Poll Question: Top Ten of ALL TIME - Texas High School Basketball Programs

Guest DickVitale

I agree that Buna's program has been down for the past several years, but the fact is they have 7 State Titles which includes 4 in a row from 1955-1958 and then three more in a row from 1961-1963. I think they have not made a playoff appearance since either 03 or 04, but they did have a regional final appearance in 02. You have put together a very impressive list, but Buna should be deserving of at least a #10 ranking. The 7 titles also ties them with PA Lincoln for second most all time, only behind Snook's 10.

Guest DickVitale

Thats a good point, but, not having made a state tournament trip since 1963? Thats quite a while, although their 7 titles were an amazing feat, I do not think you can compare them to PA Lincoln's...Buna won before integration, and although it was impressive, you must admit it was a lot different competition once integration began. Who would Buna replace on the list?

I understand your points, and to be honest, I do not know who you could take off in order to put Buna on. Every team on the list can make a very legitimate arguement on why they should stay. There are a couple of schools on the list who's history I am not familiar with, so until I do some research I will not suggest that they should be taken off. Now, first of all I agree that the level of competition and the way the game is played has changed drastically since integration, but if integration is going to be a factor in the process then perhaps there should be two totally different list. It is hard to say that one teams titles are more impressive than anothers just because of the era they played in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder