*PN-G vs. Nederland/PN-G wins 23-7/Comments

It seemed to me that Nederland's defensive game plan was to stop Harmon.  They did a pretty good job of it except for a long run before half, then at the very end of the game he got some yards.  Holding one of the best RB's in the district to 3.7 yards a carry is pretty good.

Doty absolutely torched the Dogs on the deep balls.  He had some open receivers, but also made some great throws into tight coverage.  The kid is pretty accurate down the field.  Nederland didn't get much pressure on him, but seemed to be focused on Harmon more than pass rushing.

Pick your poison with PN-G.  Try to stop Doty through the air or Harmon on the ground.  Hard to do both!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im watching this game on tv right now. PNGs QB was on fire tonight he had 268 yards i think I read. WOW I visited the new stadium a few weeks ago and it was really nice. This could be a good team if they get out these stupid mistakes. Nederland played a decent game for being so tore up with injuries. So I have a question how many Nederland fans will throw on ther support to the Indians to win out in district and vice versa?

We have got penalized bad every game. And yes legitimate penalties, we are making too many mistakes. I think Lovelady matched up better against us than Cardenas would have. He played one heck of a game and in the end, going both ways wore him down. If we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot we will be fine. We will not get away with killing drives with penalties against some of the better teams. What we are doing, is finding ways to win. 5 and 0, i'll take it.

Port Neches-Groves 23, Nederland 7 - Final

Nederland Overall: 1-4  District: 0-2

Port Neches-Groves Overall: 5-0  District: 2-0

Boxscore

Friday October 2, 2009 7:30pm

1  2  3  4  Total

Nederland              7  0  0  0    7

Port Neches-Groves 0 10  6  7  23

Scoring summary

NED -- Grant Lovelady 2-yard run (Taylor Trahan kick), 4:08, 1st.

PNG -- Blake Reyenga 30-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick), 8:15, 2nd.

PNG -- Dylan Browning 14-yard field goal, 0:03, 2nd.

PNG -- Spencer DeRon 31-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick failed), 2:56, 3rd.

PNG -- Ryan St. Clair 22-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick), 8:50, 4th.

Team Stats

Nederland                  Port Neches-Groves

Total yards      212                                422

First downs      13                                  18

Rushes/Yds    26/74                              39/136

Average rush    2.85                                3.49

Comp/Atts    14/22/2                          19/29/0

Pass yards      138                                  286

Comp pct      63.64                              65.52

Punts              3                                      4

Punting Yards  104                                  127

Punting Average 34.67                            31.75

Fumbles/Lost      4/3                                0/0

Penalties-yards  2-16                                9-65

Nederland

Passing

Name            Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Ryan Brady        1    1 100 12    0  0

Adam Atterberry 12 20 60 112 0 2

Trevin Sonnier    1 1 100 14 0 0

Rushing

Name            Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Ryan Brady        3  6      2          0  0

Nick Cardenas    3  10    3.3        0  0

Grant Lovelady  15 74    4.9        0  1

Adam Atterberry 4 -18  -4.5        0  0

Trevin Sonnier    1  2      2          0  0

Receiving

Name              Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Ryan Brady        2  13    6.5            0  0

Grant Lovelady  1  14    14            0  0

Brent Salenga    4  53    13.3          0  0

Andrew Mullins  1    7    7              0  0

Trevin Sonnier  4  26    6.5            0  0

Taylor Williams  1  9    9                0  0

Port Neches-Groves

Passing

Name              Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Brennan Doty      19 29 65.52 286 3 0

Rushing

Name              Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Caleb Harmon    29 107 3.7 0 0

Brennan Doty    6 16 2.7 0 0

Cody Ross          2 13 6.5 0 0

Receiving

Name              Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Caleb Harmon      1 12 12 0 0

Spencer DeRon    2 43 21.5 0 1

Garrett Boudoin    2 24 12 0 0

Blake Reyenga      9 101 11.2 0 1

Kyler Segura        4 60 15 0 0

Ryan St. Clair      1 22 22 0

We did much better against the rush, now just need to stop the pass.

Im watching this game on tv right now. PNGs QB was on fire tonight he had 268 yards i think I read. WOW I visited the new stadium a few weeks ago and it was really nice. This could be a good team if they get out these stupid mistakes. Nederland played a decent game for being so tore up with injuries. So I have a question how many Nederland fans will throw on ther support to the Indians to win out in district and vice versa?

This is a Ned fan that will pull for Indians all the way. Haven't seen Lumberton or Livingston, to me that is their ticket to the playoffs, then a pretty good run from there.

PNG is good, if they can work on clock management, as they wasted a great scoring opportunity when with 1 minute before half they wasted a second and goal from the one.

We looked small compared to PNG in the trenches. Ned defensive line played a great game against the run. Doty was pin point on the pass across the middle, as our guys had pretty good coverage.

Have to give it to the Bulldogs, for being "beat up" with injuries, you guys came out and played tough.  You're right, PNG has to work on clock management and the stupid penalties....if we can "fine tune" this, we'll be a force to reckon with.  I think Faircloth will work out the kinks this week.....believe my Indians will come away with the "W" at Livingston.

Too many Turnovers to compete in this district.

yeah ned, PNG had no turnovers, no matter what anyone from ned .,says we had to beat the refs also during this game. I would like for Faircloth to get the step on the throat menality we had 10 points there in the last 7 minutes and didnt do it

I've read this from you every week?  You're playing at home every week and getting hosed by the refs EVERY WEEK?  You need to checkin with reality every now and again.  

Maybe Faircloth should step on your throat! What I, along with our community would like is for you shutup 99.9% of the time!

Have to give it to the Bulldogs, for being "beat up" with injuries, you guys came out and played tough.  You're right, PNG has to work on clock management and the stupid penalties....if we can "fine tune" this, we'll be a force to reckon with.  I think Faircloth will work out the kinks this week.....believe my Indians will come away with the "W" at Livingston.

I too believe Faircloth will work out the false starts, holding etc.... What I do like, is we will do what it takes.The balanced offense will be tough to stop if we can just quit stopping ourselves. Line up to stop Harmon and the passing game is there. Play for the pass and Harmon can hurt you. We'll be fine.

I too believe Faircloth will work out the false starts, holding etc.... What I do like, is we will do what it takes.The balanced offense will be tough to stop if we can just quit stopping ourselves. Line up to stop Harmon and the passing game is there. Play for the pass and Harmon can hurt you. We'll be fine.

I totally agree.....PNG can be dangerous on the run and the pass.  Very well balanced.  Doty impressed the heck out of me last night...this kid has accuracy!  Very impressed!

It is hard to criticize the refs. The penalties they called seemed legit. I could not see the holding calls from my seat, but you have to assume they are just not throwing the flag to throw it. The only no calls that bothered me were the late hit that was helmet to helmet while Deron was laying on the ground. The replay showed it clearly. He could have had been hurt easily on that play and the face mask on Segura. The ref threw the flag but for PI. Go figure. It is hard to argue false starts, delay of games, and chop blocks. They were all pretty clear.

Ok, I guess you could say I called it! I said Ryan St. Clair was going to dominate and guess what.... HE DID! He caught a 22 yd TD reception and cut through some DBs like a knife through butter!

As for PNG's clock management, that was pure garbage. They should have scored a TD before the half but had to settle for a field goal. They should use their timeouts more wisely and get St. Clair the ball more often!

That was our final TD too. He caught the pass for a good gain at first, but the real story of that play is his toughness, strength, and determination in fighting through the defenders to the end zone. From where i was sitting it looked like he was trying to prove a point, that play was so good!

yeah ned, PNG had no turnovers, no matter what anyone from ned .,says we had to beat the refs also during this game. I would like for Faircloth to get the step on the throat menality we had 10 points there in the last 7 minutes and didnt do it

I've read this from you every week?  You're playing at home every week and getting hosed by the refs EVERY WEEK?  You need to checkin with reality every now and again.  

so do you we have been getting hosed i think ned had 2 penalties all night come on nobody plays that clean, the home cooking excuse that everyone has used for years abouth the rez is no more

It is hard to criticize the refs. The penalties they called seemed legit. I could not see the holding calls from my seat, but you have to assume they are just not throwing the flag to throw it. The only no calls that bothered me were the late hit that was helmet to helmet while Deron was laying on the ground. The replay showed it clearly. He could have had been hurt easily on that play and the face mask on Segura. The ref threw the flag but for PI. Go figure. It is hard to argue false starts, delay of games, and chop blocks. They were all pretty clear.

i agree with the false starts, but most of the penalties were garbage like picking up the flag on the intional grounding

so do you we have been getting hosed i think ned had 2 penalties all night come on nobody plays that clean, the home cooking excuse that everyone has used for years abouth the rez is no more

I didn't think Nederland had any penalties??

The Dogs played a great 1st half and kept up well with the Indians.

Guest Brubaker

i agree with the false starts, but most of the penalties were garbage like picking up the flag on the intional grounding

He was hit as he threw the ball... no intentional grounding.  Not a tough call to correct, glad they weren't afraid to correct the mistake.

I would've asked for us to play a turnover free game, but other than that our effort and adjustments offensively were about as good as they get.  Especially losing Cardenas, we just flat out ran out of steam.  Grant left his guts on that field tonight, as did all our seniors.  Tough to swallow, but you move on.  Some have already MARKED THEIR WORDS, that the Dogs won't win another game, (yeah I'm talking to you) so we have an uphill struggle to finish as strong as possible.

It was not ONLY the seniors that left it all on the field!!!  The underclassmen left it all out there too.  I know mine did!!  ;)

Guest Brubaker

I think Penny was just pointing out that the PNG game is a special one for the seniors and should be recognized for the effort and leadership to play so hard in a difficult situation.  I don't think he meant any disrespect to our underclass groups, they are our future and show a lot as well.  I was extra impressed with Sonnier's effort, he made a lot of plays on both sides of the ball and showed some real explosiveness when he got his hands on the ball.  He just stood out to me.  I though the soph. Brown stepped up when Cardenas went down, he will be the next great lb at Nederland.  Kemp gave a great effort with a bum hand, what a lick he laid on that one hit.  I love our young kids coming up, didn't mean to leave anyone out, despite what some would have you believe, Nederland's stable is full.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder