Vidor 35 HJ 14 Orange Leader write up

Guest JoesBros

Only ugly because of the fumbles on both teams.  Pirates had a long touchdown run called back late in the game because of a totally unnecessary block in the back.  Then, following the penalty, drove to the one with a first and goal.   Matthews elected to have Dohzier take a knee twice to run out the last 50 seconds on the clock rather than run up the score, (ala OU's Bob Stoops).  

HJ's QB Venable and running back Johnson showed some gutsy running, especially in the first half.  HJ's no huddle was largely ineffective, due to all the time it took to get a play called, they might as well have huddled up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was  pretty sloppy game from both teams. I've never seen so many fumbles from a combined effort. HJ had some good plays, and if they could have executed their spread attack, it would've been bad news for the Pirates. The Pirates did a good job of imposing their will in the run game, they just kept getting hit in the belly and fumbled. Same for HJ, as I said earlier.

I do have to tip my hat to Vidor though for taking a few knews in the final minute, when they were on the 1yd line, and could've at least made it 41-14 (42 assuming XP is good)

I obviously was not at the game last (live in Tennessee), and I couldn't listen live last night either.  My question is, people are talking about how ugly Vidor played last night, but others are talking about how wet it was.  Do you think there were so many fumbles and it looked ugly due to field conditions or did they just simply not look good last night?  Thanks!

the field was wet and muddy, no rain during the game. they played more of a defensive game then what theyve been playing so far for the first half. hawks were getting to the ball pretty well. vidor fumbled 4 or 5 times. hawks were definatly trying to strip the ball and was able to a few times. vidor made some mistakes and they didnt seem to be able to run the ball to the outside as well as they have been due to the wet conditions.

I obviously was not at the game last (live in Tennessee), and I couldn't listen live last night either.  My question is, people are talking about how ugly Vidor played last night, but others are talking about how wet it was.  Do you think there were so many fumbles and it looked ugly due to field conditions or did they just simply not look good last night?  Thanks!

The field was extremely mushy and I'd have to say i disagree with the ball being wet overall. the balls were switched in every other play. The ball was a little wet however due to when it touches the ground of course before the center snaps it. Vidor didn't play ugly other than a few suprise hits by HJ when Vidor fumbled, HJ just played well.

I was down on the sideline during the game and it wasn't the fact that Pitman was still to hurt to play. It was the fact the HJ did some scouting and found out his ankle wasn't in good shape, and someone and the bottom of the pile decided to give it a little yank in the wrong direction. I'm not saying that these things don't happen all the time in football at the bottom of the pile, but come on someone could get really hurt. I never post on here but just wanted to get the story out about Pitman, he has two weeks to recover and i hope he can because were going to need him against Central!!!!

And Vidor did their share of roughing at the bottom of the piles too. I watched some of their players do it as well and talked to a few HJ players afterwards and saw they had been stepped on a few times. But of course this is always going to happen at some point and time. Overall Vidor showed class and i think it was a good game for HJ to be apart of.

I obviously was not at the game last (live in Tennessee), and I couldn't listen live last night either.  My question is, people are talking about how ugly Vidor played last night, but others are talking about how wet it was.  Do you think there were so many fumbles and it looked ugly due to field conditions or did they just simply not look good last night?  Thanks!

The field was extremely mushy and I'd have to say i disagree with the ball being wet overall. the balls were switched in every other play. The ball was a little wet however due to when it touches the ground of course before the center snaps it. Vidor didn't play ugly other than a few suprise hits by HJ when Vidor fumbled, HJ just played well.

I was down on the sideline during the game and it wasn't the fact that Pitman was still to hurt to play. It was the fact the HJ did some scouting and found out his ankle wasn't in good shape, and someone and the bottom of the pile decided to give it a little yank in the wrong direction. I'm not saying that these things don't happen all the time in football at the bottom of the pile, but come on someone could get really hurt. I never post on here but just wanted to get the story out about Pitman, he has two weeks to recover and i hope he can because were going to need him against Central!!!!

And Vidor did their share of roughing at the bottom of the piles too. I watched some of their players do it as well and talked to a few HJ players afterwards and saw they had been stepped on a few times. But of course this is always going to happen at some point and time. Overall Vidor showed class and i think it was a good game for HJ to be apart of.

Your are correct, I saw (from behind the endzone) "roughing" from both sides.  I guess you could say "it's part of the game".  I was impressed with HJ.  I think that they will have a great season.

hey little i was on the feild the play whats his name got number 25 i think and there was no pile. so no one yanked or twisted his ankle. k bc i was three steps away from were he got injured. if u wanna know what realy happend he just got crap cut out of him i guess u could say and we thought it was hiis knee that was hurt. oh and dont realy scout one of the vidor players told us what happend two days before the game.

just to let everyonbe know the balls wasnt switched out every play. it was more like every three plays. so please get your facts straight before you talk. lol

just to let everyonbe know the balls wasnt switched out every play. it was more like every three plays. so please get your facts straight before you talk. lol

Maybe you should learn to read before you talk. Balls are generally switched in every 2-3 plays during wet conditions.

vidor showed tons of class....greaat game to watch even though we lost....hj played very well ....both teams should be practicing on not fumbling ...hahaha good luck to vidor and hj for the rest of the season!

I agree both teams played real well. They did make a lot of fumbles but who wouldn't in that type of weather. I know by playing football with my son it is hard to hold on to the ball in the rain or wet conditions. I just thank God thaqt no one got hurt seriously. As a mom I will be at all the games cheering on my son. I will be the loudest and most supportive fan in the stands and put it out there for all Vidor fans to show theire suppoort and come to the games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder