Hup's Poll

An alternative poll to discuss while we wait on the experts to place their votes!

5A/4A        (Previous Rank)

1.  Dayton  (1)  Taking care of business.

2.  Central  (2)  LCM played them tough, but Central was too talented.

3.  Vidor      (3)  Huge win at Lumberton, it was a struggle.

4.  WB        (6)  (Should have byes more often)

5.  PNG      (5)  Showed some weakness against a struggling Ned. team

6.  Lum      (3)  Tough loss at home

7.  PAM      (7) 

8.  Liv.        (8)  Handled Ozen in Bea.

9.  BH        (9)  Unimpressive against Park

10. Crosby  (U)  Because it requires 10 to be top 10 and LCM, Ozen and Ned shouldn't be top 10 of anything at this point.

3A and Under

1.  Jasper  (1)  Lucky to beat Silsbee

2.  WO-S    (2)  Obliterated Royal

3.  Newton  (3)  Only Kirbyville stands in the way of perfect reg. season

4.  Kirbyville (4)  Just one decent game left on the schedule...until playoffs

5.  Cleveland(5)  Struggled with Liberty

6.  OF        (6)  Hoping for playoffs in this tough district, BC game will be huge

7.  BC        (8)  See above

8.  Silsbee  (9)  1-4 going into district probably be 5-5 going into playoffs. And  ......................probably best 1-4 team in the state.

9. Anahuac (U)  Very convincing win with some key players out

10. Evadale (7)  OT win against a HD team that hasn't impressed, but out of .......................respect for 5-0 record I will keep them in top 10.

An alternative poll to discuss while we wait on the experts to place their votes!

5A/4A        (Previous Rank)

1.  Dayton   (1)   Taking care of business.

2.  Central   (2)   LCM played them tough, but Central was too talented.

3.  Vidor      (3)   Huge win at Lumberton, it was a struggle.

4.  WB        (6)  (Should have byes more often)

5.  PNG       (5)   Showed some weakness against a struggling Ned. team

6.  Lum       (3)   Tough loss at home

7.  PAM       (7)   

8.  Liv.        (8)  Handled Ozen in Bea.

9.  BH         (9)  Unimpressive against Park

10. Crosby   (U)  Because it requires 10 to be top 10 and LCM, Ozen and Ned shouldn't be top 10 of anything at this point.

3A and Under

1.  Jasper   (1)  Lucky to beat Silsbee

2.  WO-S    (2)  Obliterated Royal

3.  Newton  (3)  Only Kirbyville stands in the way of perfect reg. season

4.  Kirbyville (4)  Just one decent game left on the schedule...until playoffs

5.  Cleveland(5)  Struggled with Liberty

6.  OF        (6)  Hoping for playoffs in this tough district, BC game will be huge

7.  BC        (8)  See above

8.  Silsbee  (9)  1-4 going into district probably be 5-5 going into playoffs. And  ......................probably best 1-4 team in the state.

9. Anahuac (U)  Very convincing win with some key players out

10. Evadale (7)  OT win against a HD team that hasn't impressed, but out of .......................respect for 5-0 record I will keep them in top 10.

Hmmm, might I ask what weakness you are referring to with PNG?  And you moved WB up 2 spots on a bye week?

PNG didn't exactly impress against a banged up Nederland team.  All in all it was a good win against a bitter rival though.  PNG beats vidor or central and then they will have me convinced.  JMHO.

What was the weakness though?  Your poll specifically mentions PNG has a weakness?  So what is it?  Is it the fact that PNG threw the ball for 270 yds?  Is it the fact that they wore the Ned. Defense down in the 2nd half with hard nose, north and south running by Harmon?  Is it the fact that PNG is now +12 in turnover margin? 

If you are going to make a blanket statement like that, you got to support it with some factual basis.

PNG didn't exactly impress against a banged up Nederland team.  All in all it was a good win against a bitter rival though.  PNG beats vidor or central and then they will have me convinced.  JMHO.

What was the weakness though?  Your poll specifically mentions PNG has a weakness?  So what is it?  Is it the fact that PNG threw the ball for 270 yds?  Is it the fact that they wore the Ned. Defense down in the 2nd half with hard nose, north and south running by Harmon?  Is it the fact that PNG is now +12 in turnover margin? 

If you are going to make a blanket statement like that, you got to support it with some factual basis.

1/2 half nederland controlled the game that is essentially what I was referring too.

I wasn't at the game and had to rely on what I read about it.

PNG and Ned posters were saying things like:

"Who said a deep playoff team? I just hope we get to the playoffs" PNG fan

"Dogs did outplay PNG. Turnovers hurt. Hopefully the bring the same intensity to the 2nd half.  Defense held Harmon to around 40 yards, including long run"

"IMO they've been wishy washy"  PNG fan

"We must play better all around if we expect to make the playoffs. I believe Faircloth knows that as he said we must play better...I was really disappointed by how undisciplined we played as a team. Must play better from here on out."  PNG fan

"This game could've turned ugly but PNG made several bone head mistakes." PNG fan

"The Indians will have to step it up to make the playoffs, they have the talent."  Ned fan

"If not for turnovers who knows what might happened..

Indians must stop killing ourself with penalties..."  PNG fan

I believe all of those statements to be honest assessments of PNG.  They are a solid team with work to do.  They have played a weak schedule to date and weren't overly impressive against a very short handed Nederland team.  Maybe my opinion is harsh but I will be the first to change it once PNG beats Central or Vidor.

Don't worry about it.  It's just the hup poll.  All the triangle gurus will have you ranked 2nd.

1/2 half nederland controlled the game that is essentially what I was referring too.

"Dogs did outplay PNG. Turnovers hurt. Hopefully the bring the same intensity to the 2nd half.  Defense held Harmon to around 40 yards, including long run"

"We must play better all around if we expect to make the playoffs. I believe Faircloth knows that as he said we must play better...I was really disappointed by how undisciplined we played as a team. Must play better from here on out."  PNG fan

"This game could've turned ugly but PNG made several bone head mistakes." PNG fan

"The Indians will have to step it up to make the playoffs, they have the talent."  Ned fan

Indians must stop killing ourself with penalties..."   PNG fan

I believe all of those statements to be honest assessments of PNG.  They are a solid team with work to do.  They have played a weak schedule to date and weren't overly impressive against a very short handed Nederland team.  Maybe my opinion is harsh but I will be the first to change it once PNG beats Central or Vidor.

Don't worry about it.  It's just the hup poll.  All the triangle gurus will have you ranked 2nd.

Hup, I'm not worried.  I know this is just your opinions.  It just seems like NO ONE in this area is giving PNG any credit whatsoever.

Hup, I'm not worried.  I know this is just your opinions.  It just seems like NO ONE in this area is giving PNG any credit whatsoever.

i agree we are not getting any respect, but we will

Guest KHS 89

Which seems to always be the case.  When the Indians win.... people always are quick to jump on the "refs were slanted towards PN-G", or "They have played a weak schedule".  It has happened every year I can remember. 

In 1999, everyone was quick to point out that as good as Long was... he wouldn't be able to carry a weak team deep in to the playoffs. Yet, they made it to the big dance. Even after hard fought wins, people said they didn't deserve to be there, were "Lucky" to be there and would be dismantled by Stephenville. The Indians have always been the team that people love to hate.   

IMO - PN-G needs to continue to execute the plays and improve on the penalties.  Focus on the task of winning a district title and not get drawn in to the hype (or lack thereof).

As a PN-G graduate....

When Dayton had their off week, I went and saw the PN-G vs Texas City game...

PN-G played a good game and should have clocked Texas City, but the overall team speed with PN-G is lacking.

Having seen the teams Dayton has played over the last few years, as the playoff rounds advance the teams you play have more and more speed.

That type of speed is not there with PN-G, and PN-G has played that type of caliber of team this year.

Just comparing the teams (saw Lumberton play Dayton in a scrimmage), Lumberton might have the edge in speed against PN-G.

Livingston will be the best team PN-G has played this year, but still not as good as Central.

Just keep winning and all things will take care of yourself... These polls are meaningless, the only thing that counts is to be playing football in December, polls won't make your team do that, tough work and hard play do.

Revised Hup poll. 3a and under will be based off of Relative Strength

1.  Newton (top 10 2A)

2.  Kirbyville (top 15 2A)

3.  Jasper (top 15 3A)

4.  WO-S   (top 15 3A)

5.  Evadale (top 20 1A)

6.  Anahuac (top 30 2A)

7.  Cleveland (top 30 2A)

8.  Corrigan  (top 30 2A)

9.  Silsbee    (top 30 3A)

10. Coldspring   (top 40 3A)

Having seen the teams Dayton has played over the last few years, as the playoff rounds advance the teams you play have more and more speed.

Purple, have you ever seen Katy play. They aren't very fast either, but they execute to perfection. I'm not calling us Katy BTW, but I'm just giving another side of speed doesn't always equal wins.

I think Hup is right about PNG.  They have yet to play any teams that are either good or playing well at the time PNG played them.  Fact is the only team with a winning record they have played is BH and everyone knows about the BH turnovers and PNG fans admit they were dominated in that game.  Even with several BH turnovers PNG only won by 1-point.   

Not considering BH, look at this:

PNG is undefeated.  There wins are:

Crosby who has 3 wins and 2 L.  Crosby's only wins were against bad teams, such as GCM, King-Park, and CE King.  PNG's best win so far.

Texas City who is down this year and has only won 1 game against a very bad alvin.

LCM who is 0-2 in district, 2-3 on year and only wins are against a 3-A cleveland (who is not living up to their hype) and Bridge City who is not good at all.

Nederland - well enough said.  One win this year against a waller team who has not won a game.

Make no mistake, PNG will NOT beat Lumberton, Vidor, or Central this year.  I'll bet you a shake on it and Hup will buy.....

Don't feel alone.  ;)

Purple, have you ever seen Katy play. They aren't very fast either, but they execute to perfection. I'm not calling us Katy BTW, but I'm just giving another side of speed doesn't always equal wins.

Katy is fast.

I think Hup is right about PNG.  They have yet to play any teams that are either good or playing well at the time PNG played them.  Fact is the only team with a winning record they have played is BH and everyone knows about the BH turnovers and PNG fans admit they were dominated in that game.  Even with several BH turnovers PNG only won by 1-point.   

Crosby who has 3 wins and 2 L.  Crosby's only wins were against bad teams, such as GCM, King-Park, and CE King.  PNG's best win so far.

Texas City who is down this year and has only won 1 game against a very bad alvin.

LCM who is 0-2 in district, 2-3 on year and only wins are against a 3-A cleveland (who is not living up to their hype) and Bridge City who is not good at all.

Nederland - well enough said.  One win this year against a waller team who has not won a game.

Make no mistake, PNG will NOT beat Lumberton, Vidor, or Central this year.  I'll bet you a shake on it and Hup will buy.....

lol BC who is no good at all?

funny

lol BC who is no good at all?

funny

Not only that, read his first statement.  BH89 claims that the only team that PNG has beaten with a winning record was Barbers Hill.  Then he proceeds to tell the whole world that Crosby has a 3-2 record.  I might be wrong here, but that seems like a winning record to me.

Oh, and as a side note, LC-M was 2-1 going into the game against PNG.  So, at the time we played them, they had a winning record as well.

And another side note, Texas City has played an extremely tough schedule.  Their losses include, Lamar Consolidated, PNG, Friendswood, and Santa Fe.  All of those games were pretty competitive so I don't think you can say TC is a bad team.

Katy is fast.

This year they might have the speed, but I lived in Katy for several years and my wife taught there. While I was there they won several state championships and runner up, and those years they had only a couple of fast kids. Next time, I'll be more specific for you Sgt. Rey.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics