***SETXSPORTS.COM WEEK 6 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS***

forumbannerl.jpg

WEEK SIX HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS

5A/4A Poll

[table]

[tr]

[td]Rank    [/td]

[td]Team  [/td]

[td]

Record 

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Prev. 

[/td]

[td]Next Opponent[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Beaumont Central [7][/td]

[td]

4-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. #5 Lumberton[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Port Neches-Groves [2][/td]

[td]

5-0

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 at #9 Livingston[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Dayton [1][/td]

[td]

4-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 at #10 Crosby[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Vidor[/td]

[td]

4-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. Bmt. Ozen[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Lumberton[/td]

[td]

4-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 at #1 Central[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Port Arthur Memorial[/td]

[td]

3-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. G.P. North Shore[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Beaumont West Brook [/td]

[td]

2-3

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. Channelview[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Barbers Hill[/td]

[td]

4-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. G.C. Memorial[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Livingston[/td]

[td]

2-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. #2 PN-G[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Crosby[/td]

[td]

3-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

--

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. #3 Dayton[/td]

[/tr][/table]

Also receiving votes:  Little Cypress 5, Beaumont Ozen 1

3A/2A/1A/Privates Poll

[table]

[tr]

[td]Rank    [/td]

[td]Team  [/td]

[td]

Record 

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Prev. 

[/td]

[td]Next Opponent[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Newton [9]    [/td]

[td]

5-0

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. Woodville[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Jasper [1][/td]

[td]

4-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. Diboll[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]West Orange-Stark[/td]

[td]

4-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. #8 Silsbee[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Kirbyville[/td]

[td]

3-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 at Shelbyville[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Cleveland[/td]

[td]

4-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. Huffman[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Orangefield[/td]

[td]

3-2

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 at Hamshire-Fannett[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Evadale[/td]

[td]

5-0

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 at Burkeville[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Silsbee[/td]

[td]

1-4

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. #3 WO-S[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Coldspring[/td]

[td]

5-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

--

[/td]

[td]Oct. 9 vs. Tarkington[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Anahuac[/td]

[td]

5-1

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

--

[/td]

[td]Oct. 16 at East Chambers[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Also receiving votes:  Corrigan-Camden 12, Bridge City 12, Hardin-Jefferson 6, Beaumont Kelly 2

Evadale continues to get the snub in this poll.

Yes, the Rebels are a 1A school and the only 1A ranked, that I believe is the problem they have about moving up, none of their opponents are even listed on the page, so moving up is difficult.

Forget the fact that the other two 5-0 teams are #2 and #1 in the polls while the Rebels are #7, one better than last week (Thanks guys!)

I know this is just for fun and so we can talk about something all week, but if the arguement is that the Rebels don't play anybody and that they can't beat the teams ahead of them I must ask a question. Do the pollsters really think that the Rebels are a better team than Silsbee? The Tigers have lost two heartbreakers in the last moments of both games. I know the Rebels would take the field against the Tigers and give it all they had, but even I would be hard pressed to choose the Rebels.

My thing is how do you use the games and opponents to hold one team down while it does not hold another down or better yet cause one of three undefeated teams to be only #7. The AP has the Rebels as he #15 team in the state.

Still just wondering from Rebel Land! 

Yes, the Rebels are a 1A school and the only 1A ranked, that I believe is the problem they have about moving up, none of their opponents are even listed on the page, so moving up is difficult.

Forget the fact that the other two 5-0 teams are #2 and #1 in the polls while the Rebels are #7, one better than last week (Thanks guys!)

I know this is just for fun and so we can talk about something all week, but if the arguement is that the Rebels don't play anybody and that they can't beat the teams ahead of them I must ask a question. Do the pollsters really think that the Rebels are a better team than Silsbee? The Tigers have lost two heartbreakers in the last moments of both games. I know the Rebels would take the field against the Tigers and give it all they had, but even I would be hard pressed to choose the Rebels.

My thing is how do you use the games and opponents to hold one team down while it does not hold another down or better yet cause one of three undefeated teams to be only #7. The AP has the Rebels as he #15 team in the state.

Poll for the Evadale Fans

1A Poll in East Texas Districts of 19, 20, 23

1.  Alto

2.  Cayuga

3.  Teneha

4.  Evadale

5.  Joaquin

I guess the best way to explain it is that I now have better respect for the pollsters in how they treat schools from non-BCS conferences in the polls.  It is a tightrope when you are trying to balance teams from three (or four if you include the privates) different classifications.  It gets to who in the 6 ahead of them would you move behind them?  

As to its position vis a vis Silsbee, I would only say that Silsbee is one of those teams that we KNOW is better than their record indicates (I just hope that they wait another week to show it, LOL!). But even I will admit that another loss will have to make me think long and hard about keeping them in the polls.

I promised this last week and didn't get around to it.  Here are my Top 10's:

5A/4A

1.  Beaumont Central

2.  Dayton

3.  Port Neches-Groves

4.  Vidor

5.  Lumberton

6.  Port Arthur Memorial

7.  Beaumont West Brook

8.  Barbers Hill

9.  Crosby

10. Livingston

3A-Private

1.  Newton

2.  Jasper

3.  West Orange-Stark

4.  Kirbyville

5.  Cleveland

6.  Anahuac

7.  Evadale

8.  Orangefield

9.  Corrigan-Camden

10. Silsbee

I love how seriously you guys take posts on this. I said it in my post. I believe that while I know the Rebels would take the field agaist Silsbee (the team the pollsters placed one notch behind the Rebels) I really can't see them defeating them in a game. If they could this whole thing would really be turned upside down.

