*OF vs. Newton Updates/Newton wins! 62-40

KFDM COOP

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

penalties not being called cuts both ways as far as is see it.  good game played by both teams

True, it was not so much missed calls, but the officials losing track of who had the ball and blowing plays dead.  Although, that did not win or lose the game.  Orangefield's defense has to get better.  If you like offense, then this was the game to see.  Congrats to Newton on the win.  That was a fun one to watch.

NO adjustments were made in the defense. if we load  the whole defense in the box like that we will be one in done in the playoffs

I agree 100%. We never adjusted linebacker play and Orangefield ran off tackle and trapped our butt up the middle all night. Eaglefan01 dosn't see it that way, I don't know what game they were watching. If we can't adjust gameplan as the game unfolds, we won't be going very far in the playoffs. Once again team speed played a big part in this victory. Orangefield could play spoiler in their district.

NO adjustments were made in the defense. if we load  the whole defense in the box like that we will be one in done in the playoffs

I agree 100%. We never adjusted linebacker play and Orangefield ran off tackle and trapped our butt up the middle all night. Eaglefan01 dosn't see it that way, I don't know what game they were watching. If we can't adjust gameplan as the game unfolds, we won't be going very far in the playoffs. Once again team speed played a big part in this victory. Orangefield could play spoiler in their district.

you are right team spead is what won it. 

Newton won the game but Orangefield is for real. 

The young men from Orangefield run onto the field, run off the field...no walking. When a coach calls a time out they take a knee look up, and listen... Not one of them look around talk or mess around.  They play hard for four quarters...They don't relax for one single play. The town of Orangefield should be proud of their new coach and young men.

When you looked at the players at the beginning of the game you would have thought Newton was playing a JV team due to Orangefields size.  It didn't matter, Orangefield will take it to you...why.... the coach told them to.  Love it.

WOS and Silsbee better take notice. They both have athletes.  Orangefield has football players. ;) 

Newton and orangefeild  both have byes  this coming week.  I suggest they both work on defense  lol!!!!  cause  newton has  kirbyville on nov. 6 and  orangefeild has  w-o-s  on  nov.  6.    Kirbyville has tons of more speed  and atheletes than  orangefield and if newton plays defense like they did last  night,  newton will be in for a long night.    West orange stark has tons of more speed and atheletes than newton did and if Orangefield  plays  defense like they played against newton  they  will be in for a long night .  Both teams need to get on it if they want the bragging rights for their area.

Guest EagleFan01

What do you mean no adjustments were made they held Orangefield to 16 points in the second half..... Newton made adjustments, Orangefield ran the right plays and they blocked very well. I guess you don't know much about football fella, Orangefield executed to perfection it didn't matter what adjustments were made when the bobcats ran a play they played man on man and blocked there butts off, you can't make a tackle if you are getting blocked. Newton would stunt,slant, and swap but the bobcat offense was ready for all that and they knew who to block and how to block it. It was a well executed game plan for the bobcats.

Guest EagleFan01

i keep hearing from a few bobcat fans that there were a ton of penalties not called against the eagles, did anyone else see this?

i have no dog in this fight, just trying to get the real scoop.

There was some blown whistles by the officials but other than that I didn't see any missed calls. Newton had kick return called back and then a couple big runs on our first drive called back for holding's that I didn't see, but the only two drives we didn't score on were the the first of the game when we had back to back big runs called back for holding and the fumble on the kick return, other than that we didn't have the ball long we scored on the first or second play of the drive alot last night.

Hats off to Newton...they have a good football team and I see them making a long run in the playoffs. That #11 can fly, he's one of the best I've ever seen. Course we didn't tackle at all last night, but #11 had a lot to do about that. I think Newton will be fine, their defense will get better. I can't imagine trying to prepare for our offense. Newton at times had no clue who had the ball and neither did the fans in the stands...oh and the officials too. They blew the ball dead twice last night thinking our fullback had the ball up the middle, instead our QB had the ball on the outside. I think it was a good game for both teams to play a game like that last night.

I also think Orangefield's defense will get better. All district DE Luke Gunstream(#44) hasn't played since he hurt his knee in the Buna game. He's dressed the last two games but hasn't played, he'll be back for district and he's a difference maker, we miss him right now. Also last night #3 Rylan Cook didn't play because he was sick all week. He played well last week returning a int for a TD and he's a hitter. He'll be back too...and it didn't help that our middle LB Josh Shores(#21) got hurt right before half and didn't play the 2nd half. He's a big part of our defense and it showed even more after he left the game. Not that this would have changed the outcome, but we could have got a couple more stops here and there. The bye week couldn't come at a better time for us, we'll heal up and be ready for the Hamshire Fannett Longhorns when the come to town in 2 weeks!!!

Overall, I couldn't be more proud of my Bobcats. We actually had our chances at winning that game last night. We played well enough to win but couldn't get it done. It's a 49 to 40 game with 7 minutes left!!! It also makes me proud to hear our opponents notice the changes in our program. Coach Huckabay is a heck of a coach and we're extremely happy to have him. Our kids believe again and now after last night that belief should be even stronger. Go Bobcats!!!

Newton won the game but Orangefield is for real. 

The young men from Orangefield run onto the field, run off the field...no walking. When a coach calls a time out they take a knee look up, and listen... Not one of them look around talk or mess around.  They play hard for four quarters...They don't relax for one single play. The town of Orangefield should be proud of their new coach and young men.

When you looked at the players at the beginning of the game you would have thought Newton was playing a JV team due to Orangefields size.  It didn't matter, Orangefield will take it to you...why.... the coach told them to.  Love it.

WOS and Silsbee better take notice. They both have athletes.  Orangefield has football players. ;) 

I was at this game, I am a Mustang fan and I agree with your post 100%. I also think OF is going to beat the snot out of BC (just had to throw that in there). ;D

Orangefield is a scrappy team, No doubt, But If you give up 62 points to a AA team you are not a playoff team.

Newton is explosive, but may be the worst on Defense they have ever been. To give up 40 and 500+ yards is insane.

Newton is a state ranked 2A team.  You may be right, but seems you are playing down how good Newton really is.

No doubt we had trouble stopping Newton, and under the current circumstances we would struggle.  But the good news is, when we start district we will have 3 starters back on defense.  One was all district last year.  The other was our starting middle linebacker.  The last is a very good sophomore who was sick all week.  Do I think we would have won with those 3 kids?  Well, it is impossible to judge, but I know it would have helped tremendously.  So, before you write off OF based on the score, know that there are some reasons that we struggled on defense.

My hats off to Orangefield and their new coach. Came in ready to play with excellent gameplan on offense. Execution was good and quarterback was outstanding at his fakes. Defense has a little further to go. Congrats on the way ya'll played and I agree that you had your chance to win it. Another year or so under this coach and look out.

Guest bleed orange

Orangefield is a scrappy team, No doubt, But If you give up 62 points to a AA team you are not a playoff team.

Newton is explosive, but may be the worst on Defense they have ever been. To give up 40 and 500+ yards is insane.

What does 2A have to do with this? It was not long ago Newton was 3A. Orangefield is the smallest enrollment in our district.  You are a "Jack" All right. I can promise you Newton will be fine and go deep in the playoffs.

What does 2A have to do with this? It was not long ago Newton was 3A. Orangefield is the smallest enrollment in our district.  You are a "Jack" All right. I can promise you Newton will be fine and go deep in the playoffs.

True that....still the same old Newton team that was one of the smallest 3A teams in the state. They lost a few more kids and dropped classification but still basically the same "player wise" for the last 30 years.

Congrats to OF, I have not seen you but sounds good.

Newton and orangefeild  both have byes  this coming week.  I suggest they both work on defense  lol!!!!  cause  newton has  kirbyville on nov. 6 and  orangefeild has  w-o-s  on  nov.  6.    Kirbyville has tons of more speed  and atheletes than  orangefield and if newton plays defense like they did last  night,  newton will be in for a long night.     West orange stark has tons of more speed and atheletes than newton did and if Orangefield  plays  defense like they played against newton  they  will be in for a long night .  Both teams need to get on it if they want the bragging rights for their area.

I agree with Newton defense situation. Lafredrick Ford, Berman Irvine and Fred Rodes of Kirbyville can fly with just a little running room!!! Good Luck

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83