understand this! 

All in all, ugly win, but a win regardless.  Play of the game was the #25 Daw with a big carry for a key first down in the second half where he got hit and he dragged the pile with him for about 10 extra yards.  This did not go unnoticed by the Central Congregation

On a side note, I'm laughing my butt off looking at the game on TV right now.  Every time Central Fumbles and when Lumberton scored, you hear the coaching staff in the press box with the announcers cursing.  I'm cracking up right now!  :D :D

Are you talking about Central?

and why is there always an excuse with some of you lumberton posters, can't you just say good game and quit whining???

Nobody is whining we all have said good game central! Both teams had fumble problems tonight and central converted on there turnovers more than lumberton. "Ya'll" everybody else keeps trying to stir the pot. Stay on your own post and give it a rest. AGAIN GOOD GAME CENTRAL

and why is there always an excuse with some of you lumberton posters, can't you just say good game and quit whining???

No one is whining.

Also, I know Lumberton is Vidor's Super Bowl and everything, but your Pirates did beat another team tonight so you might want to think about changing your signature to something else.  At it stands, it just looks like you're obsessed with Lumberton.

Soulja, you've got the bragging rights on me now until next year.  I just went back to the DVR to see the 95-yard return and wanted to throw up in my mouth.  Hughes couldn't of been closer to falling on that ball and preventing what turned out to be a fatal 14-point swing.  Props to your big boy for being able to pick it up and run the length of the field for 6.

Looks like it's PNG and Central's district to win, with Lumberton and Vidor closing out the top 4.  Nederland and Livingston could be right there as well, so it should be a fun race.

No one is whining.

Also, I know Lumberton is Vidor's Super Bowl and everything, but your Pirates did beat another team tonight so you might want to think about changing your signature to something else.  At it stands, it just looks like you're obsessed with Lumberton.

Soulja, you've got the bragging rights on me now until next year.  I just went back to the DVR to see the 95-yard return and wanted to throw up in my mouth.  Hughes couldn't of been closer to falling on that ball and preventing what turned out to be a fatal 14-point swing.  Props to your big boy for being able to pick it up and run the length of the field for 6.

Looks like it's PNG and Central's district to win, with Lumberton and Vidor closing out the top 4.  Nederland and Livingston could be right there as well, so it should be a fun race.

LB, it's been a long time comming.  You have had our number for a few years and it feels good to take down one of the better teams in this district.  Also, I was thinking  that our big boy was going to get caught from behind.  :D :D @ your throwing up in your mouth. 

WOW! What a game?  Talk about fumbles! Sloppy weather, I'm just glad it wasn't cold!  Lumberton's "D" is pretty darn good ........ I guess Central had a bad night on offense HUH! PIRATE FANS!  The reason for the REF conference is that after a 1st down the clock should stop until the chain gang has reset! And the clock kept rolling!

I hate to loose those kind of games and if anybody doesn't hate to loose then your just used to it! Hint!

Good GAME Central!  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder