Barbers Hill VS. Goose Creek Memorial Prediction

Guest Ranger83

BH will lose to both Dayton and Crosby.....Its game with GCM is proably a toss-up because they keep looking ahead...BH is not that good of a team to be looking ahead...Like Ranger83 said BH is way overrated....

No one in 19-4A is good enough to over-look anyone on the schedule. Just ask Dayton's starters who were still playing in the 4th quarter on Friday against North Forrest.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameover for the goose, 35 - 7 BH easy money

Overrate

verb overestimate, glorify, overvalue, oversell, make too much of, rate too highly, assess too highly, overpraise, exaggerate the worth of, overprize, think or expect too much of, think too highly of, attach to much importance to

Let me use the word in a sentence for you:

Barbers Hill football is overrated.

Are we ranked in any polls?  Not to my knowledge( maybe there is a poll that I haven't seen yet) so how are we over rated?  Is it because we've won a few games?  Or is it because some us get on this forum and try to sell our team, all in good fun.  I don't think any of us here at the Hill, that are SERIOUS fans, think that we have a powerhouse football team.  What we have, is a great group of kids that are working their butts off, they want to win and they are playing as a team.  I don't think any of us, have some idealistic view, that our team has turned into some kind of football gods. 

So again, how are we over rated?  If we were ranked in the top 10, then I'd say yes, we may be overrated...as far as I know, that isn't the case.

I'll take our hardworking, over achieving, good attitude kids, over super talented jerks any day...even if we never win a State Championship again.

Guest Ranger83

Overrate

verb overestimate, glorify, overvalue, oversell, make too much of, rate too highly, assess too highly, overpraise, exaggerate the worth of, overprize, think or expect too much of, think too highly of, attach to much importance to

Are we ranked in any polls?  Not to my knowledge( maybe there is a poll that I haven't seen yet) so how are we over rated?  Is it because we've won a few games?  Or is it because some us get on this forum and try to sell our team, all in good fun.  I don't think any of us here at the Hill, that are SERIOUS fans, think that we have a powerhouse football team.  What we have, is a great group of kids that are working their butts off, they want to win and they are playing as a team.  I don't think any of us, have some idealistic view, that our team has turned into some kind of football gods. 

So again, how are we over rated?  If we were ranked in the top 10, then I'd say yes, we may be overrated...as far as I know, that isn't the case.

I'll take our hardworking, over achieving, good attitude kids, over super talented jerks any day...even if we never win a State Championship again.

Sorry, wrong word.

I should have used the term Narcissism.

Excessive preoccupation with self and lack of empathy for others. Narcissism is the personality trait that features an exaggerated sense of the person's own importance and abilities. People with this trait believe themselves to be uniquely gifted and commonly engage in fantasies of fabulous success, power, or fame. Arrogant and egotistical, narcissistics are often snobs, defining themselves by their ability to associate with (or purchase the services of) the "best" people. They expect special treatment and concessions from others. Paradoxically, these individuals are generally insecure and have low self-esteem. They require considerable admiration from others and find it difficult to cope with criticism. Adversity or criticism may cause the narcissistic person to either counterattack in anger or withdraw socially. Because narcissistic individuals cannot cope with setbacks or failure, they often avoid risks and situations in which defeat is a possibility.

Another common characteristic of narcissistic individuals is envy and the expectation that others are envious as well. The self-aggrandizement and self-absorption of narcissistic individuals is accompanied by a pronounced lack of interest in and empathy for others. They expect people to be devoted to them but have no impulse to reciprocate, being unable to identify with the feelings of others or anticipate their needs. Narcissistic people often enter into relationships based on what other people can do for them.

Overrate

Sorry, wrong word.

I should have used the term Narcissism.

Excessive preoccupation with self and lack of empathy for others. Narcissism is the personality trait that features an exaggerated sense of the person's own importance and abilities. People with this trait believe themselves to be uniquely gifted and commonly engage in fantasies of fabulous success, power, or fame. Arrogant and egotistical, narcissistics are often snobs, defining themselves by their ability to associate with (or purchase the services of) the "best" people. They expect special treatment and concessions from others. Paradoxically, these individuals are generally insecure and have low self-esteem. They require considerable admiration from others and find it difficult to cope with criticism. Adversity or criticism may cause the narcissistic person to either counterattack in anger or withdraw socially. Because narcissistic individuals cannot cope with setbacks or failure, they often avoid risks and situations in which defeat is a possibility.

Another common characteristic of narcissistic individuals is envy and the expectation that others are envious as well. The self-aggrandizement and self-absorption of narcissistic individuals is accompanied by a pronounced lack of interest in and empathy for others. They expect people to be devoted to them but have no impulse to reciprocate, being unable to identify with the feelings of others or anticipate their needs. Narcissistic people often enter into relationships based on what other people can do for them.

Oh crap ! I'm  a narcissist .  ;D

Oh well, no longer in denial.  ;)

Overrate

Actually, I did see Barbers Hill ranked #1 in the latest Mt. Belvieu poll that came this morning.  ;D

Guest Ranger83

Overrate

Actually, I did see Barbers Hill ranked #1 in the latest Mt. Belvieu poll that came this morning.  ;D

How did the horses get though all that mud this morning?

Overrate

How did the horses get though all that mud this morning?

Very carefully.  ;)

Overrate

Very well worded . I agree with more than 100%

Guest Ranger83

Overrate

Very well worded . I agree with more than 100%

That's a statistical impossibility!

Oh I have a definition.

Loser - GCM  ;D

and

Pot Stirrer - Ranger83

Ya can stir all day Ranger ,but Friday you will be looking at another mark under the L column. At least you don't have to go far after the beat down ;D 8)

Guest Ranger83

Oh I have a definition.

Loser - GCM  ;D

and

Pot Stirrer - Ranger83

Ya can stir all day Ranger ,but Friday you will be looking at another mark under the L column. At least you don't have to go far after the beat down ;D 8)

We're rubber,you're glue.

Whatever you say bounces off us and sticks to you! :-*

Oh I have a definition.

Loser - GCM  ;D

and

Pot Stirrer - Ranger83

We're rubber,you're glue.

Whatever you say bounces off us and sticks to you! :-*

Sticks and stones may br...never mind GO EAGLES !  ;D

Now guys lets just wait on all the trash talking till the next 2 week coming up . we all know that GCM has a good team they just need self disipline and a little bit better coaching staff . Last year they did put up a rather good effort against BH . this years team is obviously a better team and i cant say better coached cause we have our flaws just as any team and school do . I still think BH will pull this one out i dont think the marigine will be far off though i change my prediction to a 29-21 Barbers Hill wins . I changed my predicition from 40-7 ive been watching highlights on GCM .. bh better keep there self going at full steam this week and i mean it . I am a bh fan but wow . they have much improved from the 1st year pats we saw .

Guest Ranger83

Now guys lets just wait on all the trash talking till the next 2 week coming up . we all know that GCM has a good team they just need self discipline and a little bit better coaching staff . Last year they did put up a rather good effort against BH . this years team is obviously a better team and i cant say better coached cause we have our flaws just as any team and school do . I still think BH will pull this one out i dont think the marigine will be far off though i change my prediction to a 29-21 Barbers Hill wins . I changed my predicition from 40-7 ive been watching highlights on GCM .. bh better keep there self going at full steam this week and i mean it . I am a bh fan but wow . they have much improved from the 1st year pats we saw .

I truly believe GCM is well coached. Our team just lacks self-discipline. When things go bad, they revert back to their "old" ways and bad habits. At some point, we have to develop a "winners" mentality. That is, not letting a minor set back change your focus. Wether it be a bad call from the officials or a turnover. Those are part of the game and they have to find a way to overcome those types of things.

Guest Ranger83

Notice Ranger83 i said i cant say better coached . BH is well coached to but there no better coached than BH ..

OK. I don't know what in the h-e-double hockey sticks you just said!

Guest Ranger83

I think GCM is very well coached...Those guys have brought that program along ways in just a year.. ranger looks like your boy had a good game.....threw for a td.....Nice!...

Thanks. It's always nice when your children do good things. Even nicer when others notice. Thanks again.

Notice Ranger83 i said i cant say better coached . BH is well coached to but there no better coached than BH ..

OK. I don't know what in the h-e-double hockey sticks you just said!

I think he's a Barbers Hill move-in........for English and grammar.  ;D

just kidding.

Overrate

Oohhh! I thought he meant we ate to much.  ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder