Wanting opinions

Cowboy4jc

Do you think that it is disrespectful for the away team to beat the home team on their Field and then to gather at the 50, sing their school song or wave their flag or something of that nature? I'm not sure if its just me but for some odd reason I find that disrespectful and uncalled for. Its like kicking a man while hes down. Even if it were my team doing it. What do you think?

???

Do you think that it is disrespectful for the away team to beat the home team on their Field and then to gather at the 50, sing their school song or wave their flag or something of that nature? I'm not sure if its just me but for some odd reason I find that disrespectful and uncalled for. Its like kicking a man while hes down. Even if it were my team doing it. What do you think?

???

I agree. Shake hands and leave the field!

Guest Brubaker

Don't sing and dance on my field.  Go to your sideline by your band and fans, go to you locker room... stay off my 50.  The very act of celebrating at my 50 is disrespectful, period.

What do you expect them to do?  Sprint off of the field as soon as the clock hits zero and act like nothing ever happened.  Maybe we should quit keeping score that way no one has their feelings hurt.  If you feel "disrespected" by high school kids being excited about winning, it's on you and not them.

Of course I expect them to have fun. I mean, after all they just won a game but in my opinion its disrespectful to belittle them on their own field after you just beat them there. But hey, you have your opinon and I have mine. We can agree to disagree.

Don't sing and dance on my field.  Go to your sideline by your band and fans, go to you locker room... stay off my 50.  The very act of celebrating at my 50 is disrespectful, period.

Agreed.  Remember T.O. getting his head taken off in Dallas years ago?  If you want to sing your school song and wave your flag, go over to your fans and show them the appreciation that they have shown you by attending the game.  There is no need to disrespect.

Shake hand and if you fell the need to sing the school song then do it at the 50 on the visitor sideline.

That's what I think you should do. What I saw in particular tonight was a team that shook hands, ran off the field to their crowd celebrating. Then all ran out to the 50 in the middle of the field sang their song and did their chant. So they left the field and then ran back out on it. To me that was uncalled for.

I agree with Cowboy and NDN, the team you just beat know's that they lost. It is OK to be excited about that victory, but it is not necessary to rub it in their face on their own field. That's how fights and brawls get started, celebrate on your bus on the way back home.

Guest ECBucFan

???

I agree with Cowboy4JC.

Agreed.  Remember T.O. getting his head taken off in Dallas years ago?  If you want to sing your school song and wave your flag, go over to your fans and show them the appreciation that they have shown you by attending the game.  There is no need to disrespect.

Here is that clip of T.O. & the Dallas Star! 

This is the hidden content, please

Guest JustAPlayersMom

I may be wrong but I do not think there is 1 coach in this area that would let his players get away with that.

Not that it would be funny, but just think what Coach Barbay would do if one of his players disrespected the other team like that.

If I ever see my son disrespecting another team like that I would pull him off the field by the hair on his head then I would beat him like a stepchild.

I would be so embarrassed for the team I was supporting to behave like that. But the most embarrassing thing would be if the parents joined in.                  

Just crazy I tell ya!

You have to start with kids even knowing what "respect" is. Some don't seem to have much of it these days. Having said that, your side of the field. Most time the coaches gather the kids in a group to talk to them. Don't need that too close to the stands. And I have seen the kids gather in the middle with members of both teams and say a little prayer. No problem there.

Very disrespectful.  I know Jeff Mathews and the Vidor Administrators would go nuts if our team did something like that.  Vidor shakes hands then they pray while still on the field then they go to the Vidor Band which is still in the stands and hold up their helmets while the Band plays the school song.  We would not even stand in the middle of our on field and do this, it's always to the track.  The team does win or loose.

Guest JustAPlayersMom

You have to start with kids even knowing what "respect" is. Some don't seem to have much of it these days. Having said that, your side of the field. Most time the coaches gather the kids in a group to talk to them. Don't need that too close to the stands. And I have seen the kids gather in the middle with members of both teams and say a little prayer. No problem there.

I have never seen the members from both teams praying together but that is wonderful.

I have never seen the members from both teams praying together but that is wonderful.

Vidor and Central did every time they played.  The former Central Coach and Mathews went to church together and were very good friends.  They make a point to have both teams in the prayer after the game.

In the late 60 or early 70 , Newton got beat by Kountze by 60 points or so. Don't remember what there players did. I do

remember there band playing TAPS at the end of the game. I still cannot pull for Kountze because of that, the ultimate disrespect.

I wanted Barbay to score like 300 points against them in 1974 but he didn't. Now O-field helped my feelings that year. I don't even like a band playing that na na na na so long good bye. It seems disrespectful to me.Anyway Karma can be good and it can be a bear.

Has Kountze done anything in football since then. Actually, the Karma should have gone with the band.

???

i think if the visitor team goes to the middle of the field before OR after the game to say, "hey, this is our field not yours" or something like that it is very disrespectful...

i think i said the very same thing about WOS going to the middle of every field they played on before and after the game, (unless they lost)

idk if they still do that or not but just an example...

but if its your home field and you go to the middle of it i dont have any issues with that... as long as it's nothing disrespectful towards the other team

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder