Bashing Coaches

Guest nostradamus

I once used the term "jacka--" in a post and it was IMMEDIATELY removed and I was reprimanded for it.....if that will help ease all the tension....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

I am only speaking on the way you act in this forum.

Calling teams no good, predicting huge blowouts, downplaying, putting yourself on a pedestal, ect, ect, ect......  That's what I am talking about. They way you present yourself on this forum, no other "coach" does that here. You have basically nulified the rule with your own actions and comments.

Again, you will be called out every time you act in this manner, coach or no coach.

So when I strike back, there is NO HARM, NO FOUL, right? When have I called a team "no good"? I can have my opinion on a team, but I have never called a team just BAD, or put them down to the point of embarrassment! I dont do kids that way... Why can't I predict a blowout, if I think that it will be? Pedastal? What? Thats outrageous....So we can "nullify" board rules now? I dont think the site owner would agree with that statement...Keep reaching AAW....Keep reaching.

I am only speaking on the way you act in this forum.

Calling teams no good, predicting huge blowouts, downplaying, putting yourself on a pedestal, ect, ect, ect......  That's what I am talking about. They way you present yourself on this forum, no other "coach" does that here. You have basically nulified the rule with your own actions and comments.

Again, you will be called out every time you act in this manner, coach or no coach.

So when I strike back, there is NO HARM, NO FOUL, right? When have I called a team "no good"? I can have my opinion on a team, but I have never called a team just BAD, or put them down to the point of embarrassment! I dont do kids that way... Why can't I predict a blowout, if I think that it will be? Pedastal? What? Thats outrageous....So we can "nullify" board rules now? I dont think the site owner would agree with that statement...Keep reaching AAW....Keep reaching.

Actually, the site owner and I have discussed this issue. He agrees that if a coach came on here and made a butt of himself on here, he was fair game.

I'll let you figure out if you have done that or not. ::)

Guest DickVitale

So if another poster says something that you dont agree with, the rules are out of the window? Is that what you are saying? OK AAW, you just wont EVER admit that what you are saying is due to your personal feeling about me...No other reason...If being opinionated, and not letting these bamas say what they want to you is making a "butt" as you call it, then more people should be "butts".  Once again, keeping it in perspective, I would never be a "butt" in your or anyone else's presence...I would just be "coach".

Barack, shouldn't you be in class teaching. I thought you were a teacher and coach!  Oh and instead of calling you DV shouldn't we be calling you B O???  ;D ;D

Its Homecoming and the kids are out on the field at the "powder puff" game!! 8)

Here's an opinion.  Nobody cares about DV or his team.  They are a private school for God's sake.  Woo Hoo.  Like I said in a previous thread, good luck winnings TAPPS.  And tell all 12 people in the stands hi for me. 

Get off your high horse, Slowbama.  The only reason people even reply to your comments, are because they are so ludicrous.  I know I know, I wouldn't tell you this "face to face."  You're right, because you won't catch me at a private school game.  I have a life.

Guest stevenash

Here's an opinion.  Nobody cares about DV or his team.  They are a private school for God's sake.  Woo Hoo.  Like I said in a previous thread, good luck winnings TAPPS.  And tell all 12 people in the stands hi for me. 

Get off your high horse, Slowbama.  The only reason people even reply to your comments, are because they are so ludicrous.  I know I know, I wouldn't tell you this "face to face."  You're right, because you won't catch me at a private school game.  I have a life.

One of the more insightful posts in board history.

One of the more insightful posts in board history.

;D ;D ;D ;D Some one needs to let him know to get respect you have to give respect ;)

Guest DickVitale

I actually had almost 12 DIVISION I coaches in my gym today watching my players work out during the athletic period! Yeah and about 5 of them were the head coach too....Hey Aces, you ever SEEN that many college coaches at once? Of course not...How about your alma mater? I am CERTAIN they have never seen that many college coaches TOTAL, PERIOD.....You really crack me up...And you were not even a PART of this discussion, but you had to bandwagon with the rest of them...And about being face to face....You know what it is...No need to even go there with you...you know exactly why you are NOT trying to do that, buddy... ;)

Wow! This is more personal than I realized. No one is addressing that fact that mods have allowed and they themselves have stretched the forum rules. ANd continue to put the liability back on Barack,Jr. Reminds me of an Flip Wilson bit, "the devil made me do it."  The rule was still broken. Just admit it!!!! >:(

Guest airitout123

I actually had almost 12 DIVISION I coaches in my gym today watching my players work out during the athletic period! Yeah and about 5 of them were the head coach too....Hey Aces, you ever SEEN that many college coaches at once? Of course not...How about your alma mater? I am CERTAIN they have never seen that many college coaches TOTAL, PERIOD.....You really crack me up...And you were not even a PART of this discussion, but you had to bandwagon with the rest of them...And about being face to face....You know what it is...No need to even go there with you...you know exactly why you are NOT trying to do that, buddy... ;)

Yeah I was in the gym and uh 12 coaches were there.  Yeah about 12, yeah that's the ticket.  And uhhh 5 of them were head coaches.  Yeah 5 of them, that's the ticket.  And uh I took them outside and showed them my new car.  It is a uh, uhhhh Porsche Convertible.  Yeah a convertible, that's the ticket. 

Guest DickVitale

Yeah you are all right. I dont know what came over me. I should have never opened "Pandoras Box".  It allows people out of the loop to "think" they can somehow get in and you people here will NEVER get in.  What was I thinking? My mistake.  I SHOULD stay distant.

Wow! This is more personal than I realized. No one is addressing that fact that mods have allowed and they themselves have stretched the forum rules. ANd continue to put the liability back on Barack,Jr. Reminds me of an Flip Wilson bit, "the devil made me do it."  The rule was still broken. Just admit it!!!! >:(

To bash a coach u have to be a coach----------MR.BLUE. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D So that let MR.D-- - out.

Reading is Fund-a-mental!

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

Then they wonder why I say they are part of the "good ole boy" system....Rules only go into effect when and ONLY when it affects one of "them"....No response to that one, huh? (crickets chirping) Exactly.

Is there a rule in there about people trying to intimidate others with implied physical threats?

Yes steve, there is. It amazes me how often DV makes these type threats. It seems when he feels he may be losing an argument, he resorts to " I bet you wouldn't say it to my face". Get's very old. I for one will not allow it any longer.

Wait a minute, that is NOT A THREAT! A threat is "if you say that crap to my face, I will beat you down". THAT is a threat. My statement is saying that I realize the nature of the people on this board and it is like being in two different worlds..No one would say to me in my face what they say on here! It just puts things into perspective, it is not meant to threaten anyone.  How Ridiculous. 

Here is a hint.  When the majority of the people feel the same way about you, chances are they are correct.  You say that they are not threats. That is how everyone takes them.  They have told you that yet you continue to do it.  You present yourself as a far superior coach and person to anyone on this board and believe your opinion holds more weight than the next.  Fact of the matter is you know what you are talking about when it comes to basketball.  More than most of us on this board.  However, this is a board for fans first and coaches second.  Fans are what makes the game fun for players and coaches and you make most fans feel like they are stupid.  No one attacks you as a coach.  You are attacked as a person just as you attack us as people.

It must be a cultural thing  ::) ::), because I knew he wasn't challenging anyone to any physical harm.

Has to be..... ::) ::)..Or fear.... ::)

I was a little league coach a while back does that count.....just kidding trying to lighten the mood.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83