Maybe it would be a better poll if it was 3A-5A and Privates to 2A with three classes in each poll?

Maybe it would be better if there was a 4A-5A, a 3A-2A and a Private-1A poll?

Maybe it would be better if there was no poll...nah then I couldn't yang you guys chains.

I will be interested just where you put the Rebels if they run the table undefeated this season, but I guess I will just have to wait and see?

Seriously though, it's all good!

silsbee beats evadale by 30, these rankings are horrible, I mean come on now evadale ahead of silsbee.

In my opinion, you can't base the rankings on who you think would beat who. I would hope a solid 3A Silsbee would beat a 1A team. Just like West Brook beat Central, yet Central is ranked #1 and WB is way lower. It should be based on what the team has accomplished up to this point in the year.

When you vote the way you see fit you get guys voting with their heart and not with what has happened on the field. Some people here have agendas and it shows in their voting.

If the polls were a reflection of where the teams stand statewide within their respective classes then Evadale would be ranked a bit higher.  If I was going to rank them by how I think they stand statewide within their class I would rank them

1.  Newton (top 10 2A)

2.  Kirbyville (top 15 2A)

3.  Jasper  (top 15 3A)

4.  WO-S   (top 15 3A)

5.  Evadale (top 20 1A)

6.  Anahuac (top 30 2A)

7.  Cleveland (top 30 2A)

8.  Corrigan   (top 30 2A)

9.  Silsbee     (top 30 3A)

10. Coldspring   (top 40 3A)

If the polls were a reflection of where the teams stand statewide within their respective classes then Evadale would be ranked a bit higher.  If I was going to rank them by how I think they stand statewide within their class I would rank them

1.  Newton (top 10 2A)

3.  Jasper  (top 15 3A)

4.  WO-S   (top 15 3A)

5.  Evadale (top 20 1A)

6.  Anahuac (top 30 2A)

This is exactly what I have been talking about. I have no problem with Hupernikomen's Poll. I think it is as accurate as a SETX poll can be. Judge teams by how they take care of their business, not how they would stack up against other schools in other classifications.

Here is how I voted , top 5.

5A/4A:

1.   Dayton

2.   Central

3.   Vidor

4.   Westbrook

5.   Lumberton

3A-Privates

1. Newton

2. Jasper

3. WOS

4. Kirybville

5. Cleveland

No respect. I would have not expected anything more from a bitter Nederland fan.

Ok, PNG is good team, new coach and has beat Nederland and Ozen in district. Would they beat Dayton and Central? I can't see it at this point. Vidor took Central to the wire and beat a very good Lumberton team. Beat Livingston this week and PNG will be in my top 5.

Here is how I voted , top 5.

5A/4A:

1.   Dayton

2.   Central

3.   Vidor

4.   Westbrook

5.   Lumberton

3A-Privates

1. Newton

2. Jasper

3. WOS

4. Kirybville

5. Cleveland

No respect. I would have not expected anything more from a bitter Nederland fan.

Ok, PNG is good team, new coach and has beat Nederland and Ozen in district. Would they beat Dayton and Central? I can't see it at this point. Vidor took Central to the wire and beat a very good Lumberton team. Beat Livingston this week and PNG will be in my top 5.

I understand what you are saying, but it is flawed. Vidor, Central, and Lumberton all have been playing excellent football. Can you name me a signature win for any of them that exceeds anyone PN-G has beat besides beating each other? Why is West Brook not number 1? They beat Central and I think most would agree they would beat Vidor and Lumberton.

The way I see it PN-G has earned a top 5 spot by taking care of what they are supposed to. I would put them there and take them out if / when they lost. I think your top 5 is a good one, just not representable of what has happened to this date.

I love how seriously you guys take posts on this. I said it in my post. I believe that while I know the Rebels would take the field agaist Silsbee (the team the pollsters placed one notch behind the Rebels) I really can't see them defeating them in a game. If they could this whole thing would really be turned upside down.

Maybe it would be a better poll if it was 3A-5A and Privates to 2A with three classes in each poll?

Maybe it would be better if there was a 4A-5A, a 3A-2A and a Private-1A poll?

Maybe it would be better if there was no poll...nah then I couldn't yang you guys chains.

I will be interested just where you put the Rebels if they run the table undefeated this season, but I guess I will just have to wait and see?

Seriously though, it's all good!

Who are th Rebels?

I was really looking forward to the fan poll that a buddy posted to see what the fans thought week in week out.....but you guys deleted it for some reason.  You guys arent looking for a rival or what....geez.

I just saw that thread in the football forum. You sure it got deleted?

I was really looking forward to the fan poll that a buddy posted to see what the fans thought week in week out.....but you guys deleted it for some reason.  You guys arent looking for a rival or what....geez.

I just saw that thread in the football forum. You sure it got deleted?

It's back somehow now....but it was deleted

1.  Newton (top 10 2A)

3.  Jasper  (top 15 3A)

4.  WO-S   (top 15 3A)

5.  Evadale (top 20 1A)

6.  Anahuac (top 30 2A)

This is exactly what I have been talking about. I have no problem with Hupernikomen's Poll. I think it is as accurate as a SETX poll can be. Judge teams by how they take care of their business, not how they would stack up against other schools in other classifications.

Alright that is how I will do my 3A and Under poll each week.  4a/5a I will just rank head to head since it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder