What's going on with the officiating chapter ????

whsalum

Actually.....................I haven't replied because the rankings are just now being finished....I wont put them on this site, but you can go and look at them on our website next week.........YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED WHO IS IN THE TOP FIVE!.....Hey man what is your beef?  Who in this chapter ever did anything to make you so angry?....

• 3 months later...
I'm kind of amazed this dicussion is still going on. When the former TASO board decided to switch there affiliation and take up with the UIL it was put to a chapter vote. A number of the current TASO group voted to go with UIL. Their vote was done so that they could start another chapter because they simply didn't like some of the members of the UIL board. It's that simple. It has caused numerous rifts this year with schools as well as taken a number of games from either chapter being able to call that game. I'm a member of the UIL chapter and have many friends that chose to go with the TASO Chapter. The UIL chapter has done the best the best work they could this year and the TASO chapter, as far as I know, has done the same.
One of the reasons the officials listed as the number 1, 2 & 3 officials in the chapter is because they are some of the best referees in the area. The TASO group has some excellent officials as well that would be in the top five or ten had they stayed with UIL. It is our hope that this mess will be solved before the next season comes around because refereeing balls games is not about how great the officials are...I doubt any of you come to games to check out the refs...it's about the kids who participate and the fans and the coaches...not the referee's.
We hate the fact there are good quality officials in the area who are not calling games right now because they don't like the system in place. Come back and help change the system...don't just quit because you didn't a game you think you deserved or becasue you don't like the board...come back and help change it. To all of you who may think you'd like to referee we would love to have you come and join our chapter...we always need new officals to replace us old guys who will not be around forever.

[quote name="OLDREF" post="704194" timestamp="1257958181"]
Actually.....................I haven't replied because the rankings are just now being finished....I wont put them on this site, but you can go and look at them on our website next week.........YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED WHO IS IN THE TOP FIVE!.....Hey man what is your beef?  Who in this chapter ever did anything to make you so angry?....
[/quote] I'm not angry, just stating the cold hard facts. I finally got to look at your top five. Sorry, I was dead on the money. 1-Garrett,2-Guidry,3-Abernathy,4-Hines, 5-Kenny Jones. So what part of the"new & improved" board ratings should I be surprised with. You're a little testy yourself, though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12