Lumberton, all visitors, limited when visiting Lion Stadium

KFDM COOP

I tried to attach a picture of the stadium.  It looks fairly small but there is a lot of standing room...he he!

Does anyone else find it funny that Livingston is worried about a fire code violation for an out door event?

Is that you in that picture?

Yes Sir it is.

Nice

Is that you in the pic bad dog? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DLOL

Yes, but I've been sick.

Not foaming at the mouth I hope!!  :o  ;D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to attach a picture of the stadium.  It looks fairly small but there is a lot of standing room...he he!

Does anyone else find it funny that Livingston is worried about a fire code violation for an out door event?

Is that you in that picture?

Yes Sir it is.

W O W is all i got to say

So instead of a new High School to educate their students they should have used all their bond money to build a state of the art football stadium so all Lumberton and PNG fans could have a seat at a football game?????  No dog in this hunt but looking at it from the outside you guys are sounding a little too uppity......Not every district has the petrochemical industry or a surging population growth to rely on for additional funding for "extras"..... I am sure the folks in Livingston would like better football facilities (and they eventually will)  but it should not be their top priority...  Just one person's opinion...

I wouldn't say we are being uppity, considering our stadium was built to it's original size in 1978 and then what maybe 6 or 8 years ago we spent bajillions to expand one set of bleachers to raise the stadiums capacity from about 7500 to 10,000. Livingston doesn't necessarily need to build a new stadium, just add more seating. If you take a ride up to Dallas across Hwy 175, you'll see smaller schools than Livingston way out in the middle of nowhere with better seating than you guys have. Sorry but it's the truth.

So instead of a new High School to educate their students they should have used all their bond money to build a state of the art football stadium so all Lumberton and PNG fans could have a seat at a football game?????  No dog in this hunt but looking at it from the outside you guys are sounding a little too uppity......Not every district has the petrochemical industry or a surging population growth to rely on for additional funding for "extras"..... I am sure the folks in Livingston would like better football facilities (and they eventually will)  but it should not be their top priority...  Just one person's opinion...

I wouldn't say we are being uppity, considering our stadium was built to it's original size in 1978 and then what maybe 6 or 8 years ago we spent bajillions to expand one set of bleachers to raise the stadiums capacity from about 7500 to 10,000. Livingston doesn't necessarily need to build a new stadium, just add more seating. If you take a ride up to Dallas across Hwy 175, you'll see smaller schools than Livingston way out in the middle of nowhere with better seating than you guys have. Sorry but it's the truth.

Like I said...it's all about the priorities of each school district and what their taxpayers are willing to support...and right now in this economy I don't think you will see too many schools, that don't have a lot of industry, population growth or a bond that has already passed, build or add on to their sports facilities...especially to accommodate visiting schools and their supporter's demands...

What a croc of S%#&.  You can't stand against the fence at field level?  I've never heard of such BS anywhere.  

i heard that. vidor's stadium holds bout 10,000 fans, but i was there at a homecoming before and i can guarentee you this, there was at least 20,000 there watching the game. never heard of a fire code in a football stadium,  ??? ??? oh well, that's a first i guess  :D :D

When heading to Livingston dont forget the ear plugs for the announcer.  She sounds like someone ran over a cat.  By the way she also tries to coach from the press box when time is running out.  I would think there would be some type of rule in place to keep the announcer from doing this.

When heading to Livingston don't forget the ear plugs for the announcer.  She sounds like someone ran over a cat.  By the way she also tries to coach from the press box when time is running out.  I would think there would be some type of rule in place to keep the announcer from doing this.

Okay, it took some searching but this is an excerpt from the UIL's sportsmanship manual:

Page 12

"Behavior Expectations of the Media"

Promote ideals and fundamentals of good sportsmanship.

Recognize and appreciate the efforts of all those who participate in the contest.

Refrain from making negative comments toward participants, coaches, or officials during a contest or in your story.

Report acts of sportsmanlike behavior without giving undue publicity to unsportsmanlike conduct.

Report facts without demonstrating partiality to either team. (How many times have we heard this happen.)

While at a contest, refrain from making any derogatory comments about participants, officials or coaches.

Always report positively about participants in your articles.

Granted I am making the assumption that the UIL considers the game announcer  as media since the only other references I can find only pertain to specific PSA's.

I don't think anyone is being "uppity" for wanting to watch their sons or their team play high school football.  If Livingston schedules a home game and they know teams will bring 4-5 thousand fans, why not plan ahead and bring in extra bleachers or something.  They've had 9 months since last year, it's not like they just found out about it yesterday. Like I said in another post, they also stand to gain financially from ticket sales and concessions.  I'm sure not only the visiting fans but the home fans would appreciate some accomodating arrangements especially with the team's success on the field.

I disagree, I am from one of the mentioned schools with the initials LHS and the fans have become very "Uppity" over the last 5-10 years.  We could barely win when I went to school there, but since the inception of the L-Train, the fans are so far in the air, it is rediculous.  Be proud of what you have but don't Down other schools because of their shortcomings.  I am sure they will work on the problems.  Good Luck Raiders on the rest of your season.

I don't think anyone is being "uppity" for wanting to watch their sons or their team play high school football.  If Livingston schedules a home game and they know teams will bring 4-5 thousand fans, why not plan ahead and bring in extra bleachers or something.  They've had 9 months since last year, it's not like they just found out about it yesterday. Like I said in another post, they also stand to gain financially from ticket sales and concessions.  I'm sure not only the visiting fans but the home fans would appreciate some accomodating arrangements especially with the team's success on the field.

I disagree, I am from one of the formentioned schools with the initials LHS and the fans have becomed very "Uppity" over the last 5-10 years.  We could barely win when I went to school there, but since the inception of the L-Train, the fans are so far in the air, it is rediculous.  Be proud of what you have but don't Down other schools because of their shortcomings.  I am sure they will work on the problems.  Good Luck Raiders on the rest of your season.

and nobody complained how bad centrals field was either! don't worry you guys will travel there,and will see for yourself, and hopefully you won't have the same announcer! people are calling it like they see it, whether it is central field,livingstons stadium or lumbertons train horn.

Guest JustAPlayersMom

When heading to Livingston dont forget the ear plugs for the announcer.  She sounds like someone ran over a cat.  By the way she also tries to coach from the press box when time is running out.  I would think there would be some type of rule in place to keep the announcer from doing this.

I know this probably sounds strange coming from a female but why is there a lady announcer?  I do not think I have ever heard a female announcer for a football team.  Only females I hear in the press box is announcing the cheer squad or band.

Does anyone else think a female announcer is a little weird?

I know this probably sounds strange coming from a female but why is there a lady announcer?  I do not think I have ever heard a female announcer for a football team.  Only females I hear in the press box is announcing the cheer squad or band.

YOU CANT FULLY APPRECIATE IT UNTIL YOU HAVE HEARD HER. SHE IS CHEERING AND COACHING AS SHE IS ANNOUNCING. IT WAS HORRIBLE DONT JUDGE OUR OPINION OF THE SITUATION UNTIL YOU HAVE FELT THE MISERY FIRST HAND.

I have a lot of respect for Livingston's football team and the fans. What I did not enjoy was listening to the press box. That was the worst part of the game. Good luck Livingston in the future.

P.S. Not every one enjoys rap music palyed loud on the stadium speakers before a game. Try to tone it down a little in the future.

yea......kinda strange

Did everyone know, that the 20-4A district committee has put in place an administration rule that the home team has to provide 1/2 of the seating to the visiting team.  I'm serious here now.  If the visiting team demands it, Livingston would have to provide 1/2 of the seating after removing the seats for both bands, etc.

So, you're telling me that PN-G is expected to give up some of their brand new seats when Nederland plays over there next week. I don't see that happening.

Most of the women on the TV networks do a great job covering football. I have yet to hear a female announcer though. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but she would have to be good, but then I can't stand a man doing a crummy job either.

Some of you people crack me up. Its an away game.They could care less if you like the announcer,seating,or the rap music.

Very well said. What they do care about is how the L-TRAIN goes into the home of the lions and takes a big ole W away from them. When they made every effort to try and win the game doing everything they could to take the Lumberton crowd out of the equation.

Most of the women on the TV networks do a great job covering football. I have yet to hear a female announcer though. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but she would have to be good, but then I can't stand a man doing a crummy job either.

I'm with you, it's not the sex of the announcer that counts, it's the skill. Although I was thinking this was novel and kind of cool, after the game got going and you could see how completely unprofessional she was, it was no longer novel, just irritating.

I have a lot of respect for Livingston's football team and the fans. What I did not enjoy was listening to the press box. That was the worst part of the game. Good luck Livingston in the future.

P.S. Not every one enjoys rap music palyed loud on the stadium speakers before a game. Try to tone it down a little in the future.

Hey at least they have good speakers and a nice scoreboard what does Lumberton have

I'm sure if they came to Lumberton they would complain about the way your scoreboard doesn’t work and the fact that they could not even hear your announcer with those 1920 speakers

So it might be best if you keep the complaints to a minimum until Lumberton fixes its own problems

ST4life: We'll take our lousy scoreboard and speakers.  We'll also take our field and seating capacity, our fire marshall, our horns, our announcer, our play clocks and mostly our win just like we got from you a couple of weeks ago.  We know your opinion, you know ours.  I like our position a lot better than yours.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami