*Vidor At Lumberton/Vidor wins 14-11/comments

Guest JoesBros

I enjoyed last night's game from the perspective of an outsider just looking for a good football game.  I was not disappointed.  My summary is:  (1)The referees were way too involved in ticky-tacky calls both ways.  It definately affected the flow of the game.(2)  The Raiders took it to the Pirates in the first half.  Vidor was fortunate to give up only 3 points (3) The Pirates took it to the Raiders in the second half.  The Raiders defense looked gassed and were giving up yards in large chunks. Had the game made it to overtime, my money would have been on the Pirates.  Great effort by both teams.  There is still a whole lot of football to be played before we have a clue as to how the playoffs are to shake out.  Good luck to both squads.  Also, good job to both groups of fans!  It was loud and resembled a play-off atmosphere !!

L :o :ok out,  The Raider folks on here are going to kill you for this one. ;D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were horrible for both teams!!! This is the 2nd crew i've seen this year from College Station and both were terrible!!

What coaches don't understand, is when they get their feelings hurt by local officials and decide to use out of area officials, they then pay a crew to come and officiate that is not even good enough to get a game in their home chapter. :o :o :o

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

Some teams may take advantage of it but yours sure didn't.Man talk about a crybaby!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ........ yeah we took advantage ....... we showed ya'll that that high powered O isn't all that high powered!

Looked powerful to me in the third and fourth. All you guys had to do was stop that 1 yard 4th down and you would have had another chance. What happened there?

what happened? i believe we ran smooth over em lol

I just read all of the comments since my last post.  First of all, I was stating the facts. I'm not being a cry baby when I'm admitting our mistakes lost us the game.  Vidor took advantage of our miscues and that is why they won. They scored 14 points (remember this is an offense that was averaging close to 50 points per game).  One of the tds came from our fumble on our end of the field. Yes, we lost but how can you say we did not shut down this "high powered offense"?  It will probably be their lowest total of the season.  Our defense played their hearts out.  Nobody can deny that.  I think all you Vidorians are sore winners.  This game is over it's time to move on.  Yall need to worry about Ozen now and we will get back to work and focus on Central.  And to the guy who said he lost respect for Lumberton followers after reading all of this.  Go back and read some of the stuff your fellow pirates wrote.  All of their comments have only shown to us why Vidor has the reputation that it has.

And what reputation is that? Elaborate please. I tell you what my take is on some L-ton posters on here. They have that we are better than everyone reputation.Last week we there was a thread that went 10 pages or more dogging the facilties over at Livingston and low and behold we show up in Lumberton and what do we find? A field with no hash marks,scoreboard that wouldn't be allowed on a peewee field and a PA sytem donated from the closed down drive in movie theater.I geuss thats how L-Town got there reputation.

HAHA!! this is the perfect post great job 68!!!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

:)Great team LR1969.  Great game and #49 is a class act and a great ball player.  Good luck.

Coach Matthews is a class act and congrats to him and Vidor on the win.

I'm disappointed by some of the retorts of the Raider faithful. I reserve judgment because I know the few big shots on here don't speak for the entire town. But 2 of my closest friends are former great Raider players, and even they can do simple "point/counter point" without sounding like babies.

Why do Raider faithful have to be retarts ..... I hadn't seen none of these post call Vidor Faithful RETARTS ...... if you don't like what is said just do your ...... point/counter:point ........ LOL!   Come on don't get so serious!  Just show up every WEEK!

LOL!!! wow you can't even read properly

I'm disappointed by some of the retorts of the Raider faithful. I reserve judgment because I know the few big shots on here don't speak for the entire town. But 2 of my closest friends are former great Raider players, and even they can do simple "point/counter point" without sounding like babies.

Why do Raider faithful have to be retarts ..... I hadn't seen none of these post call Vidor Faithful RETARTS ...... if you don't like what is said just do your ...... point/counter:point ........ LOL!   Come on don't get so serious!  Just show up every WEEK!

A few people have already pointed it out, but seriously? You really thought I was name calling? Either you misread my post, or you should brush up on your vocabulary.

A few people have already pointed it out, but seriously? You really thought I was name calling? Either you misread my post, or you should brush up on your vocabulary.

How you all been going on about THE FAITHFUL ...... I just thought you mispelled one ....... my bad!!!!!!  I'll try to brush up on my vocabulary and keep my comments a little more pithy.

It's alright, bro. Seriously this isn't sarcasm, but it's easy to get ahead of yourself and misread things. I understand. I'm not trying to insinuate that you or anybody from Lumberton is dumb. I have no personal problems with the town. As I said, Two of my closest friends are former great Raiders. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

This was a good one, and we will be biting our nails the night the Pirates come to Port Neches. The trip up to Lumberton doesnt look easy either. Good luck and i believe we will be seeing both of these clubs in the playoffs. When we face off with Lumberton two very good junior quarterbacks will be showing their stuff!

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

Some teams may take advantage of it but yours sure didn't.Man talk about a crybaby!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ........ yeah we took advantage ....... we showed ya'll that that high powered O isn't all that high powered!

Looked powerful to me in the third and fourth. All you guys had to do was stop that 1 yard 4th down and you would have had another chance. What happened there?

what happened? i believe we ran smooth over em lol

True that! What I liked about this one is the Pirates did what they had to to win. When it counted they got it done! This is what we have been needing to figure out. We could play with anyone, but knowing how to win has not been our best tool. If we have turned this corner it will be a great year!!!! Go Pirates Git-er-done against OZEN! ;D

Refs were not on our payroll, and if they were we got ripped off considering we had 100+ penalty yds. Parking is not bad at all, we and most other teams in the district just have great followings and it gets crowded. You have 2 entire campuses, walmart, and 2 shoppping centers to park at when you come to lumberton. As for the game, it was sloppy. I was wondering what all they hype was about all first half, and everyone around me was thinking the pirates are soft. Mistakes on both sides, lacluster offenses on both sides, but the pirates found a way to win, and thats all she wrote. It's over and we have other opponents to face, moving on.......

don't even start, you had the best refs money could buy

best refs your crazy they sucked so bad every time l-town had a big play it came back thats the only reason we lost and the field goal situation

best refs your crazy they sucked so bad every time l-town had a big play it came back thats the only reason we lost and the field goal situation

No..... you lost because we scored more points. Get over it.

look at the stats of the games 8 yards passing we had over 200

Congratulations  for out passing our boys.  FINAL SCORE VIDOR 14 LUMBERTON 11

Congratulations  for out passing our boys.  FINAL SCORE VIDOR 14 LUMBERTON 11

we play again with diffrent officials l-town takes it no problem

Were not playing fantasy football. Stats dont count. This does 14 to 11

Don't forget that they also scored more points than yall did.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83