Ozen vs. Nederland predictions?

key points... Reflecting from what I saw Friday night at Friendswood: I saw a deflated team from the moment they stepped foot on the field. Having to overcome losing their starting quarterback in week 1, then coming away with a big win against waller, then losing Smith going into a tough game on the road. Its been an emotional roller coaster for this ball club so far. I did not see much heart out there friday night. It was almost like they just wanted to get to district play as healthy as possible. That said, Smith will be back at the helm and he gives this team a lot of confidence. I dont have a problem with the spread offense, I just have a problem with the play calling at times but then again im not a coach. I think we need to let Smith stretch out his arm some more to Brady. Brady is usually against single coverage, and I trust him on a jump ball everytime. This team will peak at the right time. Neumann's teams always do. Got a lot of work to do on defense but we will be just fine going into district. Nederland has got some real talent people, just need some adjustments.

Nederland by 10

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole is a good RB for Friendswood, but White is way faster and elisive than him.  If cole ran about 130 yards on Nederland, White will get 200 yards easily, IMO.  If the Cardenas kid can counteract that with 100 yards of his own, this cold be interesting...

A typically idiotic post by BMT.  I'll take Cole over any running back from BO!!!!  Any day!!!!

Cole is a good RB for Friendswood, but White is way faster and elisive than him.  If cole ran about 130 yards on Nederland, White will get 200 yards easily, IMO.  If the Cardenas kid can counteract that with 100 yards of his own, this cold be interesting...

A typically idiotic post by BMT.  I'll take Cole over any running back from BO!!!!  Any day!!!!

Why is it idiotic?  I didn't degrade Cole.  I gave him props.  He got a good clump of yards on us last year.  I just know from what I have seen that James White from Ozen is faster and more elusive than Cole.  Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad...

Why is it idiotic?  I didn't degrade Cole.  I gave him props.  He got a good clump of yards on us last year.  I just know from what I have seen that James White from Ozen is faster and more elusive than Cole.  Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad...

Yes, you did try to degrade Cole, and you did it twice.

Why is it idiotic?  Among other reasons, because you offer it up as if it is a fact, and it is not.  It's your silly opinion.  And it's a meaningless opinion because it is utterly incapable of ever being tested, much less being verified.  And, it reeks of jealousy of both FHS and Nederland. 

Why is it idiotic?  Among other reasons, because you offer it up as if it is a fact, and it is not.  It's your silly opinion.  And it's a meaningless opinion because it is utterly incapable of ever being tested, much less being verified.  And, it reeks of jealousy of both FHS and Nederland. 

Dude, you  got me  wrong!  I have nothing against Nederland, Friendswood, or Cole.  I was offering an opinion based on what I know and what I saw.  I'm sorry that you cannot stomach opinions that differ from yours.  Oh well.  You can't make everyone happy. 

Cole is a good RB for Friendswood, but White is way faster and elisive than him.  If cole ran about 130 yards on Nederland, White will get 200 yards easily, IMO.  If the Cardenas kid can counteract that with 100 yards of his own, this cold be interesting...

A typically idiotic post by BMT.  I'll take Cole over any running back from BO!!!!  Any day!!!!

Why is it idiotic?  I didn't degrade Cole.  I gave him props.  He got a good clump of yards on us last year.  I just know from what I have seen that James White from Ozen is faster and more elusive than Cole.  Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad...

Why is it idiotic?  Among other reasons, because you offer it up as if it is a fact, and it is not.  It's your silly opinion.  And it's a meaningless opinion because it is utterly incapable of ever being tested, much less being verified.  And, it reeks of jealousy of both FHS and Nederland.  

Dude, you  got me  wrong!  I have nothing against Nederland, Friendswood, or Cole.  I was offering an opinion based on what I know and what I saw.  I'm sorry that you cannot stomach opinions that differ from yours.  Oh well.  You can't make everyone happy.  

Hmm who can't stmach it?  I thought I "stomached" it prety well by calling you out.  It seems to me you are the one who can't stomach it!

Panthers by 2 TD's... People are saying James White is coming back, if they had 2 100+ yard rushers last week adding White into the equation only makes things better... Coach Nelson has done a great job in the pre-season games making adjustments and finding what his teams stregnths are.. Remember while at Brook his offense had 2 good backs in Albert Williams & Christine Michaels while running the spread.. I say Ozen starts District off (1-0) after friday night

Cole is a good RB for Friendswood, but White is way faster and elisive than him.  If cole ran about 130 yards on Nederland, White will get 200 yards easily, IMO.  If the Cardenas kid can counteract that with 100 yards of his own, this cold be interesting...

A typically idiotic post by BMT.  I'll take Cole over any running back from BO!!!!  Any day!!!!

Why is it idiotic?  I didn't degrade Cole.  I gave him props.  He got a good clump of yards on us last year.  I just know from what I have seen that James White from Ozen is faster and more elusive than Cole.  Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad...

Why is it idiotic?  Among other reasons, because you offer it up as if it is a fact, and it is not.  It's your silly opinion.  And it's a meaningless opinion because it is utterly incapable of ever being tested, much less being verified.  And, it reeks of jealousy of both FHS and Nederland.  

Dude, you  got me  wrong!  I have nothing against Nederland, Friendswood, or Cole.  I was offering an opinion based on what I know and what I saw.  I'm sorry that you cannot stomach opinions that differ from yours.  Oh well.  You can't make everyone happy.  

Hmm who can't stmach it?  I thought I "stomached" it prety well by calling you out.  It seems to me you are the one who can't stomach it!

You called me out?  I must have missed it, Sunshine.    ::) 

I'm not gonna make any 2-3 TD predictions by Ozen but I will give a prediction based on the answer to this question.  Who has the longest field goal in the area thus far?  Ozen Panthers against PAM and it was a 48 yarder.  If Ozen has the ball last and on the 30 yardline or closer, I like the Panthers by 3.....

I think our boys played as well as could be expected under the circumstances .. 3rd string QB .. few turnovers .. few bad snaps ..even a few dropped passes. I think these boys are mad now, because they know they are a better team than what people saw on Friday Night. FW is a very big tuff physical team. Defense keeps getting better each game and now that we are gonna face a team in our District we are gonna be fine. Our boys fought till the finish and i definately think it will cary over to this next game. Neumann and company have a way of getting these kids ready and i know they will want it.  GO GET EM DOGS!!!

Dogs by 13

Guest traveler

Tyler Smith, our QB who took over for Bellow will be back next week. I think he could have played last night, but he was still weak from illness. No sense in taking chances. The way Friendswood played, it wouldn't have made much difference. We need to play some defense or it's going to be a long season.

With 64 yards gained, 6 first downs, and 9 fumbles sounds like Nederland's defense got a lot of playing time.  They really are going to have to get better if they have to spend that much time on the field.

You called me out?  I must have missed it, Sunshine.    ::)  /quote]

No you didn't.  But thanks for the compliment sunshine wannabe!!!

Even if our team was 100%, we still would have gotten blown out by Friendswood. They were just bigger, better, and everything else. We were just outclassed. Now ozen on the other hand, Its not going to be no 3 touchdown blowout by any means. Nederland is going to have a fire lit under their butt and come out ready to play some football. I'll take Nederland by 10.

week to week predictions are always funny to me.....regardless if people think their favorite team will get blown out they will still post a win.....But in this case the truth is that despite the current or even past record the ozen panthers should win the game. I have watched them play a couple of times this week(curious about the new coach) and they look pretty good. They lost to two 5a teams that most other teams in this district wld loose to as well. Dnt be silly and count those kids out they seem to be very talented same thing goes for LCM....No one in this district is a push over but that just brings excitement to each game.....

don't think any amount of running is going to help at this point. From what I  can see they need to play a hard, honest season and start bulking up And get serious about preparing as a team for next season. They are going to have to collectively be in a LOT better physical condition if they wanna compete. Just not enough muscle to go along with the heart.  

question.....Is the second string qb that much better the the kid who played against friendswood...I have only seen the dawgs play twice the wos gane and friendswood....the replayed version on tv. If below's fill in is a strong smart qb....this game may be interesting but it will take more than a good second string qb to beat ozen

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami