*PN-G vs. Nederland/PN-G wins 23-7/Comments

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's classier for it?  Come on Proud, we gonna play first grade they booed me first so I booed em back?  I know you weren't booing, I didn't boo, it's a rivalry and their are boneheads in both towns.  I overlooked it and we moved onto the football game.  

....but expected from Nederland. What a crock of shat.

Proud, I know our fans (students) booed and it sucked. Reciprocating is not the answer either.

I think both sides need to rethink this rivalry crap. It doesn't bode well for either side. I was totally embarrassed.

PNG fans booing the Nederland school song.  That's Classy!

FYI.   Ned fans BOOED the PNG cheerleaders at midfield AND our school song FIRST!  We merely reciprocated.

In the future , get your story straight before you point fingers.

Proud was just correcting Phatmack

PNG fans booing the Nederland school song.  That's Classy!

FYI.   Ned fans BOOED the PNG cheerleaders at midfield AND our school song FIRST!  We merely reciprocated.

Agreed PNGProud,  Nederland booed the our cheerleaders.....Real classy but expected from Nederland.

please don't generalize Nederland like that ...there's fools in all towns. 

PNG fans booing the Nederland school song.  That's Classy!

Agreed PNGProud,  Nederland booed the our cheerleaders.....Real classy but expected from Nederland.

I love this, I hope this rivalry gets really heated after this year.  Nederland is classless again, folks booing, PNG won... we may have the old rivalry back. Oh, and I love what we got coming up. 

Proud, I know our fans (students) booed and it sucked. Reciprocating is not the answer either.

I think both sides need to rethink this rivalry crap. It doesn't bode well for either side. I was totally embarrassed.

Baddog and Penny.  I agree with both, and no, I didn't boo either.  It IS classless.  I was merely pointing out WHY Ned was booed.  Not condoning it.  Poor sportsmanship is poor sportsmanship, regardless of who does it first.

Baddog and Penny.  I agree with both, and no, I didn't boo either.  It IS classless.  I was merely pointing out WHY Ned was booed.  Not condoning it.  Poor sportsmanship is poor sportsmanship, regardless of who does it first.

I don't go to PNG to boo. I go there to hopefully see us kick your butts in football. I think we did a good job of that early on, and except for a few big pass plays, we hung tough. If we can ever get past that turnover bug, I think we might win some game.

Good game PNG.

I love this, I hope this rivalry gets really heated after this year.  Nederland is classless again, folks booing, PNG won... we may have the old rivalry back. Oh, and I love what we got coming up. 

What, a butt whipping from our JV and plenty of help coming back next year? Yea, I guess I do to.

What, a butt whipping from our JV and plenty of help coming back next year? Yea, I guess I do to.

Varsity is a whole 'nother animal. You should know that.

How many sophomores were starting for PNG tonight?  How many guys do we have down to injury, lost another starter tonight, arguably our best player on the field.  Did you see the freshman game?  Butt whuppin by the JV, it was two scores and we had one called back.  Hey, you take yours, I sure as heck want mine, and we'll play this out over the next several years.  Please enjoy this though, PNG was the better team tonight.

Thankyou for the kind words. I really beleive that we seen why Nueman is one of the very best in the region tonight. His team was outmanned injured badly and he somehow had his team in it until the third quater. Tonight you really could see his coaching brilliance. Hats off to Nederland they played there hearts out tonight. Nederland fans you could not have asked for more.

I would've asked for us to play a turnover free game, but other than that our effort and adjustments offensively were about as good as they get.  Especially losing Cardenas, we just flat out ran out of steam.  Grant left his guts on that field tonight, as did all our seniors.  Tough to swallow, but you move on.  Some have already MARKED THEIR WORDS, that the Dogs won't win another game, (yeah I'm talking to you) so we have an uphill struggle to finish as strong as possible.

Too many Turnovers to compete in this district.

yeah ned, PNG had no turnovers, no matter what anyone from ned .,says we had to beat the refs also during this game. I would like for Faircloth to get the step on the throat menality we had 10 points there in the last 7 minutes and didnt do it

Too many Turnovers to compete in this district.

yeah ned, PNG had no turnovers, no matter what anyone from ned .,says we had to beat the refs also during this game. I would like for Faircloth to get the step on the throat menality we had 10 points there in the last 7 minutes and didnt do it

I've read this from you every week?  You're playing at home every week and getting hosed by the refs EVERY WEEK?  You need to checkin with reality every now and again.  

Port Neches-Groves 23, Nederland 7 - Final

Nederland Overall: 1-4  District: 0-2

Port Neches-Groves Overall: 5-0  District: 2-0

Boxscore

Friday October 2, 2009 7:30pm

1  2  3  4  Total

Nederland              7  0  0  0    7

Port Neches-Groves 0 10  6  7  23

Scoring summary

NED -- Grant Lovelady 2-yard run (Taylor Trahan kick), 4:08, 1st.

PNG -- Blake Reyenga 30-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick), 8:15, 2nd.

PNG -- Dylan Browning 14-yard field goal, 0:03, 2nd.

PNG -- Spencer DeRon 31-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick failed), 2:56, 3rd.

PNG -- Ryan St. Clair 22-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick), 8:50, 4th.

Team Stats

Nederland                  Port Neches-Groves

Total yards      212                                422

First downs      13                                  18

Rushes/Yds    26/74                              39/136

Average rush    2.85                                3.49

Comp/Atts    14/22/2                          19/29/0

Pass yards      138                                  286

Comp pct      63.64                              65.52

Punts              3                                      4

Punting Yards  104                                  127

Punting Average 34.67                            31.75